Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448551 times)

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7125 on: November 11, 2013, 03:22:35 am »

"Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Company." That's how.

Basically, Jeb supplies a significant fraction of the KSP's components at a tiny fraction of the cost of other providers, on the condition that he get to fly whenever and wherever he wants. You don't fire Jeb. :P

This is borne out by the way that Jeb forces his way into every damn capsule you launch. single man capsule with another kerbal assigned? no problem, he just pushes him out of the way. Every. Time.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7126 on: November 11, 2013, 04:40:31 am »

Not long landed a joint science and rescue mission on Duna. Heaviest lander yet and first rover. Just need to drive it 12km, get Jeb back, return to orbit, rendezvous + dock with the rocket in orbit, and get back to Kerbin. Fun :D.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: November 11, 2013, 04:46:06 am »

Not long landed a joint science and rescue mission on Duna. Heaviest lander yet and first rover. Just need to drive it 12km, get Jeb back, return to orbit, rendezvous + dock with the rocket in orbit, and get back to Kerbin. Fun :D.

That's heavy... I am in the process of doing the same procedure, but I'm betting on not having to use a rover, and made an ultralight lander I hope to get really close to Jeb... I also used aerospikes on mine, since they work better in atmosphere? Haven't tried yet, need to wait a few months on a good alignment...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:54 am »

That is one nice looking lander!

Did they make it home?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: November 11, 2013, 06:34:22 am »

@Vattic is that based on one of Scott Manley's designs? He made one that's mighty similar I believe.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: November 11, 2013, 07:04:47 am »

Great. I just managed my first trip to Mun and back... and just as I had lifted off from Mun and reached orbit, I realized I had forgoten to do half the experiments I was supposed to do there.

I can't even imagine how Jeb got out of that one.

Jeb eventually made up for his mistake by going back, this time with twice the science equipment!

He also boarded a space plane (that i honestly thought was going to explode rather than lift off) and managed to fly over 100 km before landing (which I thought less likely to happen than the plane exploding on surface contact)!

Also, if you people would be so kind as to indulge my question: how exactly do the stars have to be aligned for a flight to Minmus? This assuming I use Mun as a gravity slinshot, preferrably. (I'm running dangerously low on science).

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: November 11, 2013, 07:07:40 am »

Also, if you people would be so kind as to indulge my question: how exactly do the stars have to be aligned for a flight to Minmus? This assuming I use Mun as a gravity slinshot, preferrably. (I'm running dangerously low on science).
All angles calculator: http://ksp.olex.biz/

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: November 11, 2013, 07:10:21 am »

Question: Is it possible to land on the Sun? This is assuming reality warping levels of save editing and such (turning off temperature preferably) of course.
               Or is the game fully hard-coded to splode' everything on contact with it no matter what?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: November 11, 2013, 07:13:01 am »

No worries about slingshots the same rocket that can go to the mun can make it to minmus - more dv to reach is offset by less to land.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: November 11, 2013, 07:14:09 am »

it should be possible to land on the sun, as the only thing stopping you from landing on the sun is absurd heat levels near said sun and your parts overheating due to it. try hyperediting yourself into a 100km orbit with a few parts edited to have 1e+10 max temp and in the name of everything holy never go eva

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7135 on: November 11, 2013, 08:26:53 am »

Er....fuel lines?  HOW DOES THAT HELP I DONT UNDERSTANT.
fuel will travel from the first tank youclick in the editor to the second one you click. so if it were 2 liquid fuel tank with engine connect to them, the first on you clicked on the editor will unload fuel in the second one you clicked, thus making the first one clicked finish its burn with the second one you clicked still full of fuel.
I understand what fuel lines are FOR, but what I need is ELECTRICITY generation, because apparently if the reactor/generator combo doesn't have a big supply of "normal" electricity it wont produce MegaJoules, which is a resource used in everything in Interstellar.
Could you post a picture of your craft? Any of the reactor/generators should generate MW as needed.

Now if you're trying to use a nuclear reactor to power a warp drive ring it can take a looong time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: November 11, 2013, 09:31:41 am »

Er....fuel lines?  HOW DOES THAT HELP I DONT UNDERSTANT.
fuel will travel from the first tank youclick in the editor to the second one you click. so if it were 2 liquid fuel tank with engine connect to them, the first on you clicked on the editor will unload fuel in the second one you clicked, thus making the first one clicked finish its burn with the second one you clicked still full of fuel.
I understand what fuel lines are FOR, but what I need is ELECTRICITY generation, because apparently if the reactor/generator combo doesn't have a big supply of "normal" electricity it wont produce MegaJoules, which is a resource used in everything in Interstellar.

As far as ksp is concerned electricity is fuel. It's just a variable in a container. You lack docking ports and kas has parts that do what docking ports do, connect two sets of parts together that are fuel crossfed capable.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: November 11, 2013, 12:38:11 pm »

18 year single launch grand tour with landings:

http://m.imgur.com/a/19USo

All hats off.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #7138 on: November 11, 2013, 01:19:00 pm »

Well, he never needs to play KSP again :O

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:47 pm »

18 year single launch grand tour with landings:

http://m.imgur.com/a/19USo

All hats off.

That is amazing. I doubt I could pull something like that off.

Now he should do it including the mod planets. THAT would be unreal.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 848