Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448280 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8100 on: February 02, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »

That thing is massive, and georgeous.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8101 on: February 02, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »

Yeah, I think that's the B9 parts that do that. They look really nice; those big front wings are 1 big part, with the flaps and trailing bits on them separate parts. Though I think you need to do some fiddling to get all the B9 parts to work properly with .23. The SABRE engines are broken for me, but the rest seem to more or less work.

With those wings, I actually went for a more or less IRL jetliner style profile; which turns out to fly quite well in Ferram Aerospace. Also learned that to control such craft, it is essential to disable all but 1 steering direction for most of the control surfaces. With default controls, the rotation, pitch, and yaw all fight each other for control surfaces, making it uncontrollable. I switched the ones on the wingtips to be roll, those near the body to be pitch, and the tail surface to be yaw, which makes it really easy to steer, even if you need to pitch, yaw and roll at the same time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: February 02, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »

SABRE's can be fixed with instructions on the official forums.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »

That was the fiddling in question; I suppose I should get around to that now that I have them unlocked. :P
Oh, and apparently this design is incredible stable in the re-entry glide. It won't even let you nose up or down more than about 20 degrees on re-entry until your velocity is below 300. And when you get it down below 5km and 200 m/s, it actually will automatically correct itself to by parallel with the ground. Now I just need to figure out how to stop my rapier clusters from burning up the VTOLs when they switch to rocket engines...

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: February 03, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »

Fixed how? Please elucidate, or link. Thanks!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: February 03, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »

Fixed how? Please elucidate, or link. Thanks!

I don't remember. You can find it about as quickly as I can. It's mentioned in the last 5-10 pages.

Stumbled on this today: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes
That's not all the fixes. There should be at least one more for sabre's.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:31:35 pm by BigD145 »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »

Finally got a nearly working SSTO spaceplane with the Interstellar Quest mods.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's got quite a massive payload space (big enough for an orange tank, plus some); though it still needs a few tweaks that could get it fully orbital. 10 rapiers and 6 subsonic engines on the main wing, as well as VTOL engines on the back to improve its ability to pitch up or down as needed.

Is there a mod pack for the Interstellar quest mods?
Seems like a lot of work to get them all :(

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: February 05, 2014, 01:52:21 pm »

It's got quite a massive payload space (big enough for an orange tank, plus some); though it still needs a few tweaks that could get it fully orbital. 10 rapiers and 6 subsonic engines on the main wing, as well as VTOL engines on the back to improve its ability to pitch up or down as needed.

I have some free time lemme make it for you all.
Set phasers to tsun.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: February 05, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »

RemoteTech2 is still off. It doesn't like KAS.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8109 on: February 05, 2014, 01:56:52 pm »

It doesn't even take all that long... maybe 10 minutes.  You just download them and put em in a folder.

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: February 05, 2014, 02:27:20 pm »

I have some free time lemme make it for you all.

http://www.multiupload.nl/O20H5XKAO4 beep boop modpacks :D
Set phasers to tsun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8111 on: February 05, 2014, 02:36:33 pm »

Hey look, it took him less than half an hour.

Lazy bums. :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: February 05, 2014, 02:48:05 pm »

Yes, but are they tweaked to work properly together?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8113 on: February 05, 2014, 02:48:41 pm »

In what way?

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: February 05, 2014, 02:50:30 pm »

deadly re-entry tweaked, tested with ksp, everything seems in order.
Set phasers to tsun.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 848