Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443908 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7110 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:55 pm »

Its not THAT hard. Park a ship with 2-3 collectors at 900km orbit from kerbin and timewarp. They'll fill a tank in a little while of waiting.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7111 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08:39 pm »

Just performed my first orbital rendezvous. Managed it first time with help from a Scott Manley video :D.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: November 10, 2013, 09:25:04 pm »

Its not THAT hard. Park a ship with 2-3 collectors at 900km orbit from kerbin and timewarp. They'll fill a tank in a little while of waiting.
Well that part is easy, but my latest design, the MEGALODON, is having issues due to:
And you need exotic matter or its fuel. Which, IIRC, requires a metric fucktonne of power.
Specifically, I have an Antimatter Reactor hooked up with the generator, but I don't have any other form of power generation, so it refuses to make MegaJoules, it just keeps it charged with electricity. AND I didn't give the damn thing docking ports. So its pretty much fucked.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: November 10, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

Well that part is easy, but my latest design, the MEGALODON, is having issues due to:
And you need exotic matter or its fuel. Which, IIRC, requires a metric fucktonne of power.
Specifically, I have an Antimatter Reactor hooked up with the generator, but I don't have any other form of power generation, so it refuses to make MegaJoules, it just keeps it charged with electricity. AND I didn't give the damn thing docking ports. So its pretty much fucked.

KAS will probably help you there. Just get close enough to tether and attach fuel lines.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: November 10, 2013, 10:43:37 pm »

Er....fuel lines?  HOW DOES THAT HELP I DONT UNDERSTANT.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: November 10, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »

Send another ship that has what you need on board and connect it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: November 10, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »

Send another ship that has what you need on board and connect it.
Ok so suggesting KAS was a great idea and all but couldn't I just put some solar panels in a box and throw those onto the ship instead?

Indeed, I do this.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: November 11, 2013, 12:01:24 am »

fuel will travel from the first tank youclick in the editor to the second one you click. so if it were 2 liquid fuel tank with engine connect to them, the first on you clicked on the editor will unload fuel in the second one you clicked, thus making the first one clicked finish its burn with the second one you clicked still full of fuel.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: November 11, 2013, 12:12:06 am »

I thought they were talking about the fuel attachments that come with KAS that let you mwwt up with another ship, attach a hose via EVA and transfer resources between ships.

I'm not familiar with the warp drive mod though.  Can KAS transfer what that needs?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:51 am »

I'm building a large rocket (600200 odd pieces) and have hit a snag. When getting it into orbit parts vertically stacked are colliding with each other and destroying the rocket. Is there some simple mistake I'm making?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:59:02 am by Vattic »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: November 11, 2013, 01:07:14 am »

Too many pieces, the physics engine is having to guesstimate because it can't keep up and that can cause screwy things to happen.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: November 11, 2013, 01:14:24 am »

Hmm, well I'm not so sure. I just removed a Z-4K Battery and now it's working fine. Not sure why that part was proving so weak.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: November 11, 2013, 01:33:27 am »

fuel will travel from the first tank youclick in the editor to the second one you click. so if it were 2 liquid fuel tank with engine connect to them, the first on you clicked on the editor will unload fuel in the second one you clicked, thus making the first one clicked finish its burn with the second one you clicked still full of fuel.
I understand what fuel lines are FOR, but what I need is ELECTRICITY generation, because apparently if the reactor/generator combo doesn't have a big supply of "normal" electricity it wont produce MegaJoules, which is a resource used in everything in Interstellar.

Indeed, I do this.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: November 11, 2013, 02:56:39 am »

Great. I just managed my first trip to Mun and back... and just as I had lifted off from Mun and reached orbit, I realized I had forgoten to do half the experiments I was supposed to do there.

I can't even imagine how Jeb got out of that one.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: November 11, 2013, 03:11:19 am »

"Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Company." That's how.

Basically, Jeb supplies a significant fraction of the KSP's components at a tiny fraction of the cost of other providers, on the condition that he get to fly whenever and wherever he wants. You don't fire Jeb. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 848