Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263031 times)

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3150 on: July 26, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »

I think it would be awesome if zombies sought shelter during acid rain, and sort of just hung out there. So you're breaking into a house later, and you realize there's 10 zombies, 5 specials, and a brute, just chilling.

Ohgod.
"You spot a group of zombies playing backgammon and enjoying delightful classical pieces in their mp3 players while enjoying a coup of fine brandy."

Reminds me, do we have any extremely elitist liquor in the (vanilla) game?

Request: Monocles and top hats. Even if they don't do anything but add burden.
EDIT: Screw that. We need the whole gentleman setting.
EDIT2: And pimp attire would be nice while at it. Using your pimp cane to fend off the zombies.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:44:04 pm by DalGren »
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: July 26, 2011, 12:52:06 pm »

I think it would be awesome if zombies sought shelter during acid rain, and sort of just hung out there. So you're breaking into a house later, and you realize there's 10 zombies, 5 specials, and a brute, just chilling.

Ohgod.
"You spot a group of zombies playing backgammon and enjoying delightful classical pieces in their mp3 players while enjoying a coup of fine brandy."

Reminds me, do we have any extreme elitist liquor in the (vanilla) game?

EDIT2: And pimp attire would be nice while at it. Using your pimp cane to fend off the zombies.

hey bitches! *boom*

oh, I say! no need to be so rough you scragally peasant!
I seriously need to draw that one day.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: July 26, 2011, 12:53:26 pm »

Ohgod.

Reminds me, do we have any extreme elitist liquor in the (vanilla) game?

hey bitches! *boom*

oh, I say! no need to be so rough you scragally peasant!

Hey, it's a silly thing, but can add to challenge to dress in specific ways. Imagine the "Duke Nukem" challenge where all you wear is 90's-style t-shirt+jeans (and utility vest?), the "Transvestite" challenge where...yeah (this is easy for females though), the "Human Suit" challenge where you wear nothing at all (cue Flanders meme), the "Doctor Insano" challenge where you go with labcoat and rubber gloves and goggles (do we have goggles, Whales?), the "perverted old man in trenchcoat" challenge where...yeah I am going too far.
However it can be fun to dress up characters in specific ways. Just a few more things would do the trick, no need to add a massive array of things. But maybe (disclaimers: names not meant to be included, just orientative) "white tiger fur coat", "epic Neo shades", "necktie", "bowtie", maybe a fez, "white collar IT worker shirt", "top hat", "monocle", "turban", "goggles", "labcoat", "beer hat", "epic vest of elegance", and pimp and elegant attire and such...that'd do the trick combined with the available ones.

Labcoats are a must if they aren't in. Do scientist corpses have any labcoats? Never found any at least.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:55:38 pm by DalGren »
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »

Hey, it's a silly thing, but can add to challenge to dress in specific ways. Imagine the "Duke Nukem" challenge where all you wear is 90's-style t-shirt+jeans (and utility vest?), the "Transvestite" challenge where...yeah (this is easy for females though), the "Human Suit" challenge where you wear nothing at all (cue Flanders meme), the "Doctor Insano" challenge where you go with labcoat and rubber gloves and goggles (do we have goggles, Whales?), the "perverted old man in trenchcoat" challenge where...yeah I am going too far.
However it can be fun to dress up characters in specific ways. Just a few more things would do the trick, no need to add a massive array of things. But maybe (disclaimers: names not meant to be included, just orientative) "white tiger fur coat", "epic Neo shades", "necktie", "bowtie", maybe a fez, "white collar IT worker shirt", "top hat", "monocle", "turban", "goggles", "labcoat", "beer hat", "epic vest of elegance", and pimp and elegant attire and such...that'd do the trick combined with the available ones.

Labcoats are a must if they aren't in. Do scientist corpses have any labcoats? Never found any at least.
Goggles aren't in, but safety glasses are. They're pretty much the same thing.
And I think labcoats are in.

Well, if we ever get to design our own items in-game, I'm sure this will be awesome. Also, you forgot thongs. Everyone knows real survivors wear only thongs.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:41 pm »

Windows release 1.9.2

https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.9.2.zip

Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: July 26, 2011, 01:02:43 pm »

I just found weed in the middle of a highway among many bear and shotgun traps....

I love this game.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: July 26, 2011, 02:02:33 pm »

So, for some reason my terminal will randomly close and my game gets deleted. Any ideas why?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: July 26, 2011, 02:03:07 pm »

The game is unplayibly broken for me. Walls instead of trees, trees instead of doors. Glass walls instead of floors. Metal bars instead of walls. I don't know why this is happening either.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: July 26, 2011, 02:19:34 pm »

The game is unplayibly broken for me. Walls instead of trees, trees instead of doors. Glass walls instead of floors. Metal bars instead of walls. I don't know why this is happening either.
Did you do a CLEAN install? You need to ERASE the old files, not just overwrite them. Or just stick the game files in a different folder.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: July 26, 2011, 02:35:57 pm »

Huge muscular legs give lots of running speed.
And hulks are Tanks from L4D, so that should have gave you a hint :P
*Hugs*

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: July 26, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »

Yeah, but the tanks from L4D had puny legs, and used their huge arms to lift their selves up and lope across the battle field at insane speeds.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: July 26, 2011, 02:38:28 pm »

Did you do a CLEAN install? You need to ERASE the old files, not just overwrite them. Or just stick the game files in a different folder.
I did git pull, then make clean then make.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: July 26, 2011, 02:39:36 pm »

I did git pull, then make clean then make.

Delete your save folder.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:06 pm »

The tanks from L4D actually ran slower than humans in good health.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:29 pm »

This was intended to be the L4D rogue like when you concieved it, right whales? 
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 777