Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 67570 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »

Hey. Sorry I disappeared for a while; a bunch of important stuff happened that I needed to take care of straight away.
___

Jim: Do you really have nowhere better to place your vote? And why now, in this game?
___

Toaster: Do you have any suspicions at all? Vector is still the subject of your RVS question-vote (which has now been answered, mind), and you haven't yet taken any noteworthy stabs at anybody. Have you found anything of note with your questions as well?
___

IronyOwl: How come you haven't actually done any hunting today? Your current behaviour yells passiveness, seeing as it's all just answering questions, your vote is an RV and the only thing even close to true activity is an off-handed pair of comments to Max White.
___

ToonyMan:
Why exactly were you suspicious of Jim? Your vote was an RVS, and you pursued very little with that - you didn't even talk to him besides softballing him a few times at the very start, ending with "It was a reaction test which you passed with flying colours" (paraphrased) for a question.

In fact, the only claim you have against Jim is "Town Jim would have did [sic] something different." What? Are you really that lost here?

You haven't explicitly mentioned anywhere why you're suspicious of him in the first place, and the whole relationship feels odd because of it. Now here, you say that your other suspicion is Max White. The whole thing just feels like a cover up to me - finding some reason for the lingering RV, then joining in a bandwagon (you had little prior interaction with Max as said below) on somebody just suspicious enough for nobody to go back and check.

This makes the whole thing even worse; what you've been doing to Jim here is definitely not typical of a top suspicion. Hell, you'd expect that you'd put some pressure on such a high priority, no?

It's not really a scum-vote, is it? Just a bus to distance yourself from your fellow?

And you got your suspicions for Max from this post, but it's your second one and you make no previous mention of him. How did this condemnation actually com into your head in the first place? How is he being passive-scum? How come you've never actually put any pressure on him (ever), or any other sort of active probing to confirm this?

Doesn't seem like you've done much thinking,
___

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17:24 pm »

No Jim bumped it up by one for me.  Extend, heh.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2011, 05:18:06 pm »

Make that +2 now with LNCP's vote.  I really don't have enough time to defend myself unless we extend this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »

Extend.

I don't think we have enough information to end D1.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2011, 05:21:23 pm »

We'll need one more extend vote, and I really want to hear answers.

I'll see if I can cook up some more stuff.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Vector
Max White: Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
Pandarsenic: IronyOwl
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, Max White, Think0028
Vector: Toaster

Actually, 3 votes is enough to extend. I forgot when I did the last statement about extending that this game is smaller. You need 25% to extend, which you have with 3 in an 11 player game. My apologies for the confusion there.

So, day is Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday

Note that Friday might be a bit off from that, as I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow and I don't know when during the day I'll have internet access.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2011, 05:39:46 pm »

Vector: Can you please restate your suspicions of Dariush in full, as well as provide posts (if any) and reasoning?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

We'll need one more extend vote, and I really want to hear answers.

I'll see if I can cook up some more stuff.
Information is valuable, let's get some more of it.
Extend.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »

EDIT:
Wait, should have read the rest, ignore that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »

Jim: Do you really have nowhere better to place your vote? And why now, in this game?

Better than ToonyMan, the player you're voting? If you've got a recommendation beyond the one you consider best I'd love to hear it.

Unless you're talking about Pandarsenic.

Yes, I do have a better place to put my vote since I swapped my vote back to ToonyMan now that Pandarsenic's posting somewhat.

As for why this game, well, I'm only in so many games. If somebody decided to not post at all after being repeatedly prodded to do so in another game, I'd vote for them in that game too. I'm fucking tired of people not playing the games they signed up for.

