Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448779 times)

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn I feel stupid, I actually didn't notice there was a docking mode  :-[
Thanks  ;)
However, sometimes when I switch my asas on while rcs is active, it keeps flooding rcs non stop

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

If you're already docking things, you're doing good progress. I'm not even going to tell you how long it took me to ... well, get something into space, for one! :)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I hate doking mode. It's much easier in normal mode for me.

The key to docking is threefold. One, make sure your ship is balanced, RCS wise. Else, it's a huge pain in the ass. Two, ASAS should be on when translating. Anything short of perfect balance will make your ship twirl. Three, Keep RCS on. Turning it off is like cutting away your steering wheel.

Wellc I guess there's more, but those are important!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, considering I have a module on top of my ship when I'm trying to dock it, my RCS are not balanced at all. It'd be a shame to ruin my station aesthetics to make the docking easier  :D
What I would like is at least to be able to lock my ship from rotating on itself without having to use the asas, because as I sad asas burns all my RCS fuel

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Download 'Toggleable ASAS' mod. Then add two SAS to your ship. If you use that mod, you can have SAS on without your ASAS wasting your aim and your monoprop fuel.

Really, ASAS should be manually toggleable.

Also: do it like me and have a carrier that deposits the module, then fires away. I used that to add an assymetric generator module, without any useless parts like a control pod, and save my unmanned station.

EDIT: SAS is what makes your ship stop turning even without RCS. Says so inthe description, 'stops your ship from spinning around'. :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:43:13 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

stoney834

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds like you have either too many RCS thrusters, or they are too far away from the centre of mass.  This makes the SAS over-steer endlessly and it also means that the controls will be too sensitive to dock easily.  You can disable individual RCS thrusters by right-clicking on them. 

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot guys  :)
Have fun!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Am I missing something here? I thought T toggled on/off the ASAS.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I got it correctly, SAS provide torque, ASAS control, the mod allow you to control the SAS torque without ASAS controlling it

if you activate T now with only SAS they will hold attitude but won't help turning, because when they're on also the hold attitude mode is on

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Mechjeb is dicking about. I'm trying to change the orbital height, but it won't let me go to the end of the present height to delete that one. I can only add numbers and letters to it.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

EDIT: aaaaaand the physics engine is also dicking about. My ship has the main part of it (the munar base) sink through the rest of the ship, before reaching the engines and blowing up.

RAEG!
Lrn 2 fli propprliy b4 usin mekjeb n00b lol.

Yay for mocking my own thought process.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah! back in my time we landed on the mun without mod nor warp, and getting there and back again was a 16h missions with hand calculated hohmann transfers

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

YUS

Orbital docking success. Habitat module is now docked to KSS1. Three kerbals living aboard station at this time.

Next step:

Rondevous and dock spacedock and C2 module. Then we can start ferrying parts up and build INSPAEC

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Does anyone want to make a base where we all add a module to it and pass it on à la goonstation, except on the mun?

Or maybe Minmas. Not too far from home.
Sounds fun, though we'd also have to set up a mod back so we all have the same parts.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Speaking of mods...

I've been playing with a lot of mods lately, but the Airship mod (courtesy of Hooligan Labs, whoever they are) is especially neat. Adds balloons and also inflatable parachute-like things. Sadly, the former are not particularly useful as boosters, it seems. That shape is rather awkward.

Linky!

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 848