Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443963 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Done by atleast three mods, Skillful, BD's Armory and Lazor weapons pack.

-Edit-
Frickin ninja
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the blunted nose seemed to make the aerodynamics unusable.

Interesting.  The Wiki says that it does not reduce drag (as of some versions ago) but as of .22 nosecones make crafts "more stable in atmosphere".. Which suggests that there is no fuel savings, just stability enhancements?

Do the mods refactor the drag model based on... i dont know, cross section or silhouette?  Or do they just give the nosecones some sort of negative drag?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

E:
BTW, I remember there being a mod that allowed you to transfer resources between parts of your ship easily, but I forgot the name.

Ctrl+click?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

E:
BTW, I remember there being a mod that allowed you to transfer resources between parts of your ship easily, but I forgot the name.

Ctrl+click?
*Alt

Also, Space Bananas.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

*alt + rightclick
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Thus the question mark :P I knew it was vanilla, just forgot which modifier key it was.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

TAC Areospace fuel balancer. It's essential.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup. Still works in .24. Also game breaking sorta as it does what stock parts won't do to some extent which is move some fuel across docking ports.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yup. Still works in .24. Also game breaking sorta as it does what stock parts won't do to some extent which is move some fuel across docking ports.
Thanks, that's the thing I wanted. Refueling stations aren't going to be very useful without it :V

E:
Spoiler: welp (click to show/hide)

You can't tell by the image, but I was spinning uncontrollably.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:16:09 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, that's the thing I wanted. Refueling stations aren't going to be very useful without it :V

E:
Spoiler: welp (click to show/hide)

You can't tell by the image, but I was spinning uncontrollably.
I found out with control surface if you dont decrease their max angle in the VAB they tend to make your ship do crazy stuff at some point due to *resonation* Max attack i give them is about 5-6 instead of the whole 15
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem isn't resonation, my ship just seems to topple over whenever I put heavy things on top and the incontrollable spinning is an attempt to stop that.
Hmmmm.
I wish I had gimballed boosters.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heavy things on top is part of your problem, but you also have a flexibility issue there, too.  Slap on some struts to tie the wide bulges together and reinforce that one skinny connection point where it is bending. 

I have made some top heavy designs also (9x lander carriers) and one of the keys is rigidity.  And a little RCS does not hurt to get through the atmosphere, but I usually fly without it.

If you have SAS or other control on the top, and a skinny little neck, then it will bend your rocket instead of steering your rocket.  the air resistance will tend to bend your rocket on its own, if you are at all less than perfect in your balance.  even with gimbaled engines.

Those tips about limiting control surfaces, I would have never thought of that.  Sounds totally reasonable, will have to try it out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

strut strut strut strut.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

NO.

He must learn to pilot the S.S. Wet Noodle before he can go to space. It is now required.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I HAVE lots of struts.
But I did put some SAS on top because I thought it would help, maybe I should remove that...

Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 848