Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448547 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10395 on: October 09, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »

it's still alpha, sounds like you played the first or second version of it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10396 on: October 10, 2014, 07:40:23 am »

Well, if you're already on that level, then I once again suggest FAR. It makes aerodynamics actually...aerodynamic, instead of "lolol I can fly"

Other suggestions, once they update include Deadly Reentry, TAC Life Support, and probably KAS. This combination will give you a very realistic experience, and results in lots of learning, as well as plenty of exploding.

I also recommend Interstellar, because Interstellar is just amazing.

Basically if you watch Scott Manley videos (and you should) then these are the most important components of his "Interstellar Quest" modset.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: October 10, 2014, 07:53:30 am »

I'd like to counter-recommend the Near Future Technologies pack, especially if you're going for a "realistic" experience. Interstellar is anything but.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:28 am »

I'd like to counter-recommend the Near Future Technologies pack, especially if you're going for a "realistic" experience. Interstellar is anything but.
Interstellar is based on real theories. The addition of radiators and changes to the seismic experiment add challenges. It also doesn't work well yet in 0.25. The techtree mod it uses hasn't worked right since 0.23.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: October 10, 2014, 09:15:02 am »

There is "based on real theories", and there is "based on real technological developments". NFT is based on real developments that simply haven't been put into general use yet. Hall, NEXT, HiPEP, DS4G, PIT, MPDT, VASIMR - they're all real thrusters that at the very least existed as prototypes at some point. And its nuclear reactors are much more reasonable and are wired into the regular craft electrical system, so they can work alongside the solar panels and the high-density capacitors.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:03 am »

I just bought the game which mods do you guys recomend? (0.25)
Wait a bit until Kerbal Engineer updates, it's an incredibly useful mod that gives you a lot of useful numbers (Especially height above surface, which is incredibly useful for landings and knowing when to turn off the 4x physwarp when landing with parachutes) You can also get mechjeb but I don't really use it that much, especially not in career games.

That's really the only "essential" mod since I think the features of enhanced navball were made stock.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: October 10, 2014, 11:28:53 am »

MechJeb is updated and gives you the numbers you might need. Engineer is often not updated and/or throws bad numbers at you in the VAB.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10402 on: October 10, 2014, 11:30:58 am »

That's odd, it seems good to me...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: October 10, 2014, 11:40:23 am »

I've used Engineer and watched a lot of twitch streams. Many people use Engineer and I see them struggle with it fairly often. Every other stream someone is yelling at Engineer.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: October 10, 2014, 11:43:24 am »

KER works for me even when not updated. And it's already updated for 0.25 - I'm just lazy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: October 11, 2014, 03:02:30 pm »

And now for something completely different: Meet the Fright of Flight.

Yes, it flies. No, it has no wings or control surfaces. Yes, it takes off horizontally. No, those only two vertically-oriented engines in the front can't keep it flying by themselves. Yes, it can land. No, I didn't stick that landing on the first try. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: October 11, 2014, 03:05:37 pm »

thrust vectoring counts as control surfaces :I

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: October 11, 2014, 03:09:49 pm »

I think it's more the ASAS modules. :P

I can give it a try with all gimbals disabled, if you like. ;)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: October 11, 2014, 07:03:44 pm »

D'you guys have any mod wishes? Like, features you want in mods.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: October 11, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »

D'you guys have any mod wishes? Like, features you want in mods.

If the mods I already use stay usable in every future version with the features they have now, I would still be pretty damn happy. I mean we have Interstellar, KAS, FAR, TAC, and Deadly Reentry....what more do we really need?

I mean its obviously awesome that they keep adding MOAR, but frankly I'm already ecstatic about the features they have right now. They'll undoubtedly come up with something else to wow me, but I'm very content with the way KSP modding is overall.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 848