Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 931929 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #900 on: May 10, 2012, 05:19:12 pm »

I'd like a game where you're just one individual in a sandbox area, in a vicious tribal setting.  And not as in the stereotyped Aztec, Gallic, type tribes, there could be those, but there must be more variety.

You could live life as an unknown nomad, or join a tribe, make on yourself, do stuff to ensure your tribe's survival, like moving to new hunting and foraging grounds, settling blood feuds by raiding other tribes, etc.

Inspired by the first book in the Conqueror series.
I'd like this too.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Yannanth

« Reply #901 on: May 10, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:05:08 pm by Yannanth »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 10, 2012, 06:17:19 pm »

A sci-fi space race game where control a space organization hoping to make achievements in space before others. There would be a massive tech tree with over 2000+ research options, over 5000+ parts for ships, aliens races, space colonies, galactic wars with modernish space ships, and alien warships :D

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 10, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »

Lol, do you know how ridiculously boring that would be? In the real world, there were diplomatic missions every few years. In the meantime, you just sit at your throne and do fuck all except take money from your serfs. I don't think it's a very good idea due to the enormous delay time for finding out what's happening abroad, and not to mention the very high financial cost of finding out almost any information about what's happening away from your lands (or indeed, in your own lands if you control a large area).

You know how Populous[1] did the whole "God Game" thing by representing the world you're working on as being on a table, with a book in the background giving you the bigger atlas, etc...

...Then how about an interface which is much like a Patrician's desk, with all the papers and such needed for managing one's domain being there on the desk, and when your attention is drawn to a so-far unrepresented area (or periodically, as the clerks who work for you bring in updated information, everything from bits of news to updated geopolitical maps) a new bit of parchment is put into the pile with the relevant information.

There'd be time-delays in gathering this information, although one thing you might do at your desk is to write edicts to set up a better courier route to a given city, or development of everything from pigeon-post to whatever your top tech-level of communications might be.  There'd also be the possibility of errors (or downright misinformation) creeping into this situation is another hurdle to cross.

In fact, you'd be best advised to orchestrate the creation of a covert backchannel or two to augment the official diplomatic communications...  Not that you'd necessarily be able to fully trust these, either, of course...  And orders to the field may also be intercepted and/or changed by your enemies, or misinterpreted/ignored by the actual intended recipients (or 'trusted' intermediaries) in either wilful disobedience or through sheer incompetence.  The tendencies towards which you might well be able to have detected if you ask the right questions or compare the right documents, or even just take notice of the right reports.

So, after all that, there's nothing like trying to put down a rebellion in a distant city with a force of arms that is actually nowhere near the city, or still responding to previous orders, or has been the main reason behind the rebellion in some way or other.

In other words, it'd all be part of the game...  Not that you couldn't (in a suitably time-compressed manner) go on a "Royal Progress", or similar expedition based upon your exact relationship with the territory you control (changing the relative temporal and information separations between oneself and various parts of your empire, in the process), and I could even imagine discarding/covering the glittery (or at least well-groomed) garb of your daily 'rulership', donning a nondescript cloak and sneaking out to mingle with the masses outside of your current citadel, so as to get a bit of 'word on the street' first hand...  With or without a discreet (or otherwise) bodyguard or any way of convincingly throwing off the cowl to reveal your full grandeur and (hopefully!) preventing some wrong being committed against yourself or another...  In the latter case, to reward a loyal subject or noble-acting street-urchin and/or invite them to join your retinue or family, or to be impressed/cowed enough to convince them to become an agent for your wishes (keep their ears to the grounds, set their eyes to the horizon, use their voice to convey your own message more strongly, set their hands towards 'your good/evil works', whatever...).

Oh, the possibilities...

Oh, the coding!!!

(I could see it being a bit populous, a bit war-strategy, but some parts like Thief or of a similar ilk...  And it could be based around just about any genre from Iron Age to Space Age...)

[1] Well, maybe you don't, if you're a young'un.  But take my word for it.  Or I'm sure you can find some sort of screenshots of it without too much searching.  Please don't let me allow the bit of your brain containing your Google-Fu skills become vestigial and withered through inactivity. ;)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 10, 2012, 07:39:36 pm »

Master and commander: The game

or failing that: Napoleonic naval warfare simulator 2012
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 10, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

All of the current mech games make you the pilot, inside the mech.

I say bleh.

I want a kind of game where you can control armed drones- either in a military or "sport" setting, with-
Multiple types of parts, like heads having different cameras that work differently, etc.
Weapon customization, such as being able to purchase modifications
Parts customization as above
Such as you had a generic head, like a UHD-1
You could buy different attachments, like modules, cameras, etc
Let's say you bought for it a large antenna for radar capabilities and a high-powered camera.
Your Head would change names to UHD/C-1 LR, if it was keeping up with the theme, or "UHD Orion-LR". LR is long range, for the camera.

So with the massive ability for parts and weapons to be changed, you could potentially get away with a bank of maybe 12 parts for each category minimum if each one has enough mods.

Basically, I want a fully customizeable mech game with a few new mechanics.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #906 on: May 10, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »

A zombie survival game where you die, your not allowed to play anymore, although you become a zombie, that if it dies the game is over for you.

A non-repetitive base building game, that isnt df.

A ye' old ship game sim, deck scrubbing and galley work and all, use to know one that was close but it got on my nerves with its bubble-pop shit.

A Dark City game, yes the movie, yes it would be single player, yes it would be awsome; or any science fiction noir movie.

An alien character game where the humans are not the good guys/they dont learn they were wrong and repent/is not friendly with the aliens/doesnt remind you of nazis and also the aliens are not a xenomorph/zerg/human in disguise/or impossibly adorible.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 10, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »

A ye' old ship game sim, deck scrubbing and galley work and all, use to know one that was close but it got on my nerves with its bubble-pop shit.
What is "bubble-pop shit", exactly?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 11, 2012, 12:15:50 am »

It sounds very, very, very vaguely to me like it might maybe be referencing "Yohoho Puzzle Pirates" since 'bubble pop shit' is a decent description of some of the minigames and the game does have a lot of pseudo-realistic roles that the various characters have to fill to keep the ship working, like setting the sails, pumping the bilge, repairing the ship, et cetera.
Nothing important here, move along.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #909 on: May 11, 2012, 02:34:23 pm »

Yes, that is the game I'm referencing for that, havent played it in forever, only thing I remember about it is the annoying bubble pop shit.

Also a non-text based game based on Cube would be interesting.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

sajathanthan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 16, 2012, 09:24:51 am »

i found this article someone just wrote yesterday on games they wish existed... some pretty good ideas..http://www.thatsyogarbage.com/three-games-i-wish-existed/

I want a pokemon MMORPG game, where battling, trading and a whole bunch more doesnt make you jump thru crazy hoops to do.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:36 am »

I want a pokemon MMORPG game, where battling, trading and a whole bunch more doesnt make you jump thru crazy hoops to do.

*cough* new World of Warcraft expansion *cough hack wheeze*

KG

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »

A very moddable infinite-world engine that supported minecraft-like terrain (but smoother and more finely-grained :P) and realistic physics (dynamic destructability, dynamic gravity, realistic momentum, acceleration, damage, etc.) with Quake3-style texture options. You could make the most insane simulator ever.
And in C++, not java, thank you.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 16, 2012, 04:25:18 pm »

A game where you play as a changeling sort of monster. That, or some other creep. I really want a game where i play as an alien in that way.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:51 pm »

spacestation3, poo, spacestation13...nuff said.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 577