Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1483753 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rocket Science is just trigonometry and differential equations, rolled up in a tube, and lit on fire.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Rocket Science is just trigonometry and differential equations, rolled up in a tube, and lit on fire.

Dont forget the aspects of chemistry, computer engineering, sociology and varios medical sciences.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

And the occasional bouts of insanity-inducing, incoherent rage.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Imgur lets you use small thumbnails that link to the full size image. No need to spoiler and helps out people with slow connections while still providing a preview.

[ url=http://i.imgur.com/kqYIhoZ.png][ img]http://i.imgur.com/kqYIhoZs.png[ /img][ /url]

With the spaces after the ['s removed becomes

The first http address is the image you're linking, the second is the same but with an "s" before the .png to show to the smaller thumbnail.
I'll keep that in mind. I knew it could do thumbnails, I just didn't think to do so.

-maths-

While that is all cool, it took me less time to just launch 6 satellites than it took you to do the math, and my network CAN control ground vehicles at the poles if I need to. :P In fact I've not run into a situation yet where they couldn't relay a signal back.

Also, my airship finally completed its 7 hour journey to the kethane deposit. 7 hours... at 4x speed that is still a long time to watch an airship fly. And I didn't actually get 4x speed most of the time. Overall it took about 2 hours realtime. We had a slight mishap with the anchor on landing... the hook tore free of the connector. In future designs I may include two anchor hooks. Also connecting the airship to the test vessel was a disaster because I forgot to turn off the altitude controls on the airship part. As soon as it connected and 'docked' it sensed that its weight had increased so it jerked the airship up, applying more upwards pressure to compensate. This resulted in tearing the top half of the target ship away from the bottom and a large explosion.

Still, it does mine Kethane and we experienced no loss of life.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just FYI it took me 5 min to do the maths and another 5 min to write the post... you must be pretty fast at launching  8)

The fun for me is figuring out how to do things most efficiently, I might not even use the satellite mod, and just do calculations instead.

Still, 6 is the bare minimum if you want complete ground coverage 100% of the time.

Ground coverage on Kerbin doesn't really matter, but it matters a lot on the Mun.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Spoiler: bitches (click to show/hide)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't tell if you are making a cage bike, or atomic modelling  :P

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I have no idea either.

I did not expect it to turn out like this xD

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

So... airships are hard. The balancing is an issue.

-snip-
It has a KAS winch on the bottom with a grapple for anchoring in place and drawing itself gently to the ground, or for lifting cargo. The forward winch has a detachable connector so a kerbonaut can connect the cable to a nearby ship for transportation or simply transferring resources such as the mined kethane. The prop on the back is electric, one of the firespitter parts. Its actually a propeller, not a pusher, but you can reverse the props in that pack so it works as a pusher as well.

1: Use a structural fuselage instead of a rocket fuel tank. Rocket fuel is HEAVY.
2: Use at least two balloons, one in front of the other. That lets you pitch them.

Speaking of KAS, I spent a while learning KAS, trying to make an atmospheric skycrane type vehicle. Unfortunately, I have had some trouble with the latter: balloons tend to be clumsy, and helicopters are hard to fly/balance. I did, however, make some pretty awesome stuff in the pursuit of this. Might grab pics in a sec after I finish posting.

I also need to test how much I can pick up with the robotic arm on Kerbin gravity. Wheeeeee~

And while I'm at it, I might mention that my objective for the skycrane is to be able to pick up a Magellan. Not so much because I plan to be airlifting any if I can help it, but because if I can handle those, I'm pretty much set for life. Those things are HEAVY. Will be heavier if I test the robotic arm and find it works enough to warrant having it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

are the devs still doing their weekly livestreams? anyone has link for the last one?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

1: Use a structural fuselage instead of a rocket fuel tank. Rocket fuel is HEAVY.
2: Use at least two balloons, one in front of the other. That lets you pitch them.
Have any airship craft files you'd like to share? I could use a good frame to work with.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Have any airship craft files you'd like to share? I could use a good frame to work with.
Depends on what other mods you have! The ones that come with the mod itself are pretty decent, though. Try a couple of those, and fine-tune things as needed.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

My main menu is borked. I can no longer load games ;_; 

Anyone else ever had this problems. Question mark.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I haven't, however, I have had problems with new ships launching with the same set of kerbals that are already in orbit, which creates interesting problems.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

My main menu is borked. I can no longer load games ;_; 

Anyone else ever had this problems. Question mark.
Verify your steam cache.

I haven't, however, I have had problems with new ships launching with the same set of kerbals that are already in orbit, which creates interesting problems.
Yeah that does happen sometimes. If you ever get both copies into the same craft one of them will vanish.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 848