Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448543 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yeah. Stick a solar array on there and you should be golden! Or however much you need to get a positive (or at least not negative) electricity change when the engine is active.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I landed on mun, I landed on minmus, I did science... Now it is time to travel to new planets!
so I can get enough science to unlock some new science instruments like the nosecone and the accelerometer.

This time I am trying a scaled down version of my last attempt. While the last time the focus was on building a huge spaceship ( crew of 6 kerbals, space for double that number, 12 engines), this time I'll try to build something that won't cripple my computer.
However, I am not confident in my ability to carry a lander that can land on Duna and come back with all its equipment. I'll be forced to abandon all science on the surface. Do you guys have any good compact lander design?

by the way.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I think KSP's ion engines think that you mix the electricity with the ions and then burn them to produce thrust. As such, ISP includes electricity, and higher ISP engines need less electricity for the same thrust. But I'm not sure about that.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Anyone want to do a challenge?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Landed on the Mun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now I need to rescue Bill and Bob -.-'

Btw, I was playing around with ion engine designs, and while I get that making a 7500dv probe filled with research tools of just 1.5 ton is great, it takes over 5 hours to use that dv.
Does anyone (without mods) actually ever use ion enines o.O? It seems to be that the ant engine is better in basically all circumstances.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Actually the Ant engine is fairly bad because its slightly large cousin has much, much better thrust and ISP. I Have used Ion engines, though. I put several of them on a ship with 10km/s delta-v and put jeb on a field trip to deep space.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Landed on the Mun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now I need to rescue Bill and Bob -.-'

Btw, I was playing around with ion engine designs, and while I get that making a 7500dv probe filled with research tools of just 1.5 ton is great, it takes over 5 hours to use that dv.
Does anyone (without mods) actually ever use ion enines o.O? It seems to be that the ant engine is better in basically all circumstances.
I used ion engines before this version pretty often, with extremely small probes. Now all the mass necessary for science means I would need more engines, which would need more solar power, which means more mass, etc.
Not willing to calculate optimal size tradeoff to get the minimum of science into space using ion probes in terms of acceleration, so eh.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Anyone want to do a challenge?
Challenge accepted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, here's my challenge:

Iron Man

Build a humanoid spaceship, whether assembled in orbit or launched in one piece from the ground. Must have torso, head, 2 arms, and 2 legs. Bonus points for extra digits or details.

Full credit for standard, arms-at-sides or T pose. Bonus points for hands outstretched "superman" pose. Double bonus points for 1 hand at side, the other overhead, also "superman" but harder because it likely makes the weight asymmetrically distributed.

Get to orbit and come back with 2 arms, 2 legs, torso, and head still attached. Mega Ultra bonus points if you land on something then come back.

Also, pics or it didn't happen ;D

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe someone on here already did something basically of this description.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Triple bonus points: Use damned robotics to make it move.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Alright, here's my challenge:

Iron Man

Build a humanoid spaceship, whether assembled in orbit or launched in one piece from the ground. Must have torso, head, 2 arms, and 2 legs. Bonus points for extra digits or details.

Full credit for standard, arms-at-sides or T pose. Bonus points for hands outstretched "superman" pose. Double bonus points for 1 hand at side, the other overhead, also "superman" but harder because it likely makes the weight asymmetrically distributed.

Get to orbit and come back with 2 arms, 2 legs, torso, and head still attached. Mega Ultra bonus points if you land on something then come back.

Also, pics or it didn't happen ;D
If at any point in the future I actually manage to do that, I'll tell you right away.  :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Quadruple bonus: All engines are in hands and feet, must move hands/feet to angle thrust.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Slightly Relevant: I had at one point considered creating the ship from Spaceballs, complete with MEGA MAID transformation.

Also:
You know, I'm really not sure what to make of you sometimes Silly Putty.
On the one hand, practically everything you post is a sarcastic, sometimes almost scathing response to a simple, easy-to-do mistake on someone else's part.

But on the other hand, you do it so goddamn well.

oh...  :-[

I really don't like scaring people off.

At least I'll take the compliment

Well you didn't really scare me off, like I said, I just didn't know what to make of you.
Its kinda a Poe's Law thing, I wasn't sure if you're just a very blunt, to the point kind of person or if you were actively trolling people.

Granted now I'm pretty sure its the former. And now I feel bad....oops.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, just pulled off my second ever docking. It was much easier to do it in Munar orbit than in low-Kerbin orbit, so I've got significantly less of everything than I'd hoped.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

Now what?
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 848