Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448353 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In fact the arm once magnetize will initiate a *force docking* on the part you magnetized to. And i didnt read the corrent conversation to be honest i just threw it here since it was a nice addition to the game :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started over, and decided to start simple. I've currently got a satellite orbiting Kerbal, as well as one orbiting the Mun. Currently drawing plans to land a probe on the Mun and launch a satellite at Minmus
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The very first thing I do now is lift a ton of fuel into orbit and make a fueling station at 150km. Its very handy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, getting a probe to minmus was a bit difficult as it forced me to learn about slingshot maneuvers(since the Mun more often than not was in the way), but I now have a satellite orbiting Minmus :D

Next on the list is actually managing to land a probe on a different planet without having it impact at terminal velocity

Edit: Ok, first attempt at landing: Ran out of fuel long before reaching ground. Need extra tank on probe lander

Second Attempt: Ran out just feet above ground, making my final velocity just a smidge too much for the landing struts to take. Need to wait a little longer before activating descent engine

Third Attempt: Bounced it and smeared across the surface. Eh, close enough :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:54:47 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best speed to do a landing is max 3m/s if you are somewhat light with good landing gear, hell i dont really care i land straight on engines at .3m/s, why bother with landing legs? :D
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

Am I the only one whose method of landing on something consists of having my tragectory completely intersect the planet (rather than first entering oribt)?

Plus, I want to use Mechjeb, but the mod I use to remove the launchtower has the (an older) mechjeb DLL included with it. If I replace this DLL (MuMechLib.dll) with the mechjeb one will it break anything?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best speed to do a landing is max 3m/s if you are somewhat light with good landing gear, hell i dont really care i land straight on engines at .3m/s, why bother with landing legs? :D

Eh, came down at 20m/s. Didn't quite burn early enough to not crash  :(

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Am I the only one whose method of landing on something consists of having my tragectory completely intersect the planet (rather than first entering oribt)?

Plus, I want to use Mechjeb, but the mod I use to remove the launchtower has the (an older) mechjeb DLL included with it. If I replace this DLL (MuMechLib.dll) with the mechjeb one will it break anything?

The whole point of a DLL is to allow updating the DLL's code without having to recompile.
So yes, it might break your game. :P From my experience, people usually change functions or swap them around between DLL updates.

Actually, DLLs might just be for the programmer to not have to bother compiling it every time...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

The whole point of a DLL is to allow updating the DLL's code without having to recompile.
So yes, it might break your game. :P From my experience, people usually change functions or swap them around between DLL updates.

Actually, DLLs might just be for the programmer to not have to bother compiling it every time...

I am aware of how a DLL works and their function, but the fact that it is the only non-part the mod came with (the remove launchtower mod) suggests to me that it may be a specially modified mechjeb DLL, and updating the DLL may put the launchtower back.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am aware of how a DLL works and their function, but the fact that it is the only non-part the mod came with (the remove launchtower mod) suggests to me that it may be a specially modified mechjeb DLL, and updating the DLL may put the launchtower back.
Well i use latest mechjeb library and it runs fine with that mod too. Usually the creator of the DLL will always make sure or at least try his best to always keep backward compatibility with his newer version for mods that used it in the past who may not have updated their mods. At least thats what is supposed to happen in friendly modding cummunity.

kerbal space program is known for their friendship between modders, specialy those behind big mods, they always try to accomodate/help other modder by keeping their stuff backward compatible so in the futur, if you get a mod with an older dll dont take the older dll, just keep the newer one and it will be compatible at 95% of the time.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good goddamn docking is hard. I've gotten to the point where I can lnik up orbits, kill velocity, and get within spitting distance of my station core. I, however, cannot for the life of me get the docking ports to link up -_-

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

remember to bring rcs and fuel and asas, then the docking ui will help keep you aligned while you move around

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

....I kinda burned an entire large can of RCS fuel(plus 8 strapon tanks) trying to dock. -_-

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

You switched to docking controls right?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Remember to align the target vessel along normal/antinormal so that they don't move around relative to the orbit. At least thats what I do
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 848