Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443863 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3375 on: December 28, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

Did you run out of electricity?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3376 on: December 28, 2012, 04:00:41 pm »

Do you have any kerbals in the the station anywhere? Or at least a command module with AI? You need those if you want to control anything.
That section of the craft is unmanned. It has the small command pod for satellites.

Did you run out of electricity?

No, I thought this was the problem at first, but for the second launch I made sure to deploy the solar panels before continuing with the mission.

I can move the craft but throttle up/down doesn't do anything.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 28, 2012, 04:12:46 pm »

are you out of fuel?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:05 pm »

Not sure what the deal was, but it is working fine now. Manage to mate two of my orbit stages together. Now I have the urge to launch 7 more and assemble a 3x3 cube, then fill it with fuel.

It would be pointless but fun. I am pretty sure I could go anywhere with that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »

Resistance is Futile, you will be Kerbalated?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 28, 2012, 09:16:26 pm »

are the rockets in the right stage? its unlikely but who knows.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 31, 2012, 01:38:24 am »

Had good progress this weekend.

My space station is growing, although it got a bit damaged while I was trying to get the docking arm added. I'm getting better at this, but some of those space station parts are incredibly hard to control.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may end up making a new space station at some point. That one is....kind of a mess and not really planned out.

I got tired of messing with it, though, so I moved on to my other project at the moment: A Mun Base!

Just got the first part landed. Only cost the lives of 9 Kerbals to get here (my first rocket kept blowing up around 60K for some reason. Not sure why). I'm going to set down some more habitation pods, a science pod, and at least one rover eventually. It's not all that much to look at, but it's a start!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 31, 2012, 03:46:47 am »

We need the ability to add struts using eva

Nuff said.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 31, 2012, 03:59:20 am »

Nuff said.
That would indeed be pretty dammed awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3384 on: December 31, 2012, 07:14:50 am »

I've been lazy on KSP lately. Didn't play at all after 1.8.2...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3385 on: December 31, 2012, 07:43:47 am »

I assume using tricoupler + 3 docking ports will make the ship align just right?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:36 am »

Yeah, I would have loved a "grab that floating thing and glue it back on" Eva-s

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 31, 2012, 11:56:13 am »

I assume using tricoupler + 3 docking ports will make the ship align just right?

Ah, so that's what people have been using that for! I was wondering what that accomplished in a lot of the pictures I've been seeing.
Come play Mafia with us!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 31, 2012, 01:47:19 pm »

Nuff said.

There's a mod for that. I think it's the quantum strut.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, so that's what people have been using that for! I was wondering what that accomplished in a lot of the pictures I've been seeing.

I'm not sure exactly how well it works. sometimes all 3 seem to connect well, other times i've had it where only one will, (transferring thrust through them in that case... bad idea)
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 848