Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448685 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1965 on: September 19, 2012, 04:29:25 pm »

seriously WTF?

the osx patcher cointains a folder with an exe, a command which is really a shell script that doesn't work and a binary blob.

c'mon, not even a readme?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1966 on: September 19, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

I've connected to the patch server :D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 19, 2012, 05:20:21 pm »

Took me dozens of tries, but I finally got the patcher to complete a download. It's just been acting all kinds of messed up but hopefully this time it's actually "applying the patch" like it says it is.

Edit: Apparently worked!

EditEdit:Yay! Orbit on first try with a very happy Jeb.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ike and Gilly in the background. Two new places to go!. Apparently they're moons of Duna and Eve. Mars and Venus semi-analogues.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:42:38 pm by sluissa »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 19, 2012, 08:45:31 pm »

After about 2500 days in orbit around the sun, my craft landed on Eve. It's very favorable to go to; it has an extremely thick atmos which slowed me from ~4km/s to around 80m/s, so landing requires minimal thrust. It seems to have oceans of some sort; one of which I splashed down in. They are pretty much transparent and almost impossible to see aside from the specular reflection of sunlight, so be sure to look out for that, or you, like me, may end up unintentionally splashing down instead of landing.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 19, 2012, 09:05:09 pm »

After about 2500 days in orbit around the sun, my craft landed on Eve. It's very favorable to go to; it has an extremely thick atmos which slowed me from ~4km/s to around 80m/s, so landing requires minimal thrust.

Favorable to go to if you're not planning to return, perhaps. That same atmosphere that helps you on the way down is going to be a bitch to get out of.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 19, 2012, 09:23:33 pm »

Seems like it would be ideal for spaceplanes. (which got improved in 0.17)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 19, 2012, 10:01:45 pm »

I JUST got a craft into orbit which had a spare bit of thrust...  Trying to decide if 1.7 Large 3 meter tanks is enough to get me somewhere and if the one I've got stuck on the landing portion will get me back from anywhere other than the Mun or Minmus.

Yeah... I've been there a dozen times, but I don't think this will get me anywhere and back safely... Mun is a good semi-safe trial run.

After that, back to the drawing board and perhaps back to the single person capsule rather than forcing myself to get 3 Kerbs somewhere all at once.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 19, 2012, 10:08:20 pm »

If you're trying to see if you can land on another planet and get back to kerbin, try launching your entire ship into orbit, drop the first interplanetary stage (using the NERVA engines you'll have a hard time not bringing enough fuel), and land on kerbin. Then take off and do it again. If you can pull that off, your ship is probably worthy of making a manned mission both ways.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 19, 2012, 10:29:24 pm »

So, I just came out of 100000x time compression and snap, my craft broke apart.
In case you cant see it, theres my command pod, parachute, and radial decoupler.
The time compression still has some bugs it seems.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 19, 2012, 10:40:36 pm »

Didn't pack a specific interplanetary stage, it was just my final launch stage I'd over built a bit giving me some extra fuel, turned out to be just about perfect to get to the Mun. That stage got me there, circularized my orbit, and got me nearly stopped over my landing point. Only had about 200 m/s of velocity left to kill with the landing engine leaving me well over 2/3 of a tank to get back with once all was said and done. Now I've got Jeb, Bill and Bob perched at a landing point overlooking a deep valley. (Okay, fine, a few hops, from overlooking.) I'll leave them there for a bit, let them enjoy it and give other, more expendable kerbs a try for elsewhere.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:29 pm »

Yeah, my Eve mission did that just as I dropped out of warp in the Eve-intercept maneuver. Luckily it was just the ion drive that snapped off, and my landing thrusters de-orbited me since I had a velocity very close to that of Eve.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 19, 2012, 10:44:15 pm »

Trying to buy game and damn is the site slow.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:09 pm »

Wait to you try to download it. Their server really can't handle patch days very well at all.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 19, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »

Yeah, my Eve mission did that just as I dropped out of warp in the Eve-intercept maneuver. Luckily it was just the ion drive that snapped off, and my landing thrusters de-orbited me since I had a velocity very close to that of Eve.
Ion drive? Do you mean the nuclear one?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 19, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

Duna is hard to get to. I have enough fuel and easily get to the right orbit, but I keep missing the rendez vous point :/
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 848