Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263391 times)

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3570 on: July 28, 2011, 08:13:00 pm »

Those two weapons are the only ones I use and it works magnificently. Need to go find some salt to make some jerky now. Also, I don't know about curing meats and all that, but do you need to use a hot plate to make jerky? Not sure how salting meats and all that actually work. But I suppose that wont be much of a problem if fires can be used to cook.

I suggest fireplaces in houses if that gets implemented!

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: July 28, 2011, 08:13:32 pm »

Well, I think this is my biggest (most written) suggestion yet.
So, grab a coffee, it's reading time!

The Fungal Biomass

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: July 28, 2011, 08:17:18 pm »

Heh, good times ;D
A faction like that would be fun to destroy. You would have a reason to destroy buildings :D

So, things like that, are they going to be implemented? (answerer would be Whales  ::) )

Yes.  There's factions that want to spread the fungaloid disease, factions that want to bring the destruction of the earth, and more.  See the second half of facdata.h
Oh man! These are awesome. There are even "Ninja" type of factions, goals like "financial wealth" and other stuff. Really looking forward to it. Even if these features like, 40 releases ahead of us.

EDIT: By the way, I really like the idea of FunctionZero
Meet The Team - Multiple Player Characters
Yeah, another suggestion. :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:19:02 pm by Leatra »

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18:01 pm »

Well, I think this is my biggest (most written) suggestion yet.
So, grab a coffee, it's reading time!

The Fungal Biomass

You should have one thread labelled "Function Zero's Suggestions" :p
It sounds neat, but would be hell later. I've had the luxury to never encounter anything like that, and I hope it stays that way xD
Which reminds me, I once woke up because a Triffid Queen molested the side of the Liquor Store with whatever it does :S

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:44 pm »

Everyone pay attention to FunctionZero's suggestions! Because, at least in my opinion, they are the best ones ;D

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: July 28, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »

He he, thanks guys.

It's kinda fun to suggest thing. I get an idea, like now, when Whales mentioned fungal factions. Then I thought a bit how would they work, what would they do, and soon I had an entire post on Fungus.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: July 28, 2011, 08:32:31 pm »

Yes, I don't have a well-defined devteam (as I've said elsewhere, everyone who plays the game and reports bugs, offers minor suggestions, or complains about something is a part of the "devteam"), but if I did Function Zero would definitely be a part of it.  Definitely a "suggestion think tank" as your Cataclysm forum profile says! :D
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:31 pm »

... I just got a idea that might have been overlooked quite a lot actually. Does anyone here actually like rain? I do. What about a trait that makes it so that rain doesn't affect your morale? Maybe even increase it, but I'm not sure about that. Just a thought :3

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:03 pm »

... I just got a idea that might have been overlooked quite a lot actually. Does anyone here actually like rain? I do. What about a trait that makes it so that rain doesn't affect your morale? Maybe even increase it, but I'm not sure about that. Just a thought :3
Not overlooked at all. Gets discussed a lot, actually. And even the trait was suggested once or twice :P.
Join the club, I guess.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:04 pm »

Well, I have that trait in my real life. I really love it. I actually like water. I don't even use a towel after I swim at the sea. While my friends switch their swimsuits/bikinis/swim trunks because they don't like staying wet, I just wear my t-shirt and go home, leaving a trail of water.

I hope nobody will make jokes about getting wet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 28, 2011, 08:52:06 pm »

Mod it in yourself, I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd want to include it. And when we get the eventual compilation packs, that's the sort of thing they'll be looking for. ^_^

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: July 28, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »

Mod it in yourself, I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd want to include it. And when we get the eventual compilation packs, that's the sort of thing they'll be looking for. ^_^
Well, I just don't want to run 10 mods in a game. If I use a mod, I usually use a huge mod that changes lots of things in moddable games. This isn't a game made by Bethesda you know :D

Also rain REALLY effects your morale. I mean, you are in a world of danger where you might die any moment. Why make such a big fuss about the weather?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:06:05 pm by Leatra »

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 28, 2011, 09:09:22 pm »

Oh. Well my pardons :p

I'd mod it in if I knew how. I don't have any experience in that kind of stuff.

Edit: It was just an idear as It's thunder storming in my game at the moment, plus there's over 200 pages here :p

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: July 28, 2011, 09:09:30 pm »

The rain only makes you sad, i didn't noticed rain to have any impact on your actions.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: July 28, 2011, 09:18:13 pm »

Well, I just don't want to run 10 mods in a game. If I use a mod, I usually use a huge mod that changes lots of things in moddable games. This isn't a game made by Bethesda you know :D

Well, when I compile in mods, it'll be a "best of" thing, picking my favorite parts from my favorite mods.  A "Likes The Rain" trait seems a bit too limited in scope to me; maybe a "Wild Child" perk that gives morale bonuses from rain, removes the penalty for running barefoot, and more.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 777