Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448148 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

try right clicking the surface in the hangar, set it to "inverted" if you need to... also helps if you don't have all parts set to all axis all the time. Yaw parts on yaw, roll parts on roll, pitch parts on pitch.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

try right clicking the surface in the hangar, set it to "inverted" if you need to... also helps if you don't have all parts set to all axis all the time. Yaw parts on yaw, roll parts on roll, pitch parts on pitch.

Tried that, didn't do anything. And I do set the axis's on the parts appropriately too. Yes it is a weird issue.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always found that putting all surfaces to the "extended" position in the hangar usually helps...it allows you to see if any surfaces go opposite the rest...just turn it off when you are done

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I'm actually quite proud of myself tonight. My first Minmus Mining Colony is now active :D

http://imgur.com/a/5P12h

can we even embed IMGUR galleries on this forum?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then I just dont understand. I mean, I've done it the same way on this plane as I have other planes and it works, but its just jacked up. I even removed a few parts then it worked fine.
That happened to me when I flipped an advanced canard around while attempting to make a 1.0 version of Macey Dean's Isprit VTOL. It behaved the opposite it should have until I flipped it back around. I'm not sure if it affects all control surfaces, but it is definitely a prevalent issue. Someone should do some tests and report it as a bug if it hasn't been already.

Also, I feel a bit sorry for Macey. He comes back after over a year of absence and then the 1.0 update immediately breaks two of his signature fighters.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then I just dont understand. I mean, I've done it the same way on this plane as I have other planes and it works, but its just jacked up. I even removed a few parts then it worked fine.
That happened to me when I flipped an advanced canard around while attempting to make a 1.0 version of Macey Dean's Isprit VTOL. It behaved the opposite it should have until I flipped it back around. I'm not sure if it affects all control surfaces, but it is definitely a prevalent issue. Someone should do some tests and report it as a bug if it hasn't been already.
Oh no, this is happening with ailerons on my wings. They are attached in the right direction.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That I haven't seen. Mind posting a picture? Preferably with the center of mass indicator on.
                        - Random human lord

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...I had a mission to just fly by the Mun...so I made a little science craft to do so, stuffed Valentina in the craft and then sent her off.

Once at the Min I realized I had a lot of DV left and decided to head to Minmus. I managed to map it with the basic ScanSat altimetry radar. Lo and behold I still had a good amount of DV left and despite having rounded the Mun a few times I wasn't able to get into polar orbit because the DV cost was too high.

On the way from Minmus to the Mun I set myself up for polar orbit and scanned it as well...

Then things get messy. I had set myself up in a bad way and didn't have the DV to get back to Kerbin so the best I could do was set her up on a large orbit around Kerbin and have her await rescue.

I have no docking parts yet (almost have one unlocked) so the rescue craft is more or less made to meet her in orbit and push her until the craft is able to skim Kerbin atmosphere and just naturally slow down.

I am playing with TAC life support and I accidentally gave her what I thought was way to much in the way of supplies

Now I am happy I did because I also use Kerbal Construction Time so the rescue ship, and some research to make it happen is taking a little over a week to make while poor Valentina floats around helplessly.

I am having a lot of fun with it...and that ship has over 150 science on it so I really need to rescue it lol

On am unrelated note I am also finding the Dang It mod to be rather enjoyable...gives the engineer way more purpose and I am glad to have found put you can do inspections and preventative maintenance...so it's not just sitting and waiting for random failures. Rather you can plan and execute EVA based maintenance to prevent failure

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm getting an unusual bug, whenever I enter timewarp on the Launchpad my entire craft shifts slightly over towards the right.
I'm going to disable most of my mods to see if I can track the culprit.
EDIT: Huh, it seems a fresh install of 1.0.2 does this anyway.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:44:12 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, yet another promising SSTLAB concept has been brought spiraling back to Earth Kerbin by the unyielding brutality of Newtonian physics. The Solitude Mk.2, while implementing several improvements over its predecessor, once again failed to balance the requirements of dV, TWR and flyability. Here it is in its final iteration:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For my final attempt I will return to my original plan of ion drives and rapiers. Nuclear thermal powered SSTLABs may be possible, but the precise balance required to create them is beyond me. This last attempt will need to be as minimalistic as possible to keep part count and ion burn time reasonable. Above all, I need to minimize the delta-V needed from the Rapier's rocket mode for the ascent into orbit. I'd like to see if I can get it down to 1000 m/s. If I can achieve that, everything else will be child's play.
                        - Random human lord

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

11 million kilometers, and my engineers were off by a crucial 0.5m or so.
Very tempted to nuke the whole base from orbit and start over.
My solution to that is install kerbal inventory system then kerbal attachment system, bring a screwdriver then reposition the docking port, then remove the mods as they seem to cause random lag spikes with it either loading or regenerating the inventory images every 10 seconds or so.

So, I did this. This is a thing I did.

The doing of the thing has not rectified my problem. I was able to realign the docking port, and use the last trace of RCS in the larger module to line them up but it STILL WON'T DOCK.  :'(

Stupid question -- do both crafts have to have electric power for the docking clamps to lock?

EDIT: AHA! Turns out I was the victim of a known bug that can result when quicksaving before a docking attempt and then reloading. The state of one of the ports got stuck in "Acquire" rather than "Ready". Manually edited the persistent.sfs and restarted the game and voila!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:58:16 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting an unusual bug, whenever I enter timewarp on the Launchpad my entire craft shifts slightly over towards the right.

I've had a similar thing happening in vanilla ksp. As soon as I entered timewarp my plane would tip downwards slightly, which is quite annoying while trying to fly at a relatively straight altitude over a long period.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I've had a similar thing happening in vanilla ksp. As soon as I entered timewarp my plane would tip downwards slightly, which is quite annoying while trying to fly at a relatively straight altitude over a long period.

That is less a bug and more "How physical timewarp works"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

It accelerates the physics, yeah. That's why it always says not to use it with giant ships, because they tend to rip themselves apart at high t-warp.
Black lives matter.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is less a bug and more "How physical timewarp works"

I wasn't sure, so that's why I called it a 'thing' instead of a bug.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 848