Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448722 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Today's the day! I'm betting on a KSP release very, very soon now.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile

Today's the day! I'm betting on a KSP release very, very soon now.
I bet tomorrow. Today is too much to dream of!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Given how totally silent the devblog has been for almost two weeks now, I'd say they are indeed getting ready for a release sometime soon. I'm betting sometime next week.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

Alright, for the people who were wondering: you can indeed achieve orbit around Minmus using only a jetpack. Hell, it doesn't even need to be full. Starting at, like, 87% in there, I managed to do it with 27% to spare. Don't know about the Mun, though.

Extreme EVA is quite the sport. I have diving stations set up around many of the smaller celestial bodies.

If you're interested, EVA landings are possible on: Gilly, Minmus, Bop, and Pol.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, for the people who were wondering: you can indeed achieve orbit around Minmus using only a jetpack. Hell, it doesn't even need to be full. Starting at, like, 87% in there, I managed to do it with 27% to spare. Don't know about the Mun, though.

Extreme EVA is quite the sport. I have diving stations set up around many of the smaller celestial bodies.

If you're interested, EVA landings are possible on: Gilly, Minmus, Bop, and Pol.
Interesting, you could place command pods on those planets and in orbit, and have kerbals jump back and forth refueling for sport/fun.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

Interesting, you could place command pods on those planets and in orbit, and have kerbals jump back and forth refueling for sport/fun.
And for Science! Let's not forget Science!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile

It's either entirely possible to reach a stable mun orbit or just barely impossible, one of the two.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

It's either entirely possible to reach a stable mun orbit or just barely impossible, one of the two.
I saw a video once where the guy could NOT reach mun orbit, it just barely missed. He used an engine that was turned on and the burn oriented upwards and jumped into the burn to give him the very few extra m/s required and then achieved mun orbit. Getting down though..... not possible.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I am trying the mission controller mod.

Turns out I suck at making rocket cheap enough for meeting the space program budget.

:-\

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Yeah, I tried it too and failed absolutely miserably!

For the first mission all you need is to get a ship to high altitude - you don't need to achieve orbit! The one after that needs to stay up there at least 4h, and I'm not too sure if you need stable orbit. Either way, liquid engines are insanely expensive, so you might want to try to do the first missions with boosters only.

I'm now trying the Kethane mod. Found some Kethane on Kerbin, and wanted to VTOL a rover over there, but damn, gravity is not helping!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the update almost there and a breaking change in sight, remember to disable steam auto updater if you are on mods and you want to hold a little longer

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I personally can't wait for the update. I've been upgrading the HarrowJet (as I now call the Space Harrier), but I can't fly it well enough with ASAS as it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm really digging its new VSTOL functionality. Even loaded with fuel to the brim, it can do a short takeoff, and it's really good at pulling out of dives. Really flies pretty well. I can't get over how well it flies for how good it looks, especially since it uses very little part clipping, and even that only with some structural and aerodynamic parts where necessary.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:50:26 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am trying the mission controller mod.

Turns out I suck at making rocket cheap enough for meeting the space program budget.
Yeah, I tried it too and failed absolutely miserably!

For the first mission all you need is to get a ship to high altitude - you don't need to achieve orbit! The one after that needs to stay up there at least 4h, and I'm not too sure if you need stable orbit. Either way, liquid engines are insanely expensive, so you might want to try to do the first missions with boosters only.
The trick is to always bring your engines back down safely. I managed to do the first mission with an after recycling cost of 2437 Kerbucks.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but, you bring them all the way up and down, or you chute them and the game goes 'ok'

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

Alright, I think I might've messed something up installing/deleting all those mods...textures missing, kerbal portraits flashing, corrupted text...I think a clean install is in order.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 848