Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 96

Author Topic: Strangest Shit Ever  (Read 131578 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest Shit Ever
« Reply #1200 on: July 25, 2011, 02:18:27 am »

I concur.
The best option is to do nothing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 25, 2011, 06:32:28 am »

"At this time it would be a sound strategy not to build anything. Sometimes the best course of action is to do nothing"

Anyone?
[Signature]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 25, 2011, 08:07:16 am »

Potatoebutts.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 25, 2011, 08:54:07 am »

Kerbal Space Program.  It's awesome.  I spent the past day launching rockets.

And also crashing them. (note: not my video, but it gets the idea across rather well.)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 25, 2011, 12:29:04 pm »

I vote to build a large pair of Kamina glasses the next time we do a multiplayer embark.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1205 on: July 25, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »

80 pages of derail? Have you no ethics that ban derailing?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:27 pm »

Nope. None at all. Happens all the time. Best to let it happen here and not out there in the rest of the forum, agreed?

"The use of azurite and malachite as copper ore indicators led indirectly to the name of the element nickel in the English language. Nickeline, a principal ore of nickel that is also known as niccolite, weathers at the surface into a green mineral (annabergite) that resembles malachite. This resemblance resulted in occasional attempts to smelt nickeline in the belief that it was copper ore, but such attempts always ended in failure due to high smelting temperatures needed to reduce nickel. In Germany this deceptive mineral came to be known as kupfernickel, literally "copper demon". The Swedish alchemist Baron Axel Fredrik Cronstedt (who had been trained by Georg Brandt, the discoverer of the nickel-like metal cobalt) realized that there was probably a new metal hiding within the kupfernickel ore, and in 1751 he succeeded in smelting kupfernickel to produce a previously unknown (except in certain meteorites) silvery white, iron-like metal. Logically, Cronstedt named his new metal after the nickel part of kupfernickel. An unintended later consequence of his choice is that both Canadian and American coins worth one-twentieth of a dollar are now named after a German term for "kobolds"—that is, they are called nickels."
- Wikipedia article on Azurite

I propose that all reptilian depictions of kobolds now be referred to as nickels instead.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 25, 2011, 03:18:41 pm »

Hmm...

If only we could get some old geezer immersed into the forums to take this seriously to say things such as, "Back in my day, you could get a sack of candy for a single kobold!  And if you had five kobolds, you were the richest kid on the block!"

lulz

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 25, 2011, 03:26:27 pm »

Yo dawg, I herd you liked derailment, so I derailed your derailment so we can derail while we derail!

Here's a mindscrew:

Dwarves live underground. They grow food underground. They search for metals and gems underground...They have animals that live above ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 25, 2011, 03:51:52 pm »

Yo dawg, I heard you like yo dawg, so I put yo dawg in your yo dawg so you can yo dawg while you yo dawg.

(also)
Yo dawg, I heard Soviet Russia likes YOU!!
Yo dawg, I heard you like base, so I put a base in your base so you can kill ur d00dz while all of yours belongs to us.
Yo dawg, I herd you liek mudkipz, so I put mudkipz in your yo dawg so you can meme while you meme.

...I'm done.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 25, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »

Yo dawg, I herd you liked derailment, so I derailed your derailment so we can derail while we derail!

Here's a mindscrew:

Dwarves live underground. They grow food underground. They search for metals and gems underground...They have animals that live above ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...They probably taste better.

"Why is the soap always gone?"

I've always wondered what exactly a shit-post was. Is that when you post to post? This is the only forum I regular, so I am not knowing.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 25, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »

Yes,
*Hugs*

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 25, 2011, 08:48:01 pm »

I embarked on a spot with exposed kimberlite, so I figured that there just had to be diamonds in there somewhere. So, against my better judgment I got dfhack and revealed/prospected my entire embark. Long story short, not a single diamond short of the one pale yellow I bought off the caravan, but over 100 kimberlite. I'm using it to build a massive blue tower.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 25, 2011, 09:03:50 pm »

Unrelated news: Dwarven Orbital Kerbal Station.  Using the Kerbal Space Program previously linked in this thread, I've embarked on the goal to plant a station around Kearth (the planet) and weaponize orbit.  I'm currently experimenting with how to fine-tune my orbital ascent, I've overshot by about 150km of my 50km goal, and undershot my speed by a few hundred km/s.  Still relatively close, a few more runs and I'll get it under control.  Then I'll progress to bigger and heftier spaceships, until I'm able to plop a fortress in orbit with proper battlements and deployable bombs.

Can't wait until they introduce populated areas, cities, and destructible scenery.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 25, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »

Had terrible luck with that game. Consistently lose control of the ship. I got Jebediah to stop smiling for a moment though.

And I was wondering where you've been. I can't find the key to the palisade gates.

We should really devote to actually utilizing the DF:MP steam chat. Or get carnes to actually run his servers.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:02:18 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 96