Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448481 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Yah, but I also want an excuse to learn to make cyclers.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

So... my careermode save, which I've has since career mode's initial release, is now 168 years old.

Should I just backup my VTOL and my Duna rocket and start over?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yah, but I also want an excuse to learn to make cyclers.
You could have space stations transferring resources and research between each other.
Win-Win situation!
in kerbin-duna transfers?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds iffy.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is already at least one mod working on custom contracts. Unfortunately it looks like they have to be compiled into a dll, so no easy custom contracts from any joe schmo.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Here's what my space program has been up to today:

Yes, that's a Mun lander, and yes, it's stranded. Thankfully the contracts don't care for returning the data, and it's got plenty of power to transmit.

Brief history of why it has a probe unit on top and why it's hilarious, summed up with the list of active contracts at launch:

* Return or transmit data from space around the Mun. (Complete!)
* Explore the Mun:
  - Establish orbit around the Mun. (Complete!)
  - Return or transmit science data from orbit around the Mun. (Complete!)
  - Land on the Mun. (Complete!)
  - Return or transmit data from the surface of the Mun. (Complete!)
* Plant a flag on the Mun. (Complete!)
* Rescue Mitnard Kerman from orbit around Kerbin:
  - Get Mitnard Kerman aboard a vessel. (Complete!)
  - Return home and recover Mitnard Kerman. (Uh...)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I hope they are going to add missions someday though, missions to move things between worlds might be nice.
Given the way the devs are doing things (or at least saying how they're doing things), contracts as they are now are merely establishing the groundwork, with additional content upcoming in later updates.

Still, i can't wait for the modders to do all sorts of wonderful things with the system.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's a Mun lander, and yes, it's stranded. Thankfully the contracts don't care for returning the data, and it's got plenty of power to transmit.

Indeed, that is a Mun lander. It is not a Mun leaver. The side tanks should be dropable and you need another 300 or so fuel.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

So because I Winzipped my KSP stuffs into temporary files on accident, I just lost KSP, my career save, and generally stuffs.

On the other hand, it gives me an excuse to download the 64 bit version instead (don't know why I did 32 at first) and means I don't have to rescue Dundrigh from the Mun.

Also gonna get that mod with the part returning and play in full IRONMAN mode. Just because.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed, that is a Mun lander. It is not a Mun leaver. The side tanks should be dropable and you need another 300 or so fuel.
What it actually turned out to need was three more standard tanks and six more boosters in the lifter stage. The rescue vehicle that came after Mitnard was mostly the same design, just without the science stuffs. It did a pretty hard landing, losing two outer engines and breaking three legs (I should really work on slope landings), but was intact enough for Mitnard to transfer most of the experimental data from the other craft aboard and leave, returning safely to Kerbin.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

And a thruster of some sort.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just having fun making a parody space agency:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Here's what my space program has been up to today:

Brief history of why it has a probe unit on top and why it's hilarious, summed up with the list of active contracts at launch:

* Return or transmit data from space around the Mun. (Complete!)
* Explore the Mun:
  - Establish orbit around the Mun. (Complete!)
  - Return or transmit science data from orbit around the Mun. (Complete!)
  - Land on the Mun. (Complete!)
  - Return or transmit data from the surface of the Mun. (Complete!)
* Plant a flag on the Mun. (Complete!)
* Rescue Mitnard Kerman from orbit around Kerbin:
  - Get Mitnard Kerman aboard a vessel. (Complete!)
  - Return home and recover Mitnard Kerman. (Uh...)
That looks like a dude with big ears and a big nose.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been testing the two new 0.24 engines in sandbox mode. The Vernors/Verniers are going to be incredibly useful to a lot of designs, not least of which are spaceplanes - a lot of times you're hauling a good amount of RCS fuel with you, which ends up hurting performance. The Monoprop Engines are a different kind of awesome. Four engines and a large 2.5m RCS tank make the perfect Mun lander base. Stick a Lander Can on top, some instruments, landing legs, and parachutes, and it can return to Kerbin from the Munar surface with a comfortable margin. Of course, it'll probably need assistance to land, or the margin will become rather small, but on the overall it looks very good.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

On an unrelated note, has anyone else been having trouble with the Chrome browser when KSP is loading up since the last patch? I seem to have the tabs, buttons, and address bar lock up for the left mouse button whenever I boot up KSP .24 x64.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 848