Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61224 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:13 pm »

"what is your favorite class" was probably a rolefishing question too. Why did you ask that anyway?

^^^

You can pretend I didn't say that. I'm now convinced it's not a rolefishing question with the previous few posts.

...Alright, I can't find much else on you for right now so I'm gonna stick to my previous vote. However, I will note that while I don't have any real evidence or anything substantial it was role-fishing, this:

what is your favorite class ?

Sounds a lot more like a role-fish due to following its answer up with this:

So you're quick and deadly, eh?
Where the sudden change of opinion?

For the record "So you're quick and deadly, eh?" was a random reply to show that I acknowledged your answer. Like I said before, even if you would want to be scout, in this game you don't necessarily get to be one.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »

...Alright, I can't find much else on you for right now so I'm gonna stick to my previous vote. However, I will note that while I don't have any real evidence or anything substantial it was role-fishing, this:
Where the sudden change of opinion?

Oh, I'm still convinced it's not a role-fish (your answers makes sense, particularly the last one) but I'm giving you a warning, since that's the kind of thing that someone else would see and vote on you for if you don't back it up well.

If Darvi's here, what do I do if the guy I voted for doesn't show up to answer a few questions?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2011, 12:10:54 pm »

Oh, I'm still convinced it's not a role-fish (your answers makes sense, particularly the last one) but I'm giving you a warning, since that's the kind of thing that someone else would see and vote on you for if you don't back it up well.

So let me get this straight: You think someone else would vote me for that, but you would not. Why so?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2011, 12:11:54 pm »

If Darvi's here, what do I do if the guy I voted for doesn't show up to answer a few questions?

You can just throw some questions to others as well, with or without voting them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2011, 12:18:26 pm »

So let me get this straight: You think someone else would vote me for that, but you would not. Why so?

Because I wasn't able to find any holes in your defense of that, even though I had a strong feeling it was something someone else would have.

So, since I want someone that is tangibly scummy to vote for, let's move on here:

anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?
You tell me.

Why would you say this, instead of just "no" and why not (an explanation/retort)? That sounds like you're expecting it to be a catch-all answer to push the real answer (no or yes) back to kilakan's judgement, instead of being confident about not being scum.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2011, 12:28:16 pm »

Why would you say this, instead of just "no" and why not (an explanation/retort)? That sounds like you're expecting it to be a catch-all answer to push the real answer (no or yes) back to kilakan's judgement, instead of being confident about not being scum.

I know that I am not a scum, but however I do not know what my actions imply* to him.

* ("Imply" as in "To express in a suggestive manner rather than as a direct statement", that is "suggest.")

For clarification: I read his question as "Is this suggesting you are a red spy?", but I guess that might be a wrong interpretation.

Then back to questioning:

Max White, what do you think of the happenings of the day?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ok then I didn't read it as a fluff question, but if you did then answering it with fluff is acceptable.

Did you completely miss the section  about grammar being important?  Talking like a hillbilly won't get you anywhere.  Your answer to that is unsatisfactory, if you know they were crappy questions why did you ask them.  Also how can they be random you had to think of them and as far as I know there is no such thing as a random question generator.

Being a smart-ass is not a good defense.   Also just because it doesn't point towards your class, someone saying spy or soldier colors them as possibly having those classes, which muddies the water for scum hunters.

anzki4-Have you read any of the scum hunting guides or are you just winging it? And then what do you mean "if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well"
"As well" was referring to the fact that lady luck chose him/her for random vote.

As for the other point, define "winging it."
Ok so you unvote after asking a SINGLE question to your initial RVS, and then (even though plenty of posting has occurred) you throw another random RVS out there with a question that would only result in a WIFOM answer?  Knowing someones strategy if they were scum is a pointless thing. 
Unless of course you have played with said person many many times and would already know how they act as scum.  I assume you haven't played with Flintus enough to know him that well?

Seriously you don't know what 'winging it' means?  Or are you being a smart ass again.
Either way here's a definition for winging it from Berretta English.com
SO now answer the fucking question, are you winging it or have you actually bothered to read over any of the scum hunting guides?

anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?
You tell me.
I wasn't asking you if your actions imply you are a red spy.  I was asking if that sentence implies you are a red spy.  As for what I expected you to answer, I wanted a reason for that, which you did give.  Adding on the retort "You tell me." is fucking pointless and just something you would want to say to bolster your ego.
A better comeback would be to actually ask a question with some merit.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2011, 01:27:33 pm »

You can just throw some questions to others as well, with or without voting them.
What is with you answering questions directed to the mod and the IC's fucking stop or get out.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2011, 01:32:25 pm »

Because I wasn't able to find any holes in your defense of that, even though I had a strong feeling it was something someone else would have.

So, since I want someone that is tangibly scummy to vote for, let's move on here:
That is what you use a blue FoS for by the way.  To show that your have a bad feeling about a particular person, to draw others attentions to the fact, but also to state that you are not ready to vote said person yet.

So you want him to vote for you.  Sounds like a pretty scummy move to me, trying to goad people into voting you to show that you don't fear being lynched.  Of course I actually am voting you.

so now to end the triple post.
Nom nom nom

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »

A lot of what kilakan said I wouldn't use as scumtells, but with these things in particular:

Ok so you unvote after asking a SINGLE question to your initial RVS, and then (even though plenty of posting has occurred) you throw another random RVS out there with a question that would only result in a WIFOM answer?  Knowing someones strategy if they were scum is a pointless thing. 
Unless of course you have played with said person many many times and would already know how they act as scum.  I assume you haven't played with Flintus enough to know him that well?
I wasn't asking you if your actions imply you are a red spy.  I was asking if that sentence implies you are a red spy.  As for what I expected you to answer, I wanted a reason for that, which you did give.  Adding on the retort "You tell me." is fucking pointless and just something you would want to say to bolster your ego.
A better comeback would be to actually ask a question with some merit.

Both would normally be blue text on their own (particularly that last one which has now been properly replied to), but together, in addition to my previous doubts, I'm going to unvote and change my vote to anzki4. He's the most scummy-acting person I've seen (and have seen been documented) in the game so far, at least until I can put together something on someone else. And until the lurkers/not-online folk come back.

anzki4, wouldn't it be more beneficial for you if you were a town (it would certainly cast less doubts) to still say, for example, "I'm not scum" rather than "I know that I am not a scum" because the latter seems like a marginally more scummy thing to say.

Though out of curiosity, kilakan, what's so wrong with someone else answering an IC/mod question? If they know the answer.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Because why the fuck not. 7/7+2/2
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:20 pm »

Meanmelter, how do you plan to protect the rest of us?
By not backstabbing you. How do YOU plan to protect the rest of us, including yourself?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Because why the fuck not. 7/7+2/2
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2011, 01:55:30 pm »

Meanmelter, how do you plan to protect the rest of us?
By not backstabbing you. How do YOU plan to protect the rest of us, including yourself?

By narrowing down my lynch choice to the absolute most scummy person I can find. Like just now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »

Oh, and Meanmelter, why would you ask how I plan to protect myself specifically? Why do you care?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:54 pm »

Note: Unless mentioned in the Role PM, no class has any abilities. They're just there for flavor.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:59 pm »

Oh, and Meanmelter, why would you ask how I plan to protect myself specifically? Why do you care?
Why do you care how I plan to protect others? Maybe I plan on just protecting myself. Why are you refusing to answer my questions? Itching to use that knife?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30