Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260277 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1890 on: July 17, 2011, 11:56:54 am »

While we're asking questions, is it possible to adjust the key of an item? Like, to change the key of, say, a shovel from O to something like z?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 17, 2011, 11:59:05 am »

Blue background is what happens when they're "crushed" by a melee attack, usually blunt or unarmed. Seems to slow 'em down considerably and possibly induce a kind of minor 'confusion' (random movement) type effect. Red background is on fire, for some DoT.

Also, re: swimming: There's a gills mutation :P

Also a CBM that's supposed to drastically increase your lung capacity, iirc. Diving under water shouldn't be an insta-kill even without those, though. Nice struggle between the water, your enc, and your swim skill should probably ensue after attempting it. Warning that you're about to go into potential drowning situation would be nice, too~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 17, 2011, 12:17:25 pm »

I found a door in the middle of a room. Is this normal? And why has almost every basement plutonium somewhere? And where do you see your morale?

Also: I found a katana :D
I hope I'll survive a bit longer now.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 17, 2011, 12:21:28 pm »

I found a door in the middle of a room. Is this normal? And why has almost every basement plutonium somewhere? And where do you see your morale?

Also: I found a katana :D
I hope I'll survive a bit longer now.

It's normal to find doors in weird places.

You can see morale by hitting %

Katanas are awesome but slow. Watch your torso encumbrance since you can easily end up getting 1 attack for every 2 zombie moves, which can be deadly.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 17, 2011, 12:25:15 pm »

i think adding the total morale number you see in the % screen somewhere on the main screen could be usefull.

maybe below the XP number? between PER and SPD? or above RUN?  well no idea where it could fit... maybe below XP when all the stat numbers get moved to the left a bit? but that might be a bit tight with the "pain and hunger" info stuff... or right of the temperature?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 17, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »

How do I see my mutations
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 17, 2011, 12:29:07 pm »

never had ones yet.. but i guess the bionics screen maybe?  (p button)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 17, 2011, 12:33:44 pm »

Got swarmed by sewer snakes. Going into the metro without a light might not have been the best idea.
Time for plan molotov

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:59 pm »

On a scale of 1 to ten, how useful is using gasoline as a trap for your safehouse?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Andserk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 17, 2011, 12:40:10 pm »

I think there should be a chance to fall to the ground if we are beaten on the legs or torso (center of gravity).
Perhaps being encumbered but having a good strenght decreases this chance because of the high mass on our side, but would be harder to recover from the ground. while wearing light clothes and having good dexterity will make easier to recover from a fall, but we may fall over more often.

I'm not saying this game is not hard/fun enough, actually we can absorb several hits and keep fighting with a speed penalty of pain wich can be solved by taking stimulants and/or strong painkillers and this in my opinion encourages a Zombie-slaying style, more than Zombie-survival gaming. Anyways this is only matter of taste of the player, and i think this genre of game is a rarity in these days.

what you guys think about this?

PD: apologies if my english is awful  :-X

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 17, 2011, 12:41:38 pm »

Aren't they listed on shift+2 screen?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 17, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »

On a scale of 1 to ten, how useful is using gasoline as a trap for your safehouse?
Considering fires draw in more zombies (I think) and it's likely to burn your house down -10
*Hugs*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 17, 2011, 12:47:12 pm »

If you or your zombie pall break something, will it still be broken when you die and make a new char? This pile of broken zombies and shattered glass seems very familiar...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 17, 2011, 12:55:41 pm »

Considering fires draw in more zombies (I think) and it's likely to burn your house down 100
fixed

edit: oops double post  >:(

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 17, 2011, 12:56:21 pm »

If you or your zombie pall break something, will it still be broken when you die and make a new char? This pile of broken zombies and shattered glass seems very familiar...
The world is persistent unless you delete the save folder.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 777