Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448518 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1905 on: September 18, 2012, 03:48:44 am »

sas is nice as it can keep your lander straight even without burning the oh so precious rcs fuel

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1906 on: September 18, 2012, 04:08:19 am »

There are 2 differing levels of SAS. what is provided by the pods and the smaller SAS just provides force, whereas you need ASAS to actually lock the rocket's heading. It will then use the SAS force to control the ship (if possible) and RCS (if enabled). Basically, you only need one ASAS on a ship, its best to put it as high up as practical, and for big rockets more SAS modules will help with the SAS control.
Magma is overrated.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:31 am »

Has anybody found out how to select the order in which you use RCS fuel?
On my ships the game uses the fuel in the lander first, then uses the fuel lower on the rocket, leaving the lander without any rcs fuel.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:43 am »

You can right click on fuel tanks to disable fuel from them

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 18, 2012, 04:34:57 am »

You can right click on fuel tanks to disable fuel from them
uhm... nope...
you can't right click RCS fuel tanks.(well you can, but it doesn't do anything)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 18, 2012, 05:00:01 am »

So... eh... That landing thing? What's that?
Love, scriver~

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 18, 2012, 05:05:14 am »

So has anyone actualy managed to get a plane into orbit? I've never once seen it done in a LP, and I've never managed to pull it off myself. Apparantly too much thrust is a bad thing.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:03 am »

So has anyone actualy managed to get a plane into orbit? I've never once seen it done in a LP, and I've never managed to pull it off myself. Apparantly too much thrust is a bad thing.

changing topic...

Spoiler: staged configuration (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: separation confirmed (click to show/hide)

Now, who'll be the first one to land on the moon and come back with a plane? I'd suggest using a massive plane, carrying a rocket (for interplanetary stuff), itself carryin a smaller plane/glider (for landing).

It is done  ;D

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 18, 2012, 12:00:31 pm »

Just to be clear, Nuclear-thermal engines on spacecraft doesn't refer to a fission reaction,
but rather some radioactive matter decaying in a water tank, running a turbine, running an ion engine.
It's what we use on deep space probes, that gets too far from the sun to run on solar panels, like the voyager missions.
!! Science !!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:56 pm »

I tought it was just throwing nukes behind you to propel yourself.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09:43 pm »

That's nuclear pulse.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 18, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »

Oh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 18, 2012, 12:23:13 pm »

It's what we use on deep space probes

we use thermocouples, which are totally more awesome than water reactors

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 18, 2012, 12:35:51 pm »

How they work: make one side hotter than the other, get electricity.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 848