Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260315 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10440 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:51 pm »

What a waste. Mutate Insect pheromones, web walker, web weaver and chitinous skin/armor, and you could have chilled with those spiders and hung out like bros.

spydirs4lyfe

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: July 13, 2012, 11:05:12 pm »

Donno if this is an old bug or not, but you know the little letter it gives you for convenience when you pick something up?  That appears to be a bit off, because I haven't gotten that giving me the correct letter yet.

Other than that, I set up shop in a cave.  Molotov'd a nearby bunch of webs and got owned by a trapdoor spider when I was going in to introduce my neighbors to my SKS before they introduced me to their fangs in the middle of the night or something.  My first experience with spiders.  Interesting.

Yeah, an old bug, I'll be attempting to address it sometime in the near future.

I fixed a couple bugs in the most recent update, and re-upped.  Please re-download from the same links.  Your saves from that update will still be compatible.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: July 13, 2012, 11:06:03 pm »

What a waste. Mutate Insect pheromones, web walker, web weaver and chitinous skin/armor, and you could have chilled with those spiders and hung out like bros.

spydirs4lyfe
It's too bad that I hate (am scared of) spiders. But they, oddly enough, also interest me... I am super weird.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:59 am »

spydirs4lyfe
It's too bad that I hate (am scared of) spiders. But they, oddly enough, also interest me... I am super weird.

I have a buddy that hesitates to play this game because it has ASCII spiders....

I don't get it either.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: July 14, 2012, 02:27:31 am »

What the fuck? Being afraid of those buggers? Id love a real life giant version of them! Like cow sized!

Love those little fuckers! They are so awesome! They spin web, one of natures strongest materials! And they can make all sorts of things with that web!
And what about the fact that having one giant of those motherfuckers outside your window, will pretty much eradicate any insect life in and around your house?
And wich other animal's female is so god damn sexy that the male willingly participates in BSDM, genitial mutilation and cannibalism fetish?

Holy shit.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Cane1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: July 14, 2012, 02:37:48 am »

I love lizards. when can we expect giant irradiated lizards :)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #10446 on: July 14, 2012, 08:32:10 am »

Posted a windows executable for Shades' lighting mod at the usual place
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: July 14, 2012, 09:16:16 am »

I have a buddy that hesitates to play this game because it has ASCII spiders....
Spiders in video games I'm fine with. Spiders IRL, on the other hand...

Although, one time when I was watching a Minecraft video on YouTube, a spider fell down from seemingly nowhere and I literally jumped about 2 feet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: July 14, 2012, 09:28:26 am »

Is it just me having a lot of bad luck or did Whales up the difficulty with these latest versions? I get more special zombies than just common kinds.
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: July 14, 2012, 11:04:22 am »

spydirs4lyfe

I don't get it either.

I have a buddy that hesitates to play this game because it has ASCII graphics.

*facepalm*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: July 14, 2012, 12:00:52 pm »

Spiders in video games I'm fine with. Spiders IRL, on the other hand...

Although, one time when I was watching a Minecraft video on YouTube, a spider fell down from seemingly nowhere and I literally jumped about 2 feet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a buddy that hesitates to play this game because it has ASCII graphics.

*facepalm*
To be fair, my little sister once though DF was Dominoes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10451 on: July 14, 2012, 12:14:35 pm »

There's a "Strange Temple" within the starting zone in my new game. I've never seen one of those before, even after exploring tons of map tiles. Now one's plopped near my spawn point.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: July 14, 2012, 12:48:09 pm »

I should add a crafting use for webs, and a method of harvesting them.  Then we can keep spiders as pets, yay!

Is it just me having a lot of bad luck or did Whales up the difficulty with these latest versions? I get more special zombies than just common kinds.

It's just bad luck.  Every release, someone says "wow Whales made the game a lot harder!" and most times, I haven't touched that part of the code at all :)
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: July 14, 2012, 12:49:09 pm »

There's a "Strange Temple" within the starting zone in my new game. I've never seen one of those before, even after exploring tons of map tiles. Now one's plopped near my spawn point.

Its a very !!fun!! place.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: July 14, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »

I should add a crafting use for webs, and a method of harvesting them.  Then we can keep spiders as pets, yay!

It's just bad luck.  Every release, someone says "wow Whales made the game a lot harder!" and most times, I haven't touched that part of the code at all :)
You should tie the monster spawning to the version number counter. Higher versions = more spawning.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 777