Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448724 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7575 on: December 14, 2013, 04:21:41 pm »

They've only literally done the exact opposite. The next version, for example, has finite eva propellant.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also:

When did they say they are getting rid of resources? Do you have a source?

They never said this. They said they were putting it on hold until after multiplayer.

Resources here refers to mining stuff.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:24:43 pm by Putnam »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7576 on: December 14, 2013, 04:28:46 pm »

Wait, are they making a legit multiplayer now, and not just the hacky mod?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: December 14, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »

Well, not now, but by the end of next year, yes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7578 on: December 14, 2013, 04:42:58 pm »

so LoSboccacc's entire little rant is false.

gotya

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: December 14, 2013, 04:46:13 pm »

so LoSboccacc's entire little rant is false.

gotya
Judging from Kerbal Rocket Surgery, I'm guessing he's drunk.

Let's be honest: Realism aside, I don't particularly WANT to dick around in the atmosphere before having to forget plane flight and learn orbital mechanics. I would at least want SRBs.
* Twi bops LoSobboccacc.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: December 14, 2013, 04:54:50 pm »

Wait, are they making a legit multiplayer now, and not just the hacky mod?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: December 14, 2013, 04:55:36 pm »

Well, not now, but by the end of next year, yes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: December 14, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

I'd like a link and source for that, actually.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: December 14, 2013, 05:04:46 pm »

Yeah, if I learned anything from Kerbal Rocket Surgery, it's that having to start of with planes is A) kind of a drag and B) harder than just making rockets, which I kind of already knew.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: December 14, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

Yeah, if I learned anything from Kerbal Rocket Surgery, it's that having to start of with planes is A) kind of a drag and B) harder than just making rockets, which I kind of already knew.

iseewhatyoudidthere
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: December 15, 2013, 04:10:30 pm »

Managed to get a Mun flyby (or five) on my no-transmission, no-reload campaign. For some reason, getting rockets off the ground is so much harder with FAR, even though the page says it is easier

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: December 15, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »

All you really need with FAR are some fairings and tail stabilizers (AV-R8s). The fairings aren't quite so necessary. After that, gravity turning is just tapping slightly to the right, at which point the stabilizers combined with your gravitational trajectory will give you a good gravity turn without any need for further control.

The thing about FAR is that it's nearly impossible to reach terminal velocity in the atmosphere with it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7588 on: December 15, 2013, 05:00:53 pm »

The thing about FAR is that it's nearly impossible to reach terminal velocity in the atmosphere with it.
Heh heh heh...

you aren't using the KSPI mod with antimatter reactors and thermal rockets are you? Heh.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: December 15, 2013, 05:09:51 pm »

Oh, I am. I just haven't used antimatter reactors yet :P
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 848