Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448454 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5535 on: September 26, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

I did the Asparagus thing, and wow, that was easier than I was expecting it to be.
The hard part was getting my rover/drill successfully on the Mun, It likes to tip over.
Now just to get it to the Kethane without killing Jeb.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5536 on: September 26, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

Eh, Jeb dying is kind of a wash. Could be a success, could be failure.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: September 27, 2013, 01:57:19 am »

I just got to minmus. Upon rendezvous to my orbiter, I realized something.

I forgot RCS.

Shit.

Long story short, I docked anyway. Took 3 tries (no disassembly, just 3 passes), but it worked. Woo!

EDIT: Checking the fuel reserves on the orbiter reveals that it's dead weight anyway. Whoops. Oh well, I guess I'll just slam it into minmus then.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: September 27, 2013, 02:18:47 pm »

You can learn a lot about an orbital body by slamming something into it and watching the debris fly. :D
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: September 27, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

The hardest part of asparagus is arranging the seperatrons to stage properly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: September 27, 2013, 03:34:06 pm »

Seperatrons are assholes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: September 27, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »

Huh. I've rarely needed to use seperatrons with my rockets. Are you doing something large and complex?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5542 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »

I just got to minmus. Upon rendezvous to my orbiter, I realized something.

I forgot RCS.

Shit.

Long story short, I docked anyway. Took 3 tries (no disassembly, just 3 passes), but it worked. Woo!

EDIT: Checking the fuel reserves on the orbiter reveals that it's dead weight anyway. Whoops. Oh well, I guess I'll just slam it into minmus then.

If you have screenshots, you just completed this week's weekly challenge on the KSP subreddit.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:37 pm »

DAMMIT.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: September 28, 2013, 03:02:58 am »

Huh. I've rarely needed to use seperatrons with my rockets. Are you doing something large and complex?
It just wobbles far too much because I am terrible at designing rockets.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: September 28, 2013, 03:05:47 am »

Wobbling is fixed with just having more struts.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: September 28, 2013, 03:23:53 am »

Consult the Engineering Flowchart whenever you have issues.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:19 am »

There's a MUCH better version.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #5548 on: September 28, 2013, 09:17:37 am »

Instant win right there!

I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until the next patch to start KSPing again... dammit, don't feel like loosing all of the saved games or whatnot, but doing and building things is just too attractive :\ I've also only ever been to the Mun.

How many of you do orbital refuelling before travelling to further away places? Is it needed? I tend not to use boosters, since too many of them and everything runs at negative 10fps...

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: September 28, 2013, 09:55:56 am »

You can technically get a kerbal to the mun surface and back in under 20 parts... I've seen it done.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 848