Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263457 times)

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #8820 on: January 24, 2012, 12:57:10 pm »

Autosave's been back on for the past couple of versions; the game should autosave every half-hour (in-game time).
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: January 24, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »

By the way, if anyone is interested, I was interviewed about Cataclysm on Roguelike Radio, an excellent podcast about roguelikes.  Listen at http://roguelikeradio.blogspot.com/2012/01/episode-20-cataclysm.html

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: January 24, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »

Nice!
Teseng just dug up a new catacurse.cpp and .h, you might want to update, it'll make all of the windows users happy.
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: January 25, 2012, 06:01:29 am »

Autosave's been back on for the past couple of versions; the game should autosave every half-hour (in-game time).
Cool!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: January 25, 2012, 12:08:01 pm »

Well fudgemuffin.  I got Cataclysm working on the in shop ubuntu laptop to play with during downtime, but the ubuntu system is an ancient IBM Thinkpad (Yes, IBM not Lenovo, it's THAT old.) and it doesn't have a numpad.  Curses!

Anybody know how to remap keys in Ubuntu 11.10 or is that just not possible.   I saw on the cata forums it's not possible ingame, but anybody with more ubuntu experience know of a way outside it?

P.S. I suppose I can hook up one of the shop keyboards to a USB adaptor and use that,  But I'm surprised my boss lets me have something like this on a system at all, I'd rather not have to tie up extra equipment if possible.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:14:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: January 25, 2012, 12:24:56 pm »

Anybody know how to remap keys in Ubuntu 11.10 or is that just not possible.   I saw on the cata forums it's not possible ingame, but anybody with more ubuntu experience know of a way outside it?

You can remap keyboard keys (as all the various keyboard types are just keymaps anyway) however it might be easier in this case to just modify keypress.cpp and recompile. Key press converts the numberpad to the vi keys (which is what cataclysm really uses) and so you can change it to map the whatever you prefer to those keys instead.

Just change where it says case '#'; return 'x'; to whatever you need (where # is a number and x is the vi key);

Alternatively you can play with the vi keys although they will seem strange.

y  k  u

h  .   l

b  j   n

Arrow keys also work for up/down/left/right (or k/j/h/l if you prefer)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: January 25, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

Huh, well that's a bizzare set of keys for movement heh.  That explains why I had managed to find 'down' but couldn't find 'Up' (I found up left and up right, just not up :) )

Anyway, I'll mess around a bit with changing those keys.  I see why folks earlier were saying that cataclysm is so much easier to mod in linux.  Who needs fancy compilers, strange rituals and obscure dependencies to compile when in linux all you need is terminal and a text editor.

P.S. Thanks much.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:37:34 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: January 25, 2012, 12:38:20 pm »

I really recommend taking the time to learn vikeys.  I know they seem strange, but once you start using them you'll find them really reasy, and it keeps your hand in a comfortable position.  Plus, if you're on linux you ought to know them, cause they're used all over the place ;)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:21 pm »

Careful Whales, you already have a born and raised Windows user trying out something non windows, one step at a time ;)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:23 pm »

I really recommend taking the time to learn vikeys.  I know they seem strange, but once you start using them you'll find them really reasy, and it keeps your hand in a comfortable position.  Plus, if you're on linux you ought to know them, cause they're used all over the place ;)

My mother would rock at this game then!

Atleast at moving..

You need a minigame in Cataclysm, "ZOMG ZOMG REVOLUTION" where you have to use VI keys to dance to a weird game, unless shit comes for ya.

Also, your voice reminds me of microsoft sam for some reason :P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:09 am »

Well......I can survive zombies.......I can get away from the hoards for them......I can fuck survival from complely damage to most for my body and heal my self complety......but one GODDAM BEE CAN KILL ME and i can not do shit to it!

AKA my first real try at this and i will keep play, I just love this sout for game, Keep up the good work Whales.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: January 26, 2012, 07:19:37 am »

Now he knows about them he'll see them everywhere anyway :) DF uses them for some stuff if I recall right.
Personally I never got used to them, my brain rejects the concept of up and down on the same line as left and right....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: January 26, 2012, 10:54:12 am »

Well......I can survive zombies.......I can get away from the hoards for them......I can fuck survival from complely damage to most for my body and heal my self complety......but one GODDAM BEE CAN KILL ME and i can not do shit to it!

AKA my first real try at this and i will keep play, I just love this sout for game, Keep up the good work Whales.

At least you don't have to deal with the Windows bug where hundreds of giant bees or wasps randomly appear and swarm you.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8833 on: January 26, 2012, 10:56:41 am »

At least you don't have to deal with the Windows bug where hundreds of giant bees or wasps randomly appear and swarm you.  :P
:o

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #8834 on: January 26, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »

That wasn't just windows, I had that too.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 777