Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448654 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10140 on: September 02, 2014, 10:56:26 pm »

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID.

Still epicfailed.

Even now that "everything" has been internalized B9 is just such a hassle of managing tertiary mods and plugins and miscellaneous junk that its just not worth the bother.

B9 5.0 gives it all to you. You just copy it over. I'm not seeing the issue.
I copied it over into my KSP and then KSP wouldn't run. That is the issue. Also as others have said despite it "giving it all to you" it STILL requires texture compression/management nonsense and general convoluted faffery that makes me want to bash my head through my desk.

Quite simply the issue is you CAN'T "just copy it over" like every other mod ever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10141 on: September 03, 2014, 08:18:59 am »

I hope you're not running ksp 64bit. Until Unity gets its act together and fully supports 64bit, which it should have done from the beginning, texture compression is a necessity. B9 does have a few incompatibilities, mostly in the things it internalizes. Most mod plugins do not like multiples of themselves because the creators coded them that way. A few, like tweakscale, have changed because other mods use their own alteration of tweakscale. Mod versions change almost daily. Update first and then start removing mods to see what's breaking things. You might also want more than 2gb of RAM.

Q: I run out memory

Blame Squad :^)
Seriously now, here's something you can try: Install Active Texture Management, run KSP with the -force-opengl argument, delete the B9_Aerospace_DEPRECATED folder, if you're already converted all the crafts that would open properly. Finally, you can try deleting the parts you don't need. Its a big pack, don't be shy to push that delete button.

edit: Fun times to be had launching from here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:35:46 pm by BigD145 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: September 03, 2014, 08:04:52 pm »

I hope you're not running ksp 64bit.

Nope, and the rest of your reply shows exactly why I don't B9, from your description I would have to check and re-check EVERY. MOD. I. USE.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: September 03, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »

I ran B9 with 64bit.
The game dident crash with it either.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »

Nope, and the rest of your reply shows exactly why I don't B9, from your description I would have to check and re-check EVERY. MOD. I. USE.

You have to do that with mods already. If you're not then you're probably playing with some nasty bugs.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:39:16 pm by BigD145 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: September 03, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »

You have to do that with mods already. If you're not then you're probably playing with some nasty bugs.
Not really, so long as you create totally new games for each major release and get the latest mod version for the new release every time it works perfectly.
EXCEPT FOR B9.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: September 04, 2014, 06:19:26 am »

You have to download another mod to get B9 to work.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: September 04, 2014, 04:35:36 pm »

B9 now requires NEAR or FAR. THAT is disappointing. That is a very big dependency that changes everything atmospheric.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:38:48 pm by BigD145 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: September 04, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »

I use FAR almost all the time anyway since I find the vanilla flight physics jarringly inaccurate.  Because of that it's not a big deal to me, but yea it's a little disappointing to no longer have the option.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: September 04, 2014, 08:44:45 pm »

It's not "required", the stock aerodynamic model just isn't supported by the modders anymore. All the parts should still work, it's just that all balancing and bugfixing will be performed with the assumption you are using NEAR/FAR. It seems like kind of an odd stance but I guess it's understandable when there's no indication that the stock model will be improved in the near future.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: September 05, 2014, 08:46:16 am »

New plane reaches 200m/s ON THE RUNWAY and hits 700m/s before it hits 1000 meters high. This is hilarious.

Still haven't managed to make deadly reentry kill it while EXITING the atmosphere yet :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:10:38 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: September 05, 2014, 11:26:57 am »

SRBs work well for that.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: September 05, 2014, 11:52:14 am »

SRBs work well for that.
No boosters. Using thermal turbojets from interstellar. Not even using microwave power either, using fusion reactors in a compact enough design can give you ungodly levels of thrust-to-weight. Using FAR.

Not only that, but adding precoolers has ensured it can fly at 8-9 hundred m/s while under 2000 meters without the engines exploding (unlike before where they would overheat)

Its a BITCH to turn though.
Its kinda sad when the most practical way to land your plane is to literally fly it completely around the planet in a straight line.

Indeed, I do this.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: September 05, 2014, 12:44:37 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxJ9B632PA4&feature=youtu.be
Yeah, pretty much. You have to stop completely before turning or bad things happen. Also make sure to go straight down slopes. You might want to copy the craft's file to the Space Plane Hanger and launch from the runway.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 848