Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448100 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2610 on: November 30, 2012, 09:56:05 am »

0.18 playthrough and devtalk coming in 5 minutes!
http://www.twitch.tv/KerbalSP
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2611 on: November 30, 2012, 10:55:55 am »

Couldn't watch them... community managers are douches. C7 gets on in 40 minutes... so maybe it'll get better then.

We know that, but what did they do this time around?

"Hey, make these crappy paper Kerbal masks and we MIGHT give you a prize if you stick your picture with it on on your facebooks and twitter and oh yeah! Follow us and like us and tell all your friends and be annoying about it all! So... yeah, we've got 50 minutes to go till anything interesting happens... We'll just be annoying assholes till then. FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK!!!"

Now C7 is streaming and they're still being annoying, but at least C7 is there, and he's somewhat cool and there's actual stuff to look at. And there might be an "announcement" in 5-10 minutes... but there are several "announcements" scheduled throughout the day.

Also, they're being really cagey about whether it's being released today or not. They're not saying no, which I feel like would be a really easy answer. I doubt it's like they're just going to go "oh, hey, I guess we got enough done today, during this big event, sure, we'll release it." So, it's either a probable yes, and they're just being assholes about it, or it's a definite no, and they just don't want people to leave the stream once they know for sure that things won't be available today. Also, if it's the former, they're doing a terrible job of keeping secrets. If it's the latter, again, assholes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:59:55 am by sluissa »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:23 am »

Couldn't watch them... community managers are douches. C7 gets on in 40 minutes... so maybe it'll get better then.

We know that, but what did they do this time around?

"Hey, make these crappy paper Kerbal masks and we MIGHT give you a prize if you stick your picture with it on on your facebooks and twitter and oh yeah! Follow us and like us and tell all your friends and be annoying about it all! So... yeah, we've got 50 minutes to go till anything interesting happens... We'll just be annoying assholes till then. FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK!!!"

Now C7 is streaming and they're still being annoying, but at least C7 is there, and he's somewhat cool and there's actual stuff to look at. And there might be an "announcement" in 5-10 minutes... but there are several "announcements" scheduled throughout the day.
Good developers, terrible hosts.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 30, 2012, 12:22:04 pm »

Apparently, the developers can't even play their own game. Oh my god.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »

It was pretty funny when he was about to crash straight into the Mun and tried to fix it by burning straight into it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:26:54 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:47 pm »

well, who said that developers should be good at their own game? all they need to be able to do is code it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 30, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »

Well it is hard to talk, follow a script, being cool and doig actual rocket science. One has to fail somewhere in it

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »

Version 0.0 is hardcore as shit.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 30, 2012, 01:22:46 pm »

The patcher they released two day ago? It complains about being outdated.

Get ahead of the masses and go get the new one! (I've tried it on the mac don't know if it applies to win as well)

"Hey, make these crappy Kerbal masks

speaking of wich...

Spoiler: just, wow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:15:05 pm by LoSboccacc »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 30, 2012, 02:25:01 pm »

So... I fell asleep at some point... but I swear I heard confirmation that .18 would be released today... I could have simply been dreaming though.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 30, 2012, 02:44:40 pm »

So... I fell asleep at some point... but I swear I heard confirmation that .18 would be released today... I could have simply been dreaming though.
Apparently it's not going to be released today, or tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow...
and that is terrible
Sigtext

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:16 pm »

Something fairly important was said. Users will eventually be able to build bases on other celestial bodies and use resources there to build parts to launch a new mission to another body. You could take care of your first campaign mission to land on the Mun by going to Jool and mining and building and launching from a Joolian moon to get to Mun.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 30, 2012, 08:40:32 pm »

Something fairly important was said. Users will eventually be able to build bases on other celestial bodies and use resources there to build parts to launch a new mission to another body. You could take care of your first campaign mission to land on the Mun by going to Jool and mining and building and launching from a Joolian moon to get to Mun.
YES.
*ahem* Sorry about that...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 30, 2012, 09:27:36 pm »

Didn't get to watch the whole stream but I saw a bit of it

http://kerbalspaceport.com/

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:27 pm »

Apparently they just released it in the last 15 minutes or so. Was watching the stream on my phone, then shut it off for the trip home, now home, and the stream is over... expected another 45 minutes, but oh well, this is nice too.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 848