Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448179 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7710 on: December 20, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

It lets you build spacestations that have purpose.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7711 on: December 20, 2013, 04:34:20 pm »

I thought the lab let you get more out of returned craft as well...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: December 20, 2013, 05:09:49 pm »

You can gain an additional 10-20% on your 40%(or whatever. equipment dependent.) Also the reset. BUT. You will never get 100% from spamming experiments over the airwaves.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11:40 pm »

With a lab you can reset experiments, so if you have it orbiting, you can land, get samples, go back up, dock, move the experiments to the command module then reset the experiments with the lab.  Then head out with your lander again.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: December 20, 2013, 05:15:41 pm »

With a lab you can reset experiments, so if you have it orbiting, you can land, get samples, go back up, dock, move the experiments to the command module then reset the experiments with the lab.  Then head out with your lander again.
Oh, so you can transfer the goo and material samples? Well I'm relieved now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: December 20, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »

Thank whatever deity is in the game.

Whoever it is, Jeb is probably its prophet.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: December 20, 2013, 05:17:12 pm »

You can process the reports. I have no clue if you can transfer the reports for stuff like goo.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: December 20, 2013, 05:18:34 pm »

You can process the reports. I have no clue if you can transfer the reports for stuff like goo.

I believe you can transfer reports for any experiment, but you need the science module to reset the experiment after it is used.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »

UPDATE: I tested it, you can transfer neither goo nor material samples. Crud on a cracker.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: December 20, 2013, 06:02:26 pm »

But I just transferred a surface sample.

EDIT: So we meet again, mysterious red space line.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's about half an AU long, and it just sort of happens to happen every time after I've played for a while. As you can see, it appears both in map view and in staging view. Anyone know details?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:09:46 pm by MagmaMcFry »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: December 20, 2013, 06:48:48 pm »

I think what you can do is process experiments fully in order to return to Kerbin what was an 80% experiment right up to 100% in one mission.

The Munar poles are a pain to land on.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:11:50 pm by BigD145 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: December 20, 2013, 08:21:45 pm »

But I just transferred a surface sample.

EDIT: So we meet again, mysterious red space line.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's about half an AU long, and it just sort of happens to happen every time after I've played for a while. As you can see, it appears both in map view and in staging view. Anyone know details?

I've encountered that before. It seems to be caused by the game not properly forgetting target intercept details/removing those lines relating to target intercepts after a docking procedure.

Also, I put a science lab, among other things, in orbit around minmus and am transferring experiments up to it after each landing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: December 20, 2013, 08:43:29 pm »

Mun experiments are largely done. I have visited every biome and brought back all the science. None of it has been processed. I think I'm good for awhile. Minmus is still missing Highland and Slopes. Mun canyon was not as bad as I thought. Not even close to the pole. Mun pole is all knobbly. It's surprising the slopes you can land on.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:49 pm »

argh, so upset. 

maybe 400 total research, early in a career mode.  got a lander to minmus, picked up all but one biome's orbital report.  thought i'd save fuel for the return trip, so landed on the tail of my transfer rocket instead of on my lander (no docking ports, so I couldnt re-use the transfer booster unless I landed with it).

Pretty proud of myself, picked up an EVA report from the ground and a surface sample, stowed them in the pod and used the jetpack to get more from a nearby biome.

On the way back, Jeb crashed his jetpack into the ground and died X(

Argh!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: December 20, 2013, 08:59:19 pm »

What would happen if you brought another Kerbonaut and took the craft back?

Would you be able to recover the SCIENCE?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 848