Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448486 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

pressing R
That explains a lot.

How do you miss the RCS packs?
The game never tells you the Kerbs have jetpacks...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

there is a lot of essential stuff that the game doesn't tell, like how the docking control automation works or that your stages are locked after getting back into orbital mode.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

there is a lot of essential stuff that the game doesn't tell, like how the docking control automation works or that your stages are locked after getting back into orbital mode.
I think what you mean is the situation where I'm time warping and baffled because I can't turn my ship.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I am pretty sure I meant what I meant  :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ATTN: KERBAL SPACE ENGINEERING

We've got a problem. This hilariously unstable ship proved as sturdy as kerbally possible:

I jacked all the leftover fuel (two orange tanks, with some left over) onto the primary station to save on Kethane, with one being brought with the stage for emergency purposes. Such as this. I managed to slow it down to ~4m/s using RCS, then it tumbled a bit - total damage to the craft is one small spare part storage, one communotron attached to it and some non-vital structures.

I sure as hell am not letting this >300 ton craft go to waste.

The resources you see are the only ones I have available, unless I am to try a daring mission to send a craft of some sort to add more storage (with the position of the only docking port however, this'd be pure pain). There are no Kerbals stranded, so this is purely for the glory of industrial engineering. There is a spaceport beacon attached right under the MechJeb pod, so if we really want to cheat we can send a vessel equipped with a jump drive there and wench, wench, and wench some more.

We're waiting here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Jumpdrive? Kethane? Spaceport Beacon?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a joyride of ignorance, I have assumed that everyone uses the baystation12 modpack.

Such cases.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

What other files do I need, besides those you linked? As the game now crashes after clicking the 'launch' button. :c

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

a clean save.
or a never-modded save.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Had both. But I'll try again I guess.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

Tried my hand at docking...

Spoiler: Success! (click to show/hide)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

In a joyride of ignorance, I have assumed that everyone uses the baystation12 modpack.

Such cases.

After clicking that link, even a clean KSP install now crashes.

I blame internet Voodoo.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Strange.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Now I think about it, I also moved the KSP folder from my Dropbox folder to my External Harddrive. That should not be a problem though, but it is worth a try.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

External harddrives are slow >.> They're capped by the USB transfer speed, too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 848