Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926935 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #885 on: May 09, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »

I genuinely feel sorry for Australians. Every living (and some non-living!) thing is trying to kill you, and your games are censored worse than our otherwise oh-so-puritanical society.

The censorship thing is over played a little bit. While I'm fully against censorship in pretty much anyway, the list of games that were censored/banned isn't that big. You should really feel bad for the Germans. I remember seeing a publisher pack on Steam for Germany that was missing like 70% of the games and was still the exact (over priced) EU pricing.

Here's a list if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia 
Hopefully the whole "No R-rating" loop-hole will be fixed and the Christian Democrates can go back to bitching about the gays. Right now the government due to pressure has stopped refusing classfication to games and just let games slip past with a MA15+ rating.

I'm also fairly certain I met some Canadians that didn't want to kill me. Although it's hard to tell with those crafty people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:53:23 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 10, 2012, 01:09:43 am »

I'm also fairly certain I met some Canadians that didn't want to kill me. Although it's hard to tell with those crafty people.
Soon the world will be ours, and we'll be able to live somewhere where in doesn't snow in from October to May!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 10, 2012, 05:04:26 am »

Being German myself, I never missed out on a single game, thanks to paypal and the Internet... one can adjust steam to consider you american, which makes you safe around 40% on all games by currency (its 40 $ or 40 €) and no censorship...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 10, 2012, 05:06:22 am »

one can adjust steam to consider you american, which makes you safe around 40% on all games by currency (its 40 $ or 40 €) and no censorship...
Teach me master!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 10, 2012, 05:12:58 am »

You can always use a VPN but there has been cases of Valve banning accounts for it. You can also visit other steam stores in your browser by putting .us, .ru, and the like in it but as it uses a geo ip it will always default to your country origin.

Now if there's some kind of other voodoo magic that doesn't flag my account that would be most good.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 10, 2012, 05:16:03 am »

Would it be possible to create a US account someway and gift all the games to your main account?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 10, 2012, 05:37:46 am »

They apparently ban for trading a large amount of games to a single account of a differing country.
People usually make an account and trade over a gift or two disguised as something like Steamgifts.com. Plus you also have to have a minium amount value of games in an account to be able to trade as well if I remember correctly.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 10, 2012, 05:40:46 am »

Cooper, are our avatars identical or am I tripping out?

It's because we're both awesome.  Maybe Joffrey getting slapped around will be the next penguin?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 10, 2012, 05:45:14 am »

Tyrion Lannister is best dwarf.
*Hugs*

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 10, 2012, 07:24:44 am »

A game that accurately depicts the life of a Medieval knight.  Not the D&D, saving princesses type, I mean the cutthroat, vicious, wealthy warriors.  It would be a fighting/strategy game, I suppose, if you gain titles. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 10, 2012, 07:27:24 am »

Total War: Westeros
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 10, 2012, 07:29:13 am »

Total War: Westeros

Isn't there a mod for that?  Correct me if I'm wrong. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 10, 2012, 10:14:21 am »

A Crusader Kings 2 mod of that is being made right now. I really should read the last book as I think a new one was released this year or so. Might as well read all the books so far just to be sure I actually know what happened :P.

Game I wish existed: A game like Crusader Kings 2, in which you would actually play as a king in his castle. Leading troops, plotting to kill courtiers, receiving reports and maps from your troops while hoping they are as accurate as they claim they are. Or just be a 12 year old while your uncle, and regent, keeps trying to get you killed.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 10, 2012, 10:19:11 am »

So...Crusader Kings 2 with actual graphics? 

I'd like a game where you're just one individual in a sandbox area, in a vicious tribal setting.  And not as in the stereotyped Aztec, Gallic, type tribes, there could be those, but there must be more variety.

You could live life as an unknown nomad, or join a tribe, make on yourself, do stuff to ensure your tribe's survival, like moving to new hunting and foraging grounds, settling blood feuds by raiding other tribes, etc.

Inspired by the first book in the Conqueror series. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 10, 2012, 11:57:22 am »

So...Crusader Kings 2 with actual graphics? 

Sort of. Although I would love intelligence and information to be valuable and not just a matter of zooming out and clicking on provinces. If the duke of Asturias wants to know who is the baron of Turov it should not be very easy to get that (not very useful) information.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 577