Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443854 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10410 on: October 11, 2014, 09:02:09 pm »

D'you guys have any mod wishes? Like, features you want in mods.

One thing which the game desperately needs is a way to view centre of mass/lift/thrust while in flight. I'd like for there to be less guesswork when balancing a spaceplane for landing.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10411 on: October 11, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »

Center of mass is what the camera's centered on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: October 12, 2014, 01:49:12 am »

I want that mod that added differential thrust to be finished.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: October 12, 2014, 02:07:24 am »

A realism mod which changes ISP scaling so it affects thrust rather than fuel consumption would probably be welcome. I don't think anyone's done that yet.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: October 12, 2014, 02:25:08 am »

Thrust affects thrust.  Isp affects thrust-to-consumption ratio.

Is this not proper?  If Isp is just a thrust-to-weight ratio, it can be derived and does not need its own rating.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: October 12, 2014, 02:35:04 am »

Thrust affects thrust.  Isp affects thrust-to-consumption ratio.

Is this not proper?  If Isp is just a thrust-to-weight ratio, it can be derived and does not need its own rating.
ISP affects thrust-to-consumption ratio, yes, but the point is that RL engines don't gain consumption for the same thrust when their ISP is changed by atmospheric pressure, they lose thrust, but still consume the same fuel.

Near Future Propulsion has implemented that change for its electric engines, but it rather breaks all existing atmospheric dV and TWR predictions by KER and MJ.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: October 12, 2014, 03:00:02 am »

I'd like a mod that allows us to place some road (racetracks) or terrain (rover terrain testing) near the KSP.  Hopefully in a customizable way.  I spend quite a bit of time designing rovers and I've taken to trying to design some high speed jetcars reminicent of F-Zero.  A customizable place to properly test such things would be grand.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: October 12, 2014, 03:09:10 am »

They're not customizable, but the Kerbin-Side mod adds a whole lot of, well, Kerbin-side facilities for you to do test runs on.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: October 12, 2014, 03:15:41 am »

A realism mod which changes ISP scaling so it affects thrust rather than fuel consumption would probably be welcome. I don't think anyone's done that yet.

Not quite exactly that, I think, but there is this mod, the ISP Difficulty Scaler.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: October 12, 2014, 03:16:53 am »

They're not customizable, but the Kerbin-Side mod adds a whole lot of, well, Kerbin-side facilities for you to do test runs on.

Me likey.  That will certainly spiffy things up.  Who knows I might be able to use it to refrence how to add structures of my own for potential of making my own buildings and roadways.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: October 12, 2014, 03:49:08 am »

porting and rebalancing of pre-0.2 goonparts would be pretty fucking great thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: October 12, 2014, 04:18:18 am »

the only results for that on google is bay 12?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:49 am »

mostly because the entire fansite that stuff has been hosted on is 404d by now but okay

here's good ol' bfe5000 instead

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10423 on: October 12, 2014, 01:03:52 pm »

I'd like to have a bunch of miscellaneous kerbal-scale tools and stuff, like a freight container or KAS-ready jackhammer or maybe one of the carts that run around KCS. Then I could airdrop them or leave them around my moon base.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: October 12, 2014, 02:23:55 pm »

Y'know what I always wanted to do? Recreate the opening scene from Heavy Metal in KSP. The one where a space shuttle drops a car from orbit and this somehow works.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 848