Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443927 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Proble shut down without electricity!
And control pods have a small amount of SAS iirc.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, 0.19 is going to have better drag all round, including reentry heat, supposedly
Magma is overrated.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

But solar panels create a huge amount of energy... Even if I only use one (I have five, as one crashed during docking) I can recharge my energy in a matter of minutes, and that is with my (completely pointless) lights turned on!

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, probes can't do EVAs, if you care about that sort of thing.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

But solar panels create a huge amount of energy... Even if I only use one (I have five, as one crashed during docking) I can recharge my energy in a matter of minutes, and that is with my (completely pointless) lights turned on!
Also, a single thermoelectric generator will more than provide for your probe.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Is there a way to turn off stages?

edit: After almost two days of lonely orbit, I decided <whateverhisnameis> should probably get back in the spacecraft again.
Daamn, has anyone so far managed to get a Kerbal back in a spaceship? I could get quite close to him...
Spoiler: quite close (click to show/hide)
...but actually getting all of him inside, seems  lot harder. I give up for now, might try later. It's not like he has limited life support or anything.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:54:44 am by Dutchling »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Reentry heat will probably greatly increase my lethality rate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Reentry? Seems like a waste of fuel to me :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Getting Kerbals back in ships is easier than docking.
They control incredibly easy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I'm currently sending a Kethane mining/processing facility and spacedock to the mun. In one go. I'm running on warp one and can't go above 30 m/s or the whole thing will collapse on itself.

i will rage immensely if i manage to mess this up

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Getting Kerbals back in ships is easier than docking.
They control incredibly easy.

Really? I found docking to be fairly easy, as you can just bump into the the space station and then you'll have equal speed. If you even touch the Kerbal a little it flies into all sorts of directions. I also never managed to steer my Kerbal into anything o_O. He just flaps around a little but but that's all >.>

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

So, I'm currently sending a Kethane mining/processing facility and spacedock to the mun. In one go. I'm running on warp one and can't go above 30 m/s or the whole thing will collapse on itself.

i will rage immensely if i manage to mess this up
As long as you finished accelerating, you could just warp x1000 until you get there... xD Torque and things are disabled in orbital warp.

Docking is very fun. Love it when you slide into place.
Kerbals are easy to maneuver. Just make sure your camera is set at a comfortable angle before pressing R, then use the translation controls to get where you want to go.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Spacesuits have RCS packs?
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 848