Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263172 times)

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1995 on: July 19, 2011, 12:01:49 am »

You were prolly already wounded and didn't notice. When I'm surrounded by zombies I tend to panic and not check my health.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 19, 2011, 12:30:47 am »

Standing in acid for 1 turn doesn't do TOO much damage imo
Still killed me in 1 turn.
Well why are you telling us then. Why would we care that your character died.
I'm just telling you how silly I think it is that standing in acid for 1 turn with almost full health killed me.
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 19, 2011, 12:32:03 am »

Well why are you telling us then. Why would we care that your character died.
It's a cautionary tale, the moral of which is "Don't stand in acid".
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 19, 2011, 12:35:47 am »

The hell? I can't backspace my name? *redoes everything*

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 19, 2011, 12:45:33 am »

Yeah thats annoying

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 19, 2011, 12:58:33 am »

So, about how long do you guys last? I havnt even made it to day 3 yet, but I just downloaded the game today. I go out to get supplies and get bumrushed by zeds fairly quickly.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 19, 2011, 01:02:13 am »

I usually don't last more than a day or two.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 19, 2011, 01:04:08 am »

I looted everything (backpack > all) I could, couldn't figure out how to tell my weight limit, killed some zombies, got mauled by a wolf, killed and butchered it, went into my basement and found out my guy was preparing for this all along, tried to flee into the forests, encountered a shocker zombie and just as I was about to run away from all the other zombies a skeleton showed up and was faster then me :(

First game

Anyone capable of giving some hints? Mine is get a backpack :)

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 19, 2011, 01:05:26 am »

Get a gun and a silencer.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 19, 2011, 01:05:44 am »

Okay this is really annoying. I instinctivley hit z to check my status and it says "debugging... 8 radio towers. press spacebar" or something, and then when I look at the map it's completely explored, ruining all the surprise and need to explore at all.

Is there a way to stop that from happening, or disable debug mode altogether?

Also, numpad enter doesn't count as enter = frustrating
Backspace does nothing = frustrating

Blarrg

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:09 am »

I knew about the back pack. . . .i guess, molotov cocktails are an easily craftable and effective weapon? Just some liquer and a rag.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 19, 2011, 01:11:04 am »

So, about how long do you guys last? I havnt even made it to day 3 yet, but I just downloaded the game today. I go out to get supplies and get bumrushed by zeds fairly quickly.
A few days for my current character. Either 2 or 3. He's mowed down several hordes of zombies if I'm remembering the correct character, and failed twice (but thankfully just suffering pain) while installing biotics. He has a lot of guns. Lots of bullets. But unfortunately he has nowhere to put his foods because of all the bullets and guns. That might be a problem... :P

Anyone capable of giving some hints? Mine is get a backpack :)
Don't shoot skellies unless you have lots of ammo or feel lucky. They will rarely die to bullets.
Random trap clusters are a lot more effective than you'd expect. You have a decent chance of surviving hordes of zombies if you stand behind them.
Speed is a must-have for ANY characters, most definitely ranged ones. Mine can run faster than skellies, which is important because he uses guns ONLY. Speed always saves me almost all the time unless I'm dying slowly, are absolutely surrounded, or are walled in.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 19, 2011, 01:14:22 am »

Ok, failed tries number 2,3,4, and 5 because of game bugging out.

Great. Until someone can give me a fix, I'm done.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 19, 2011, 01:17:21 am »

Where are you bugging out and what are the error messages if any, anyway? Honestly, people need to be more descriptive on this stuff. ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2009 on: July 19, 2011, 01:21:11 am »

I encountered a bug with multiplying shotgun traps. every time the trap goes off, it drops a shotgun, 10 bolts and some string, while leaving the trap behind, ready to go off again. Also, in the crafting menu, it says that shotgun traps take either one 3 in piece of string or two 6 in pieces of string, which seems backward.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 777