Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263029 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3631 on: July 29, 2011, 09:46:14 am »

Help please i always wander in the forest and something like a giant worm kills me, how do i find other cities and where can i sleep? How do i make a safehouse please can i have tips, also should i stop trying to find other cities?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: July 29, 2011, 09:48:22 am »

Perhaps add a new item 'holy water' just for flavor, would naturally be not much different from ordinary water perhaps boost morale a bit more, somehow idk. Main thing is to make sure all those new building have some loot and/or a reason to visit beyond sightseeing.

This. And I want to be able to coat me weapons with it, or throw it at things!
(It doesn't actually DO anything, of course!)

The wine is a pretty good idea too, but I was under the impression the churches would mostly be nice for all that big strong furniture!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: July 29, 2011, 09:48:47 am »

Basements are your friend. Also, the halls between the sewer and subway.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: July 29, 2011, 09:51:52 am »

Help please i always wander in the forest and something like a giant worm kills me, how do i find other cities and where can i sleep? How do i make a safehouse please can i have tips, also should i stop trying to find other cities?
Follow the roads. All cities are connected with roads.

Also, find a house at the city border. (Or if you manage to get an ID card, find a lab, those make awesome safehouses.)

After that, get a shovel and dig a trench around the house, leaving one tile open at the door.
Barricade the windows with the hammer, stock it with guns. Make sure all guns are loaded.

Then, if there's a massive attack, grab as many guns as you can hold and shoot them off. Don't bother with reloading, just drop the gun and use a different one once it's empty.

After that, you're pretty much set. Raid ant nests for eggs, they make great food supply.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: July 29, 2011, 09:56:49 am »

Woah thank you so much for those tips  :D tho i got unlucky and giant wasps were in the city and killed me when i was starting out

Edit: What's a good place to find a backpack? Also when i start a new character i pick near-sighted then parkour expert, is this good for starting out?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:02:49 am by toupz »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: July 29, 2011, 10:04:58 am »

Edit: What's a good place to find a backpack? Also when i start a new character i pick near-sighted then parkour expert, is this good for starting out?
Clothing stores. Sport stores perhaps.
Also, no, not really. Get some more points and get fleet footed. That's much better. Try taking schizophrenia. It's a fun disadvantage, if you can handle the hallucinations.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: July 29, 2011, 10:06:19 am »

XE037: Enter The Virus, yet another suggestion by yours truly.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: July 29, 2011, 10:29:27 am »

Is it normal the game is unfair for new characters? I wander in the city and an army of wolves pwn me

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:27 am »

Is it normal the game is unfair for new characters? I wander in the city and an army of wolves pwn me
That's wierd, wolves shouldn't even be in cities.

Grab a shotgun from an nearby gun store. It should murder anything close enough.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: July 29, 2011, 10:35:17 am »

If you're out in the open, you're going to die. Stick to the shadows.

Wolves would definitely enter a town if its abandoned, especially so in-game if you walked through fields and they followed you.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: July 29, 2011, 10:38:49 am »

Okay thanks guys =) so i began digging pits around a house in a field and i mistakenly diggedd one in front of the door, how do i fill it back with earth? Also the door is locked so how am i supposed to make the place a safehouse if the door doesn't work? Should i just smash a window?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:07 am »

Okay thanks guys =) so i began digging pits around a house in a field and i mistakenly diggedd one in front of the door, how do i fill it back with earth? Also the door is locked so how am i supposed to make the place a safehouse if the door doesn't work? Should i just smash a window?
Yeah, you can smash a window. You can then open and unlock the door from the inside.

And you can't fill it back in. You could have a window as your alternate entrance, just make sure you wear gloves or you'll get cut.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:35 am »

Hmm. I cant even seem to find a shovel.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: July 29, 2011, 10:43:03 am »

They're quite rare
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 777