Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263591 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3450 on: July 28, 2011, 12:55:32 am »

Wait, what? Why would they bombard the base when someone's still alive? I'd imagine our policy of "Leave no man behind" would have them send a rescue team first, then bomb the base. At least, I think.
Most of humanity is dead, a base is crawling with zombies, they'd lose more men trying to rescue those guys then what they would actually save.
Not if they use a helicopter. I doubt they would get close enough for zombies to take down the helicopter when zombies are around. They would make a quick flyby, and if someone's left alive, they start hovering in a safe spot until that person makes it or dies.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 28, 2011, 12:59:11 am »

Yep, but that would have to depend on if the zombies could even burst into the military base since I am going to quess they would have alot of fire power, atleast a lot more than the zombies could handle without some sort of leader (Doesn't exist they are undead)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 28, 2011, 01:04:01 am »

When I think of this I assume the base is like the only one I've seen, which for security was a checkpoint at the road leading in with some fence, that was about it apart from the military personnel everywhere. Unless it was some kind of fortress then breaking in wouldn't be hard.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: July 28, 2011, 01:07:41 am »

Well, you'd imagine they'd have improved the defenses if they knew zombies were coming/if they've been there for a while. So it could be a whole lot more protective than that.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: July 28, 2011, 01:08:03 am »

When I think of this I assume the base is like the only one I've seen, which for security was a checkpoint at the road leading in with some fence, that was about it apart from the military personnel everywhere. Unless it was some kind of fortress then breaking in wouldn't be hard.
Yep its just the number of people,a dn each of them having guns would overpower the zombies real quick unless of course some of the zombies were super fast (Hunters? Are there any in the game?), or came out of the ground (Burrowers?) which would make the game that much harder to survive in.

Suggestion -
I think it would be a really good idea to implement some sort of town building aspect liek the characters could build houses, and huts, and walls, adn then convince NPCs to move in. Of course this would require a building sytem, a farming system, and NPCs to be put into the game which would be alot of work, but I think it would be really fun, so please think about putting them in.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:16 am »

Well, spitters exist do they not? They wouldn't be a battle-changer unless a thousand appeared out of nowhere but they would definitely take a few soldiers with them if they were mixed in with the normal zombies. Too many attacks like that would leave the soldiers low on manpower to hold the barricades.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: July 28, 2011, 01:12:34 am »

Yep its just the number of people,a dn each of them having guns would overpower the zombies real quick unless of course some of the zombies were super fast (Hunters? Are there any in the game?),
Either Brutes or Hulks are the effective "Hunter"s. Can't remember, though.

or came out of the ground (Burrowers?)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, spitters exist do they not? They wouldn't be a battle-changer unless a thousand appeared out of nowhere but they would definitely take a few soldiers with them if they were mixed in with the normal zombies. Too many attacks like that would leave the soldiers low on manpower to hold the barricades.
If that happened, they would likely evacuate unless there is a damn good reason not to.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: July 28, 2011, 01:16:12 am »

IIRC, someone complained about a hulk that ran faster than he did. Those might be as close to hunters as we'll get.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: July 28, 2011, 01:18:38 am »

Yeah... with the last vanilla version I played (I haven't played extremely recently, but it was decently recent) even with Quick and Fleet Footed, it went freaking slightly faster than me.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 28, 2011, 01:19:30 am »

IIRC, someone complained about a hulk that ran faster than he did. Those might be as close to hunters as we'll get.
Aww I really wanted an enemy that could outmanuver you, and end up five tiles infront of you after yo have walked three, so that you had to fight it, or throw enough obstacles infront of it to get away.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3460 on: July 28, 2011, 01:21:57 am »

Hm, necromancers actually would hold a powerful offense on a military base, especially since they can just raise undead on everything the moment it get's shot down.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: July 28, 2011, 01:25:17 am »

Until a sniper or any rifleman one-shots it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 28, 2011, 01:28:29 am »

Then Multiple Necromancers

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 28, 2011, 01:29:48 am »

And then melts due to the spitter he didn't kill.
Or is fried extra crispy due to the shocker.
Or is torn limb from limb by the hulk that just beat the wall down.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: July 28, 2011, 01:31:40 am »

Then Multiple Necromancers
Multiple riflemen.

And then melts due to the spitter he didn't kill.
Or is fried extra crispy due to the shocker.
Shoot them first, then. Also, from my experience they aren't that dangerous if they can move to the side after they fire.

Or is torn limb from limb by the hulk that just beat the wall down.
That's what the other many military personnel in base are for.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 777