Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448710 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And 1.1 is out.

I haven't had very long to look at it, but it appears to run better than before. The game was updated to run on Unity 5 which helps performance a lot.

Good, it's doing everything it is supposed to. This was a unity update and that's almost it. Some part info in flight updates, but mostly 5 and x64 windows.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

I thought 1.1 was supposed to come with a bunch of other features? It seems kind of lackluster for something that's taken 11 months or so to come out unfortunately. I get that migrating the codebase to Unity 5 is a big project, but it seems like kind of a letdown after that wait.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Well, wheels reworked, a few QOL features, new UI, I think a trio of new parts... and something that caused my game to crash with a fresh install after about... twenty min of playing?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I thought 1.1 was supposed to come with a bunch of other features? It seems kind of lackluster for something that's taken 11 months or so to come out unfortunately. I get that migrating the codebase to Unity 5 is a big project, but it seems like kind of a letdown after that wait.

all internal stuff. better wheel physics is the major, apart from windows 64 bit support. all the other things have been postponed, but you can have a cutaway of cockpits now that gives you a one-two directly to the framerate

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The big-ole heatshield of awesomeness is new.
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

So mostly internal stuff.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Theres also a new comms dish, and other things I probably missed.
Also, I am now wondering if Flabort is also known as the Bagel Rabbit... which is really itching at my brain....
Highly Opinionated Fool

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Theres also a new comms dish, and other things I probably missed.
Also, I am now wondering if Flabort is also known as the Bagel Rabbit... which is really itching at my brain....
Since all comms dishes are exactly the same atm its kinda pointless to make a new one :P

And WHY WOULD YOU BE WONDERING THAT??
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never understood why there are multiple comms items and the later ones are heavier and yet worse (iirc).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I've never understood why there are multiple comms items and the later ones are heavier and yet worse (iirc).

spiegone:
http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/124741707054/daily-kerbal-bonus-article-development-relay

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

If you use the mod that makes probes have to have relayed wire contact, the higher tier comms items are definitely all different and useful. Dishes are direction and the longer the range the smaller the arc, so you can't just slap the highest tier on everything because if you're on Mun or Minus to Kerbin, it's kinda useless :P The antenna ones are all-directions but quite short range, the highest tier one covers all of Kerbin's gravity field, I think.

edit: I'm kinda disappointed that they decided the stock antenna system will entirely remove the aspect of communications relay management :(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:55:01 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to that, you can just put it on hard?

Also, what version is that going to be in if it's not in 1.1?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They did not announce what version the communications network changes would be in, only that they pushed it out past 1.1.

There are still nightly builds of RemoteTech on Github, so it looks like that will continue to be supported.  That is probably the best "communications network" mod out there, and in it's current form is more detailed than what they described would be in available in stock.

I do have a complaint about it though:  the most advanced antennas are omnis, with greater range and less power draw than some directional. 

I would prefer to see the higher range antennas be directional, and only the lower range ones be omni, with power draw proportional to range and coverage.

I understand that they may be using omni as an emulation of highly directional with the computing to dynamically shift targets... but... it just irks me somehow.  Like that kind of abstraction does not fit with the way the rest of the simulation is simplified and presented.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long as they work in a decent map that lets me know the coverage and whats going on, that would be great.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you used Remotetech?  It has some good connectivity and coverage overlays for the solarsystem map.  Gets crowded as you have very large networks, but it does the job pretty well.

On an unrelated note... Are the "world first" awards gone?  I'm not getting the achievements / prizes for speed and altitude records in 1.1
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 848