Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260317 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4095 on: August 01, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

Add shift+h command to put gun in holster it would be cool to draw a gun cop-style!!!!!! pleaase

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: August 01, 2011, 04:05:37 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply! 

I wasn't aware of the lighting situation- wish I could contribute in some way.

Two quick questions- again, if these have been addressed, my apologies. I just don't have time to go through 270 pages of replies. :)  The EXP system- you..I mean, as you gain EXP, it allows your skills to train? I'm not really sure how it all works still. I need someone to explain it to me like I'm 5. Also, with recoil- is a higher number better, or do you want a lower number?
If you have XP in your pool and practice a skill then you increase in that skill.
And recoil, lower is better AFAIK.
*Hugs*

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: August 01, 2011, 04:05:54 pm »

Add shift+h command to put gun in holster it would be cool to draw a gun cop-style!!!!!! pleaase

And control+tab+shift+F1+F to fire gangsta style!
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: August 01, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »

If you implement FZ's wearable weapons idea that could fit in.
Have a holster providing no volume bonus but be able to store handguns and hammers in them.
*Hugs*

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: August 01, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »

Two quick questions- again, if these have been addressed, my apologies. I just don't have time to go through 270 pages of replies. :)  The EXP system- you..I mean, as you gain EXP, it allows your skills to train? I'm not really sure how it all works still. I need someone to explain it to me like I'm 5. Also, with recoil- is a higher number better, or do you want a lower number?

Hello, you can gain exp by keeping your morale high and passing time. If your morale is 0/neutral, you will not gain any exp. To view your morale stat press shift+5. Due to the situation being a depressing apocalypse, taking drugs, listening to music, reading playboy, drinking nice juice, or anything FUN will give you a morale bonus. Let's say that your exp is now 100, if you cut zombies with a knife you will automatically train cutting+melee skills, reducing your exp and putting it into those skills, so you might raise those skills. If you have no exp, any skill you use will not raise at all

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: August 01, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »

Hello, you can gain exp by keeping your morale high and passing time. If your morale is 0/neutral, you will not gain any exp. To view your morale stat press shift+5. Due to the situation being a depressing apocalypse, taking drugs, listening to music, reading playboy, drinking nice juice, or anything FUN will give you a morale bonus. Let's say that your exp is now 100, if you cut zombies with a knife you will automatically train cutting+melee skills, reducing your exp and putting it into those skills, so you might raise those skills. If you have no exp, any skill you use will not raise at all

Not true. You can gain XP with 0 moral, but it's only like 1 every three clicks.

BoxMacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: August 01, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »

Okay, so EXP is consumed to level up skills when they are used/practiced appropriately?

If I had 0 EXP and stabbed at a zombie, would the skills not increase, despite the fact I'm using them?

(Sorry about the million questions, I just want to make this crystal clear to myself)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: August 01, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »

Nope, you need EXP to skill up.
*Hugs*

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: August 01, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »

Okay, so EXP is consumed to level up skills when they are used/practiced appropriately?

If I had 0 EXP and stabbed at a zombie, would the skills not increase, despite the fact I'm using them?

(Sorry about the million questions, I just want to make this crystal clear to myself)

Nope, they would not increase in that case.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

BoxMacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: August 01, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »

Perfect.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that- makes sense now!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: August 01, 2011, 04:39:56 pm »

OMG NOOOO i lost a good char cause i tried walking through a landmines field aaaaaaaah i didn'T know yellow # were mines xD

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: August 01, 2011, 04:46:42 pm »

OMG NOOOO i lost a good char cause i tried walking through a landmines field aaaaaaaah i didn'T know yellow # were mines xD

press x to look around :P

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »

Any tiles for this? Or just different fonts, the default (for windows) is kinda...bleh.. (DF uses the same one, so I can understand it, but I play DF with tiles because it's pretty and nobody ever asks what I'm doing).

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: August 01, 2011, 05:27:05 pm »

Any tiles for this? Or just different fonts, the default (for windows) is kinda...bleh.. (DF uses the same one, so I can understand it, but I play DF with tiles because it's pretty and nobody ever asks what I'm doing).
Tileset Mod - Deon's still working on tileset, I guess it should be easy to replace the font in it.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: August 01, 2011, 05:31:27 pm »

While I do agree that wearing numerous items to exploit should be heavily discouraged, having a couple of fanny packs and a few holsters seems fair and is very much a part of my gamestyle I would not like to part with.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 777