Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1449810 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12450 on: February 12, 2016, 08:51:10 am »

they released all previous version download links!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/131906-the-earliest-versions-of-kerbal-space-program/#comment-2404567

I've never played 7.3, having started at 8.x

sadly old forum content is hard to come by, but there were some really good mod back then

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12451 on: February 22, 2016, 06:12:56 pm »

"I'll make this maneuver to Minmus and get this craft going. Mun, get out of my way and stop slowing the craft down. I need to pass some time faster than 50x to get a better burn... I know. Let's check on that rover by Kerbal Command. I'll just advance time a bit to get some daylight because the solar panels need to charge the batteries. Then I can do stuff. That's enough time. Why aren't the batteries charging? Status Blocked by Mun. EFFFFFFFFFFF U"

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: February 22, 2016, 06:46:40 pm »

I like to hop on occasionally, build ludicrous aircraft, and crash my kerbals at high velocity.

Also the EVE orbital
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: February 22, 2016, 09:15:05 pm »

Fly craft from tracking station and then black screen. Thanks, Kraken. You ate two of my Duna missions and all the money put into them.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: February 24, 2016, 01:59:06 pm »

I finally made an SSTO which can fly itself to other places beyond orbit unassisted. It has an ore converter and drills so it can fly straight to Minmus, mine up some more fuel there, and then use it to fly all the way to other planets, stopping on moons if it needs to refuel.

If I am finally able to send a spaceplane to Laythe I will be so happy.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: February 26, 2016, 07:29:42 pm »

I started a new RP-0 game, using the Chinese space centres. Right now it's the beginning of 1958 and Billy-Bobfred has become the first kerbal in orbit, missing the launch of Sputnik but narrowly beating Explorer 1. Of course, my first satellite was launched years ago, on top of a rocket that was basically two V2s strapped together.

However, Billy was not the first Kerbal in space. That honour goes jointly to Jeb and Val, who first flew an X-Plane past the Karman line.

Unfortunately, they also became the first casualties of the space program when their plane tipped over during landing, clipping the wing and sending it into a deadly tumble.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.1 is in experimentals. This is the Unity 5 migration. Steam will also get a pre-release.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're doing their 1.1 24hr marathon pre-release thing. Streamers all day.

https://www.twitch.tv/ksptv

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's looking good, can't wait until mods get updated and I can load all of them at once.

Good time to wrap up my RP-0 career too. I just got a manned landing on the Moon with robotic landers heading to Titan and Europa. I think to finish it off I'll try to install Principia and probably set my computer on fire.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Any minute now...

I'm actually much more enthused about this update than the previous one. Especially since having a much higher mod ceiling, and the fixed UI. Some of my most long-standing issues with KSP are the wiggly apoapsis markers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Also, having two orbital trajectories rapidly switching back and forth.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Why does Kerbal only ever update when I'm in the middle of a campaign? Its like the devs just HATE the idea I might actually get somewhere :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.1 Opt-in Beta on steam is available.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aside from some UI and Unity 5 there isn't a whole lot different so you can afford to wait for mods to update.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Went out for a sandbox test flight to the Mün and back. Apart from some horrible LoD issues when approaching Kerbin and some camera shenanigans during reentry, everything went great.
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 848