Now there is something interesting here.
Voting someone you don't really think is scum is not a town thing to do. And if you're scum, you'll very rarely REALLY believe the person you're voting is scum, after all...
Saying somebody doesn't believe their own vote is a some what sketchy thing. You can't really prove it ever, it's just a subjective way to call somebody scum for having an opinion.
Also take note that Pandar is focusing this tactic on me, and not Think. I have something Think does not, that being a RVS vote from somebody who hasn't been very active. Combine Pandas weakly justified vote, with Toony's defensive vote, and together they managed to even the vote tally and save Toonys ass for the mean time.

Did I get that right? We have three each. Can we get a votecount to be sure?

What does Think0028 have to do with anything? Pointing out the behavior of other people in defense of yourself is essentially the mafia equivalent of two wrongs don't make a right. It doesn't excuse what you're doing.

So I'm curious why you brought Think0028 up at all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2011, 05:46:32 pm »

He was the other person voting for Toony. Pandar could have used the same arguments against him, but then Think didn't have a RVS vote. That is some what WIFOM, but as I said, it was an interesting train of thought either way.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:10 pm »

Modface: Poke Jokerman-EXE. He hasn't posted in 67 hours.

Jokerman-EXE: What the hell? Where are you, and what have you been doing? Provide us with an exhaustive list of your suspicions in full and supply reasoning as well as citations for each.

Dariush: Your Vote toward Toony is an RV. Why has it lingered? Is it justified now? Have you observed or discovered anything noteworthy? Do you have any suspicions yet? Is there any reason you've been such passive idiot, and why shouldn't we just lynch you right off for being utterly useless?

Better than ToonyMan, the player you're voting? If you've got a recommendation beyond the one you consider best I'd love to hear it.

Unless you're talking about Pandarsenic.

Yeah, I'm talking about Pandarsenic.

Yes, I do have a better place to put my vote since I swapped my vote back to ToonyMan now that Pandarsenic's posting somewhat.

As for why this game, well, I'm only in so many games. If somebody decided to not post at all after being repeatedly prodded to do so in another game, I'd vote for them in that game too. I'm fucking tired of people not playing the games they signed up for.

Fair enough. Do you have any strong opinion on policy-lynching in general?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2011, 05:56:54 pm »

Policy lynches are usually terrible ideas. They give people easy reasons to place votes, and that's never something you want, because you'd rather have scum work to justify their lynches since they'll have a harder time to do that and might reveal themselves in the process. It's been a long time since anybody's actually used a policy lynch to justify a terrible vote like that, so it hasn't been too much of a problem. (This isn't counting preboot Paranormal 19 where I proposed doing LAL. I'm talking more than a year ago, or maybe two, where people would bust out policy lynches somewhat regularly.)

Buuuut, I dunno. I'm starting to really like the idea of Lynch All Lurkers.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2011, 05:59:54 pm »

Vector: Can you please restate your suspicions of Dariush in full, as well as provide posts (if any) and reasoning?

I RV'd him; in the meantime he gave answers I didn't like and has been sitting on his RVS for a guy who has, what, 5 votes on him.

That's not a good reason to sit on an RV.  If he doesn't think Toony's scum, then he needs to clear off; either way, he needs to do something productive with the vote, rather than just... leaving it there.

(Ninja'd by you, but there's evidence for such thinking in previous posts of mine)

Oh, and I completely forgot about this.

Because I think he's scum.
Unvote.
That is pretty much all I wanted to know.

Max White, please explain what possessed you to ask the question in the first place, and why you would be looking for an answer along the lines of "because he's scum."

It looks almost like you're pretending to scumhunt, because this mockery surely cannot be mistaken for actually hunting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2011, 06:05:32 pm »

Jim had already outlined he's reasons. I expected Town Jim to not bother why he thought Toony was scum, while scum Jim was more likely to try and give reasons. Had he been a little more defensive and started going over he's reasoning in summery, I would have suspected him.
Because I had a policy of saving my vote, when I did vote Jim thought I was going to start tunnelling him, and that's when your going to see scum Jim most defensive about he's opinion. Although Panda seems to disagree with this, I'm not taking Panda on he's word right now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30