Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263095 times)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3000 on: July 25, 2011, 10:30:19 am »

Whales, why are you being wanted by the police anyway? Did the zombies hack the security systems and set some humans to be wanted?

Also thanks for the update head!

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:28 am »

Whales, why are you being wanted by the police anyway? Did the zombies hack the security systems and set some humans to be wanted?

Also thanks for the update head!

You're only "wanted" if you break into a bank or a police station.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 25, 2011, 10:33:35 am »

Ah I see, will you be able to hack those robots and have them protect you?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 25, 2011, 10:33:58 am »

Also, does this mean we'll get EMP weapons? It is hard to kill a robot, made for combat.
I would imagine most future robots would be shielded, honestly.

As for the alarms - haven't tested them yet, I hope they are loud and attract zeds, though.

I'd also love it if they DID go after zombies who broke in, it would be great to watch. At the very least consider allowing us to hack the system to set a police-bot to "guard" mode on us for a while, to act like a dog. That would be great, and a nice reward for very high computer skill.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 25, 2011, 10:44:21 am »

Also, does this mean we'll get EMP weapons? It is hard to kill a robot, made for combat.
I would imagine most future robots would be shielded, honestly.

Yeah, but these are.... future... EMP... special... SCIENCE!

As for the alarms - haven't tested them yet, I hope they are loud and attract zeds, though.

I'd also love it if they DID go after zombies who broke in, it would be great to watch. At the very least consider allowing us to hack the system to set a police-bot to "guard" mode on us for a while, to act like a dog. That would be great, and a nice reward for very high computer skill.

They are loud and will attract some monsters.
Now that I think of it, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to set it up so that zombies who "break into" a bank or something cause *friendly* robots to show up to exterminate the menace.  Though that would lead to banks becoming an uber-shelter, where any ingress of zombies is dealt with by machines rather than the player.

I like the hacking idea to dispatch robots.  This will be available in the next update.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:48 am »

Just started playing this today, and found a cool few things. After my Police Officer attempted to disarm a shotgun trap and got shot in the face (he survived, but his head only had 1hp, so I made him kill himself on the other traps). Then I started a Mechanic, and spawned in a house whose basement was full of guns. Right now he's hiding inside a boarded-up police station from the horde of zombies that started attacking when he tried to break into the evidence room (which turned out to be empty).

Do they eventually stop coming or should I make a break for a new safehouse?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:29 am »

could someone tell me the best character setup? my guys keep dying from giant insects (bees, ants and wasps), acid rain or being surrounded by zombies.

There is no 'best' setup, if there was something ought to be nerfed. Furthermore enemy variety is specifically designed to discourage a single approach. That being said the 'fleet-footed' and/or 'quick' talents are a godsend. Above all learn what weapons and tactics work for what enemies. I would not recommend going melee against wasps e.g.

KimeK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:21 am »

Now that I think of it, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to set it up so that zombies who "break into" a bank or something cause *friendly* robots to show up to exterminate the menace.  Though that would lead to banks becoming an uber-shelter, where any ingress of zombies is dealt with by machines rather than the player.

I like the hacking idea to dispatch robots.  This will be available in the next update.

Yeah, but the robots would exterminate ANY menace. So if they saw you hiding...

Hacking should need an extremely high computer skill imo.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3008 on: July 25, 2011, 11:08:34 am »

As part of the building update, we should be able to make our own alarm systems, maybe even turrets and such. Although sound would be dangerous. Maybe have the sensors activate a light, wake us up? Or even one of those shake-beds that deaf people use. Or maybe go to sleep with headphones on? Hmm.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 25, 2011, 11:10:00 am »

Err, it seems that every store i visit is now surrounded by rocks and glass. help?

EDIT: Here it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Help?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:14:27 am by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 25, 2011, 11:24:16 am »

I think that nights are too dark. Wouldn't it be better if for instance at clear night you would see 3-5 tiles far, on cloudy nights 2 and rainy night only 1 tile (as it is now)? But you would see only in a dark blue color to keep it dark.
Uh and it would be really immersive that in that turn a lightning strikes you would see like it was a day. ...and the other turn right after lightning you could shoot,smash stuff... without attracting zombies (masking the noise by thunder)

edit. and while im at it, mist during the day reducing visibility would be nice
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:59:03 am by kulik »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 25, 2011, 11:26:59 am »

Err, it seems that every store i visit is now surrounded by rocks and glass. help?

EDIT: Here it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Help?
Delete your save file and restart the game. If that dosen't work, re-download Cataclysm.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:41 am »

I think that nights are too dark. Wouldn't it be better if for instance at clear night you would see 3-5 tiles far, on cloudy nights 2 and rainy night only 1 tile (as it is now)? But you would see only in a dark blue color to keep it dark.
Uh and it would be really immersive that in that turn a lightning strikes you would see like it was a day. ...and the other turn right after lightning you could shoot,smash stuff... without attracting zombies (masking the noise by thunder)
This is interesting. I support this. Would also give weather more visible effects and the lightning idea would be an amusing tactical chance.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:06 am »

Hey, do you guys know how to post images? I have a crappy piece of fan art to post. Its in png format, is that the problem?

KimeK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:09 am »

Hey, do you guys know how to post images? I have a crappy piece of fan art to post. Its in png format, is that the problem?

http://imageshack.us/ or http://tinypic.com/
then copy the direct link and paste it!
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 777