Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263067 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2011, 12:34:19 am »

News: You can apparently overencumber your MOUTH by getting a riot helmet and a filter mask.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. WHAAAAAAAAAAT. That... MAKES NO SENSE.

Edit: Oh, there's a stat for it. But still, how do you encumber your mouth? Shouldn't it be your head?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:37:17 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2011, 12:37:12 am »

The Game's pretty impressive,

Only one problem is that I cannot run it on my frukkin Windows.

Head's version crashes a lot, PuTTY is too damn slow and usually filled with hordes of zombies, places are looted. basically not playable.

well Whales, I seriously do hope you're planning to compile this for windows, as majority of people use Windows. not Linux.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2011, 12:44:53 am »

I followed the directions in the first post, but I get an "invalid port" error. Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do?

Nevermind. Apparently it's supposed to be port 22.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:47:03 am by Duelmaster409 »
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2011, 12:51:51 am »

Edit: Oh, there's a stat for it. But still, how do you encumber your mouth? Shouldn't it be your head?
First time I saw this it made me think of the lips sagging and being weighed down. I guess it makes some sense - you can carry a ton of weight on your head, and still be able to speak and eat and stuff normally, but as soon as you start putting a scarf and a gasmask on those things start getting more difficult.
well Whales, I seriously do hope you're planning to compile this for windows, as majority of people use Windows. not Linux.
Learn to compile it yourself :P Not to be mean or anything, but for languages such as C++, crossplatform compatibility is a serious time-sink if you don't plan for it from the beginning. This is only an alpha, so you're lucky to be able to play it at all. I'm sure he'll get to something more compatible eventually, but for now...

Whales - I'm not sure if this is possible in terms of how you've structured loading up maps in memory (I only glanced at your blog post about it), but right now the city is very blocky. You could solve this if overland tiles could take into consideration surrounding tile types and cooperate with each other to make things more detailed. I'm thinking narrower streets with smaller houses forming large neighborhoods (with alleys behind them), large apartment buildings where multiple houses occur in large squares, curbs and driveways for cars (eventually), and powerlines, sweet sweet high-voltage powerlines. Thoughts?
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2011, 12:56:44 am »

Sir, I wouldn't be so sad if I had the time or means to "learn how to compile it myself".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 30, 2011, 01:12:39 am »

Ouch.

Just... ouch.

Labs aren't very fun. Those scientists are easy as hell, but those manhacks... Especially in swarms while you're wounded...

Just... ouch.

Also, my left leg was apparently a bullet magnet as turrets ONLY SHOT AT MY LEFT LEG. Seriously, guys, it's not like it insulted you or something like that.

Oh well, at least I've got a nice killscore of 26 scientists, one blob, two small blobs, 13 manhacks, and 6 (quite inaccurate) turrets.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 30, 2011, 01:21:31 am »

Someone earlier was wondering if mininukes can be legitly found in-game. I'm unsure about that, but they are craftable with a difficulty of 10. Aside from the 6x plutonium cells needed, all it takes is the contents of your household junk drawer.

A minor comment on the recipe for mutagen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

knightawesome

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGWTFBBQ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 30, 2011, 01:23:15 am »

In my latest run i just blew up my safehoue! :P
I was collecting bottles of gasoline and making molotovs so i had four bottles of gasoline,ten bottles of vodka and two molotovs.I was trying to drop stuff and get out of there when i pressed the wrong button and lit a MOLOTOV!!
so I try to throw it far enough away so i could grab my stuff and get out of there but the fire spread to the gasoline to fast and not only blew up my whole house but also the one next to it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

A minor comment on the recipe for mutagen:
If I had to guess, I'd say

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2011, 01:28:56 am »

Oh jeez, why do I check this thread?! I'm just tormenting myself, wishing I could play this awesome game. D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2011, 01:33:29 am »

Try Head's version:
Adding a quicksave for us crashy windows players.

EDIT:
https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win32_v1.2.zip

There press 'V' to quick save your game.
Just remember to hit V CONSTANTLY. EVERY TIME YOU PICK UP A VITAL ITEM. Since the quicksave doesn't restore item positions and such, just you. Also, QUICKSAVE AFTER LOADING.

Other than that, it should be pretty playable, just crashy.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2011, 01:35:25 am »

Okay what the hell? I was all happy murdering zombies out on the streets and eating squirrels when all of a sudden it starts raining ACID?? What?
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2011, 02:11:58 am »

Oh jeez, why do I check this thread?! I'm just tormenting myself, wishing I could play this awesome game. D:

All you need is VirtualBox and an iso of the latest Ubuntu.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2011, 03:00:57 am »

It's odd how many crashes you are experience mine only starts crashing when using the @ screen too much
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2011, 03:20:46 am »

Mine on windows froze when I got my first yes/no prompt
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 777