Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260304 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11010 on: July 31, 2012, 10:26:10 pm »

I use Windows 7. How do I install mods?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: July 31, 2012, 10:49:54 pm »

It seems that if an item you pick up is the same as the last item you picked up if it is not in your inventory it gives it the same letter as the last one, no matter what letter the pickup system seems to be on.

I pick up a bottle of water '=' it to a and all the rest of the water bottles I pick up also become a when I pick them up.  Not sure exactly how it works but it seems it keeps track of the inventory letter that item last had in your inventory, and if available it gives it that letter.

Works well enough for the autohotkey to purify a stack of 24 bottles of water and set them in another tile one by one by itself once I put the delays in.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:57 pm »

I use Windows 7. How do I install mods?

All mods are integrated into the cataclysm.exe. You have to either compile it yourself or get a modder to do it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:11 am »

So I have my first Cataclysm character to survive for more than a day.  He's lasted several days, actually, and built up some decent combat skills.  I've held my own through a few hairy situations with my baseball bat and SKS.  I'm quite pleased.  However, this has involved copious amounts of drugs, including a couple doses of meth.  I haven't taken any drugs today, and no drug effects are listed... but somehow my character is still tripping out.  My mother keeps following me around, and I didn't notice at first how depressing it is to bash her face in.  I got sick of being chased around the city, so now I'm wandering around in the trippy wilderness getting hungry and thirsty.  I found a bunch of dead people loaded up with heroin and energy drinks, but nothing else useful.  I don't really know where this is going.

Maybe it's the mushrooms... did I eat those today?  I thought it was yesterday...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: August 01, 2012, 03:36:29 am »

Hmm, i noticed that too, mushroom effects last very long.
When i ate some i ended up randomly running in one direction for a long period of time, trying to escape the horror that is fungaloid zombies.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: August 01, 2012, 03:38:19 am »

I got a great spawn, gunshops RIGHT next to me. Sportsshop next to them, and the gunshops had all the guns and right ammo to go with them.

What happens? Go rambo on a zombie horde and come out untouched. Then get eaten by a wolf pack. Wolves are scary...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: August 01, 2012, 03:40:24 am »

I never really had a problem with wolves. They attack in "turns", so when they come next to you you can just bash them with your weapon of choice, for me a broadsword/machete.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: August 01, 2012, 03:41:56 am »

The thing that wolves always seem to kill me, blind me.

Everything is content with bashing me, but wolves ALWAYS claw my eyes out.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: August 01, 2012, 03:49:20 am »

When i ate some i ended up randomly running in one direction for a long period of time, trying to escape the horror that is fungaloid zombies.
The first time I ate mushroom was also the first time I made it to night. While I was running away from fungaloid zombies, I thought the mushroom had blinded me. My vision was shrinking as I kept running.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: August 01, 2012, 07:22:45 am »

The first time I ate mushroom was also the first time I made it to night. While I was running away from fungaloid zombies, I thought the mushroom had blinded me. My vision was shrinking as I kept running.

Ahhahahaha....Could of been worse. The mushroom could of actually been the bad one.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: August 01, 2012, 08:30:48 am »

I never really had a problem with wolves. They attack in "turns", so when they come next to you you can just bash them with your weapon of choice, for me a broadsword/machete.
I just shoot the bastards.

The thing that wolves always seem to kill me, blind me.

Everything is content with bashing me, but wolves ALWAYS claw my eyes out.
Safety glasses are a good idea if you don't mind the reduced to-hit chance with firearms. They (or any other eyewear) will keep you from getting blinded if you're hit in the eyes.

If you kill one of the pack, the rest seem to leave you alone.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: August 01, 2012, 08:33:31 am »

.22 weaponry is great at skills higher than 4. They are nearly silent (plink!) and just as deadly as other weapons.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: August 01, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »

Safety glasses are a good idea if you don't mind the reduced to-hit chance with firearms. They (or any other eyewear) will keep you from getting blinded if you're hit in the eyes.
The actual item "safety glasses" has no encumbrance on your eyes, so there's no reason not to wear them (unless you're near-sighted).

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: August 01, 2012, 02:42:13 pm »

The actual item "safety glasses" has no encumbrance on your eyes, so there's no reason not to wear them (unless you're near-sighted).
You can wear glasses and safety glasses a the same time without encumberance.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: August 01, 2012, 04:57:49 pm »

Not sure about the no encumbrance bit there. 

I play near sighted almost always and I tend to wear safety glasses as well to help protect my glasses. I'm currently running around with 2 eye encumbrance.  Only other things I have on my head is an army helmet and a filter mask, neither of which mention covering eyes.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 777