Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926920 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #435 on: October 24, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »

Grandroids.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #436 on: October 24, 2011, 09:06:53 pm »

Grandroids.
Only if they were not actually real animals. Then I would feel bad. Because I would neglect them. Or freeze their thinking by closing the game. Worse, closing it because it locked up via task manager, before it saved, killing them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:07:36 pm by Kaleb702 Games »
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 24, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »

Game I wish existed?

Underwater city sim of some sort. I love the Bioshock atmosphere, but the gameplay is just dull FPS.

Wrong game in the right setting. (Absolutely beautiful, dark, isolated steampunk city at the bottom of the sea, with cool background story)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:22 pm »

Game I wish existed?

Underwater city sim of some sort. I love the Bioshock atmosphere, but the gameplay is just dull FPS.

Wrong game in the right setting. (Absolutely beautiful, dark, isolated steampunk city at the bottom of the sea, with cool background story)

Hmmm there is a Mars Colony game that is essentially the exact same thing in essence to a underwater city sim.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 24, 2011, 11:29:07 pm »

Game I wish existed?

Hmmm there is a Mars Colony game that is essentially the exact same thing in essence to a underwater city sim.

Please elaborate. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2011, 11:38:27 pm »

I don't know... what else do you need?

You have to call away for resources as well as trying to get your own from the environment.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2011, 11:39:42 pm »

What is the name of this game?  Where can I get it? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2011, 11:54:20 pm »

Mars Colony I believe (or Moon Colony)

I don't think you can get it anymore it is abandonware. Meaning the original company no longer distributes it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:44 pm »

A game I wish existed?

One with the general idea as Spore, but with the detail (But less micromanaging) of Dwarf Fortress.  Preferably with some fair graphics as well, so we can actually SEE what our creatures look like.

The game would focus more on science and realism than "Cute and Cuddly" pieces of crap running around dancing and singing, of course.

*Sigh* If only..

Shores of Hazeron, Spore + SimCity + Dwarf Fortress + MMO.  Graphics and netcode are currently pretty crappy (all movement is serverside and thus lags like hell), as the game is in alpha, but it is in development.  I believe there are a few active Bay12ers if you want to join up with an existing empire instead of running your own.

And to give you an idea of scale, there's 20-40 players online at any given time with hundreds of reasonably active empires, and it easily takes weeks to fly from the one end of explored space to the other (trust me, I just did in order to reach a friend's empire).  Only about 5% of the galaxy is actually explored.

KG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:13 am »

I stopped playing Shores of Hazeron because I accidently divorsed the city I tried hard to create AND became stranded on another planet that I tried to colonise forever.

The game seriously hates its players.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:05 am »

I stopped playing Shores of Hazeron because I accidently divorsed the city I tried hard to create AND became stranded on another planet that I tried to colonise forever.

The game seriously hates its players.

Divorced a city?  Not sure I follow what you mean...

It is indeed a follower of "losing is fun" though.  There's currently really no way to stop a high tech empire from steamrolling you, and you will die multiple times due to animals while making your first city.

KG

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:41 am »

This, maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjq4ASkHkcU

Looks interesting, although I can't find anything specifics on it. And the video was uploaded two years ago.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:50 am »

There are other colony games out there. It isn't exactly the one I meant though I am happy to hear there is more then one.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:05 am »

Here's a real one:

You are supervisor of a human colony on an alien planet- probably mars.

Building the colony is reminiscent of Sim City, but you must also manage the resources that keep your economy going. Extract ice and process and filter the water to provide helium to power the fusion generators to keep the lights on. Import foodstuffs long enough to get your own hydroponics going.

Not only must you put down the basic structures that keep your economy going, but you must also connect them. Citizens can only walk so far and mars rovers aren't the best way to transport water tanks! Everything from simple dirt roads to pressurized tunnels to transmission lines, maglev tracks, conveyor belts, pipes, and even landing pads and mass drivers is at your command- if you have the money, material, and manpower to build it.

You will also need the ability not only to grow, but to withstand the challenges you face in the wilderness: windstorms, mutiny, even sabotage. Combat is not the focus of the game, but making resilient systems is.

There are three generic goals to this game:
Profit: Getting profit on your colony's investment is key. When the colony fails or is retired, your total personal profit is a basic measure of how good you are- just like in real life!
Growth: Growing the colony into a thriving metropolis of happy and productive people is a key part of the game, and as the population grows, a more efficient and massive support structure is needed for them.
Industry: On this alien world, industrial process is tied with making the world more suitable for life. As your industry grows, so too does your ability to terraform the surface; perhaps making mars a second earth.

And, once you've tamed Mars, there's always the next challenge- Venus.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2011, 10:25:49 am »

PTT?: That sounds vaguely similar to what Outpost was supposed to be like.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 577