Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 18727 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:22 am »

All credit goes to Irony as it was originally his idea so don't give me the accolades for anything but being willing to run this.

Spoiler: Shameless CopyPasta (click to show/hide)

That is the post that inspired me and the following rules/char sheet will be based off of that.

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Horror Types (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

For the start I think I'm going to limit it to two horrors of each type, that way we at least start off nice and well rounded.  Irony gets choice of whatever horror he wants to be, sorry if that kicks anyone out of their preferred horror types but I made a promise and I have to keep it.

Once I get an idea of how this is going to play out I'll make a more detailed first post so you have plenty to work with when you get started.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:15:23 pm by V-Norrec »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom: Starting in a Forum near you!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:36:57 am »

Would it be possible to be Pestilance as a Demon?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:37:37 am »

RESERVE SO MUCH

EDIT: Can't I be an imp?

DOUBLE EDIT:
Name:  Hellbringer
Horror Type:  Demon
Appearance:  2 Horns, Flaming Hair, Blood Red Eyes, 8 Ft 9 In, Small Claws, and Tail
Background:  Hellbringer is the son of a former demon lord, and a succubus. His mother was killed by another demon lord, and his father died sacrificing himself to kill the man who slayed his wife. Every since then Hellbringer had fled to Dread Isle with his father's sword Asgard here he would create his army to help him become the King Of all Demons.
Starting Region:  Dread Isle
Ultimate Goal:  Become the King Of All Demons
Inventory: Gold Plated Robes, and a large two handed one sided sword. Blood red, and with a crystal embedded in the hilt.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:45:06 am by adwarf »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:38:35 am »

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Waiting List:  N/A
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:52:50 pm by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:41:25 am »

You can be whatever you want, however for the purpose of consistency you must choose a horror type for it to fall under.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:48:03 am »

Name: Pestilance
Horror Type: Demon
Appearance: A thin sickly looking man with blond hair tied back in a ponytail. Bright green eyes, sharp features to his face, and pale skin. He dresses well and carries a cane.
Background: One of the four horsemen, he is the bringer of disease, plague, and infestations.
Starting Region: The Plains of Ostar
Ultimate Goal:  Awaken his three brothers one by one and bring about the end of the world
Inventory: Rich Merchant clothing, Canesword(sword hidden in a cane).

Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:52:41 am »

Name: Tarran.
Horror Type: Abomination.
Appearance: Lots of ey-OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT. (AKA it doesn't matter because people's minds will melt).
Background: Countless years old, Tarran is one of the Elder Gods' sons. Not much is known about him, but that he's relatively tame and is more Lawful Evil and less Chaotic Evil. He seeks to own the realm of the Elder Gods, through whatever means necessary. He doesn't care about much else.
Starting Region: The Plains of Ostar.
Ultimate Goal:  Rule the planes of the Elder Gods, and at least one region.
Inventory:  Clothes, Longsword.

Does that work?

Edit: Does that work?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:04:41 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 01:56:40 am »

Name: Pestilance
Horror Type: Demon
Appearance: A thin sickly looking man with blond hair tied back in a ponytail. Bright green eyes, sharp features to his face, and pale skin. He dresses well and carries a cane.
Background: One of the four horsemen, he is the bringer of disease, plague, and infestations.
Starting Region: The Plains of Ostar
Ultimate Goal:  Awaken his three brothers one by one and bring about the end of the world
Inventory: Rich Merchant clothing, Canesword(sword hidden in a cane).

You realize due to horror choice everyone will recognize you instantly and such right?

Also only 2 demons 2 abominations and 2 vampires at the start, sorry.  I want this to be balanced at the start.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 01:58:36 am »

Well neither Abomination nor Vampire fit the character, only Demon does.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 01:58:53 am »

Sorry Tarran I got the first Demon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 01:59:57 am »

Curse you and your ninja edit. >_>

Hold on. Editing my sheet.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 02:00:58 am »

As long as you know your appearance won't get you treated any different.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 02:01:39 am »

Name: Makavai
Horror Type: Vampire
Appearance: When fully fed and attempting to pass as human, a handsome man with pale skin and stark white hair and eyes. When hungry, much the same but with obvious fangs, a larger jaw, glowing red eyes, and inhumanly long fingers.
Background: Long ago, Makavai was a ruthless nobleman- strong, agile, handsome, cunning, and lacking any shred of sympathy or remorse. He successfully brought ruin to many in his rise to power, but his ambition knew no bounds. Always he sought to climb higher, and always there was a mountain of corpses to aid him.
  Unfortunately, one of those ruined by his ruthless scheming happened to be a vampiress. She fell madly in love with him as a result, and expressed her love the only way she knew how. Cunning though he was, Makavai was far, far too hated by far, far too many people to be able to sustain such a grisly new secret, and was soon found out by those who would stop at nothing to see him ruined. He fled to the wilderness, swearing the bloodiest vengeance upon all who had dared cross him.
  Innumerable butchered travelers later, Makavai's rage and bloodlust has subsided, and his old memories have returned. He doesn't remember how long it's been, where he used to live, or whatever happened to his paramour, and he doesn't care. What he remembers is that he is destined to rule the world, and the time has come for him to stop massacring villagers in the middle of nowhere and seize his mantle.
Starting Region: The Dread Isles
Ultimate Goal:  Gain complete dominion over the sun and all who dwell beneath it.
Inventory:  Clothes, Rapier

Does feeding on mortals kill them?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 02:04:13 am »

As long as you know your appearance won't get you treated any different.
I'm fine with that, it's just someting I feel would suit Pestilance anyway, besides he's likely followed around by a horde of insects and spreds disease to what he touches, kinda obvious what he is.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:03 am »

Hold on. Editing my sheet.
Done. Is it alright?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20