Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448310 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that problem likely resulted from the mun's terrain at the landing site not being perfectly flat.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why the modules of my stations are horizontal. Much easier to line docking ports then. Harder to land however. wheels are extremely useful.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Is it on landing gear? With an action group you could thrust upward with RCS, and lock suspension at the right height.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

How?? Build the entire station in the VAB, then save each chunk as a subassembly?
That or assemble it somewhere with a skycrane.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

No. Both modules have RCS, but the lower one had a probe core and the batteries ran out. The new module has a solar array, but can't transfer that power until they're linked.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Stress fractures and fires may not be RNG issues, but unless you want to play Kerbal Back Office and Logistics Simulator, you'll have to settle for random abstractions of failure.

Hey, maybe one of the policies could increase or decrease the odds of a failure, by eithee cutting budgetary corners or padding.
thing is though, random "lol you die now" is never really fun.

KSP isnt really flexible enough to do Apollo 13 style stuff, imo.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:23:18 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

this is why you test on kerbin
How?? Build the entire station in the VAB, then save each chunk as a subassembly?
Assemble each section and save them in the VAB. You can use the 'merge' button I believe to load another ship in. Then try connecting them and seeing the height difference.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Stress fractures and fires may not be RNG issues, but unless you want to play Kerbal Back Office and Logistics Simulator, you'll have to settle for random abstractions of failure.
Or you could wait for the failures that YOU will inevitably bring to the table when you misjudge something. Look at RedKing down there, his Mun Base is fucked because he didn't standardize docking port height well enough.
It is much more immersive and fun to fail because YOU fucked something up then it is to fail because LOLTEHRANDOMS.

This is why I feel bad when cheating if I didn't bring enough dV, but not when my ship explodes for literally no reason.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay so I am having some weirdness trying to make planes in 1.02. My pitch controls on the wings of my planes are sometimes inverse to what is expected (they pitch down when I want to pitch up, and vice versa). Any explanation for this?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

They automatically adjust to being in front of or behind the center of lift, apparently. I freaked out about that the first couple times, too, but they still work fine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay so I am having some weirdness trying to make planes in 1.02. My pitch controls on the wings of my planes are sometimes inverse to what is expected (they pitch down when I want to pitch up, and vice versa). Any explanation for this?
Well if what happened when Scott Manley's dad and bro tried to spaceplane is any indication, you MIGHT have flipped a control surface for forward sweep and it fucked the everything

Indeed, I do this.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

11 million kilometers, and my engineers were off by a crucial 0.5m or so.
Very tempted to nuke the whole base from orbit and start over.
My solution to that is install kerbal inventory system then kerbal attachment system, bring a screwdriver then reposition the docking port, then remove the mods as they seem to cause random lag spikes with it either loading or regenerating the inventory images every 10 seconds or so.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They automatically adjust to being in front of or behind the center of lift, apparently. I freaked out about that the first couple times, too, but they still work fine.

No, it certainly is not working proper. Pitch up should not be diving my nose down.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if what happened when Scott Manley's dad and bro tried to spaceplane is any indication, you MIGHT have flipped a control surface for forward sweep and it fucked the everything
ERHERM

Indeed, I do this.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ERHERM

Then I just dont understand. I mean, I've done it the same way on this plane as I have other planes and it works, but its just jacked up. I even removed a few parts then it worked fine.
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 848