Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448406 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3630 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:09 am »

FTP is fixed, have fun guys. Or you could wait on forsaken, i think he will work on a more balanced modpack based on the one im currently using.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3631 on: February 13, 2013, 08:31:39 am »

Good news!, the KSP got a new demo - 0.18.3, witch is ironically higher version than current full release :P (full version 0.18.3 is to be released soon, and then 0.19 YAY)

The demo has some hard limitations, so it kind of close to what 0.13 has in of parts and celestial bodies to visit. And while it's possible to launch up to 3 flights, we don't get docking parts (bummer).
More importantly it seems to use new Unity 4 engine, so there should be increase in performance. (i got around 20-25% more FPS on an old C2D 3,33Ghz (OC) compared to 0.18.2)

Devpost:http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/42955050444/new-ksp-demo-out-now and link to download page: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php

Cheers!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3632 on: February 13, 2013, 08:32:52 am »

Very nice. Hoping for the full version release soon.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 13, 2013, 08:59:55 am »

Good news!, the KSP got a new demo - 0.18.3

Well i just went to the link you showed... it says it based on the 18.2 version o.O
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3634 on: February 13, 2013, 09:04:35 am »

Aww, but docking is one of the best parts!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 13, 2013, 11:03:43 am »

Good news!, the KSP got a new demo - 0.18.3

Well i just went to the link you showed... it says it based on the 18.2 version o.O
Yeah it got me confused too. It says 0.18.3 when you launch the demo, the devs probably meant that content is based on 0.18.2. But since the unity 4 change and some other tweaks and fixes like new font, lack of .craft compatibility make the demo somewhat different from 0.18.2.

edit: made things less gibberish ... damn i need to sleep :( can't think straight, but at least i managed to rebuild my coaxial rotor in 0.18, Eve ascent under 50tons here i come.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:38:10 am by Nao »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 15, 2013, 01:55:57 pm »

I'm surprised it even starts, since it has been discontinued (for the greater good I'd say)

only full downloads for the time being.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 15, 2013, 01:59:07 pm »

Aww, but docking is one of the best parts!
Hence the term "demo".

And as LoS said, you need to fully redownload it. They are working on a better patcher, apparantly.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3638 on: February 15, 2013, 01:59:44 pm »

The patcher is royally borked.

If you want to keep your saves, manually remove your game save folders from the saves folder.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:53 pm »

Managed to find something that eliminates the evil, rocket-eating, family-murdering entity that is the launch tower. Now the Sierpinski can finally launch.

E: The Sierpinski is having some problems. By that I mean that half of the plane randomly explodes mid-flight.

E3: All of my fucking-tall-cilinder-with-6-symmetry-mode model of rockets have this problem.

E3: Just some debris passing trough the crusts of kerbin, nothing to worry about here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:09:35 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3640 on: February 16, 2013, 09:36:50 am »

Been about 2 months...

And I still can't dock.
I'd probably find it easier if they kept the damned purple marker throughout, but it decides the best course of action is to fucking disappear once you're within 25KM, meaning I have NO FUCKING CLUE where to point my fucking ship!

Jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with this fucking docking!? I always overshoot, undershoot, or the game decides to throw some shit in my face!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHkY3FusJIQ

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: February 16, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »

Spoiler: Uh oh (click to show/hide)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 16, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

needs more struts

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 16, 2013, 08:17:25 pm »

you know what you want to do with that, right

you wanna put a strut on it

oh and it doesn't have enough engines but still i suggest struts

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3644 on: February 16, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »

I am attempting to build a floating city in the Ocean with docking ports! Since I am horribly incompetent at docking in space.

AND IT IS DIFFICULT.

No success so far. Managed to get something in the water without exploding, but it flipped over. Attempting to use its engines severely angered the lag gods. You have been warned.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 848