Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448636 times)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10350 on: October 05, 2014, 11:40:34 pm »

Wow. Pressing ALT to turn off surface attach. That will be brilliant.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10351 on: October 06, 2014, 02:30:15 am »

Are they adding more hidden button without a corresponding UI?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: October 06, 2014, 02:52:20 am »

It's a momentary button, so of course they do.

Even though I do occasionally feel the need for onscreen WASDQE controls, as well as CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT modifiers for clicking various things in different contexts, I am not really expecting these to ever be made. There just isn't need. You kinda need a keyboard to play this game anyway. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: October 07, 2014, 05:55:53 pm »

That new version got released.

I'm in sandbox mode right now, and I have duplicates of all the old parts.

EDIT: I went into the Gamedata/Squad/Parts folder and deleted everything that was here before today, but the duplicates are still there. Fire Squad immediately
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:27:41 pm by IronTomato »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: October 07, 2014, 06:39:41 pm »

.25 has plenty of little frustrating things.

for example when you eva, the kerbal is propelled and never tick to the ladder. the old problem of the kerbal not being able to catch the ladder if oddly oriented in space is worsened, and all in all eva's have become extremely annoying.

the strategies seem a bit off as well: I have got both science strategies, converting 25% of prestige and 10% of cash on science, and I get 100% more science (at least by contracts) - I wonder if I enable them all I have a overall net gain of all three resources.

also it applies to cash advances which means you can take contract and unlock the science tree. works as intended probably, but.

also, sometime all the map become unresponsive, you cannot add nodes and cannot set targets

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: October 07, 2014, 06:42:58 pm »

That new version got released.

I'm in sandbox mode right now, and I have duplicates of all the old parts.

EDIT: I went into the Gamedata/Squad/Parts folder and deleted everything that was here before today, but the duplicates are still there. Fire Squad immediately

0.25 has duplicates for transitional reasons. Atmospheric parts all got tweaked with SpacePlane+. They will go away by 0.26 and all saves will be broken in some way when that happens. Vehicles will disappear that had those old parts. It's all by design.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: October 07, 2014, 06:48:02 pm »

Also, some of the control surfaces, wings and fuselage show up as the old ones, even though they look fine during assembly.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: October 07, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This shows up when I try to download .25
WTF?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: October 07, 2014, 07:20:46 pm »

From the launcher, the site or Steam?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: October 07, 2014, 07:22:57 pm »

Yeah, the main site download server is under major pressure. I will likely end up waiting a total of 3-4 hours for mine. 1.5 hours to go.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:32:29 pm by BigD145 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: October 07, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »

the site yeah.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: October 07, 2014, 08:21:52 pm »

Luckily I got mine extra early. Lolololololol

The bug with the new parts that I mentioned before hasn't happened again, though. Not sure what that was all about.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:47 pm »

From the launcher, the site or Steam?

Steam had problems that were fixed within minutes that were entirely the fault of Squad.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: October 08, 2014, 01:36:19 am »

Anyone have thoughts on TAC vs Interstellar Life Support?

I've been using TAC, but new version means time to restart csmpaign and I'm wondering what's best for LS mods...

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:11 am »

Anybody else here playing Hard Mode?

I find it much more gratifying that when a mission goes wrong, I just have to take the loss, making the successes that much more meaningful.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand I just lost the game, with a catastrophic failure on the launch pad. Now I can't can't afford to repair the launch pad... Oh, i guess i could launch a rocket from the runway!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:52:59 am by ank »
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 848