Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1262982 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #810 on: July 02, 2011, 08:05:40 am »

Ah, whoops.
Well, thanks for the info, although that feature can be a bit miss leading.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 02, 2011, 09:50:14 am »

I'm gonna make Necromancers revive chunks of meat in some kind of Fantasia Sorceror's Apprentice nightmare scenario, just out of spite.

Please do this, that would be amazing. Especially if you are carrying meat on you at the time!

And then we have to burn the zombie corpses to be sure they won't come back! ^_^

(So cool!)

Oh, and super awesome for drag mechanic! When I first played I spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to move a dresser in front of the door before I realized I couldn't.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 02, 2011, 10:16:07 am »

so, what's XP good for anyway?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 02, 2011, 10:20:03 am »

so, what's XP good for anyway?
I believe you use it to progress in skills.
If you run out of XP, you won't improve your skills, no matter how much you use them.

Besides, it says so like, in the main menu.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:22:53 am by FunctionZero »

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 02, 2011, 11:16:05 am »

Hit the ~ key.

i hit the key but the debug don't off...

Is possible to unlock the door and no smash it??

How i can find the nails?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:21:11 am by teoleo »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 02, 2011, 11:24:14 am »

Hit the ~ key.

i hit the key but the debug don't off...

Is possible to unlock the door and no smash it??

How i can find the nails?

You can pry it open with a crowbar. Check a hardware store for nails.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 02, 2011, 11:28:36 am »

thank...
the game is enough complicate and my english is not enough good....  ;)

knightawesome

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGWTFBBQ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:32 am »

Could you make doors Craftable?, When i board up a house I always leave the door unbarricaded,So I can get into my safe-house.Until the zombies come and break it down.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 02, 2011, 03:21:49 pm »

Well. Now that I know that little bit about encumbrance and penalty's for not wearing footwear... I know it's really specific, but would it be too much to ask for a perk or drawback that made it so you only get the sneakers effect when NOT wearing any? I know there's people out there (Like me) that it definitely works in reverse for. Even professional runners that can't go their top speed with footwear.

Mainly just asking so I don't always end up questioning myself why I have them.

I have been considering a perk that removes the barefoot penalty and gives a few other bonuses along with it.  Look for it in a future update.
As for your lackluster lab experience, well, it's the luck of the draw.  Sometimes you'll wind up in a brutal lab, other times it's all too easy.  Hopefully the "finale room" has difficulty commiserate with its rewards (which are sometimes amazing and sometimes not so great).

I'll rewrite the encumbrance warning so that it only warns you for the piece of armor you just put on.

Stacking is coming soon, don't worry!  Until then, try traveling a little lighter. :)

Door crafting is a good idea.  I'm planning on opening up a "constructin" menu soon, from which you can construct walls, doors, etc.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 02, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »

I have one teeny suggestion about crafting. Would it be possible for high levels of mechanics or firearms (Or both) allow you to make weapons mods? It seems weird to me that level 3 tailoring lets you make gas masks but we can't hack up a quick and dirty magazine extension no matter what.

Also probably gonna wait a few versions in to continue playing as currently, going to sleep is a crapshoot of sleeping safely or getting my save corrupted by strange debug messages. Not quite sure what's going on there. This has been great so far though Whales. Never played a rougelike that clicked with me on so many levels before this one.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 02, 2011, 03:28:17 pm »

I've got a small suggestion too, though non-related to crafting.

Make the roll to get cut while climbing through a broken windown much smaller, if there aren't any enemies around.
Obviously a person would be more careful and take the time to safely climb it if he isn't in a rush.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 02, 2011, 03:30:09 pm »

my latest character died at day 12 from a flying polyp ... i dodged for 2 turns, but then it hit my head twice. Melee combat knife characters are awesome. off to grab his loot! also: maybe the age of the map should save, too. That way you don't encounter the dead body of a character that died on the 12th day on day 1...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 02, 2011, 03:51:45 pm »

I have one teeny suggestion about crafting. Would it be possible for high levels of mechanics or firearms (Or both) allow you to make weapons mods? It seems weird to me that level 3 tailoring lets you make gas masks but we can't hack up a quick and dirty magazine extension no matter what.

Also probably gonna wait a few versions in to continue playing as currently, going to sleep is a crapshoot of sleeping safely or getting my save corrupted by strange debug messages. Not quite sure what's going on there. This has been great so far though Whales. Never played a rougelike that clicked with me on so many levels before this one.

Good call on gun mod crafting, I'll throw a few recipes in.
What kind of debug messages are you getting?  It won't get fixed if you don't tell me specifically what the issue is.
Glad you're enjoying though!

I've got a small suggestion too, though non-related to crafting.

Make the roll to get cut while climbing through a broken windown much smaller, if there aren't any enemies around.
Obviously a person would be more careful and take the time to safely climb it if he isn't in a rush.

Well, I don't want the game to make the choice for the player on whether or not to rush through a window--maybe the player wants to hurry through even if no monsters are in view, or maybe the player wants to take their time, despite the zombies 12 tiles away.
That said, I'll make it easier to avoid being cut.

my latest character died at day 12 from a flying polyp ... i dodged for 2 turns, but then it hit my head twice. Melee combat knife characters are awesome. off to grab his loot! also: maybe the age of the map should save, too. That way you don't encounter the dead body of a character that died on the 12th day on day 1...

Nasty critters, those.  Saving different "ages" of maps would take up astronomically more disk space, and be pretty confusing and complicated.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:54:04 pm by Whales »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 02, 2011, 04:02:18 pm »

What kind of debug messages are you getting?  It won't get fixed if you don't tell me specifically what the issue is.

Oh. Derp. Sorry.

The messages are kind of slightly obscured for whatever reason. But it's always "Bumped into zombie (Insert number here) and the rest is cut off.

maybe the age of the map should save, too. That way you don't encounter the dead body of a character that died on the 12th day on day 1...

12th day for your old character... But first day for your new character. Think about it for a bit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 02, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Oh. Derp. Sorry.

The messages are kind of slightly obscured for whatever reason. But it's always "Bumped into zombie (Insert number here) and the rest is cut off.

Sounds like NPCs.  Imagine that!

maybe the age of the map should save, too. That way you don't encounter the dead body of a character that died on the 12th day on day 1...

12th day for your old character... But first day for your new character. Think about it for a bit.

Well, it is a bit of an alignment issue when it comes to things like seasons--which in the next update will shift every 10 days.  But yes, shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 777