Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926873 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2011, 01:23:17 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73358.0

That looks really awesome, and might be up there with Dwarf Fortress if it's as deep as it looks. However, my concept has at least one immediate deviation; where conlan's claim is focused down to individuals, my proposal would be a much larger scale- up to millions of inhabitants. Individuals would only be represented by exception- you might have a researcher or business leader who needs to navigate the colony, for instance- but you as colony leader, everyone else is abstracted out.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2011, 10:48:23 pm »

What I really want is a full-fledged tribal game. I have never seen a game where you can actually organize a true tribe. Basically, the main features would be:
-Fully designable and customizable buildings, outfits, and weapons.

-A dynamic way to handle culture and religion. Live in a desert? Perhaps your people center their religion around a scorpion god, doing dances and offering sacrifices in turn for protection.

-Other tribes, warfare, and monsters. The Jackal tribe sure hates the Scorpion tribe. You can organize raids, ambushes, and other such things, and possibly start dominating the other local tribes.

Yes. So much yes.

For some reason I envision this as a text based game where you press links to do stuff. o_O I would hate that though.

A game where you can create things.
Like make incendiniary lemons by picking out several pieces and putting them together.
Then use them in a 3D environment.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 29, 2011, 02:44:03 am »

What I really want is a full-fledged tribal game. I have never seen a game where you can actually organize a true tribe. Basically, the main features would be:

-A dynamic way to handle culture and religion. Live in a desert? Perhaps your people center their religion around a scorpion god, doing dances and offering sacrifices in turn for protection.

-Other tribes, warfare, and monsters. The Jackal tribe sure hates the Scorpion tribe. You can organize raids, ambushes, and other such things, and possibly start dominating the other local tribes.

Yes. So much yes.

For some reason I envision this as a text based game where you press links to do stuff. o_O I would hate that though.

Like make incendiniary lemons by picking out several pieces and putting them together.
The Science tribe! All hail ‼Science‼

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #454 on: October 29, 2011, 05:22:20 am »

dust 514.
it's just. what i was looking for.
and i'll be damned. it's just a friggin ps3 exclusive. i'll have to buy that hell of an horrible console.
but if they keep their promise, heck, it's the only game i'll ever play.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 29, 2011, 05:43:08 am »

and i'll be damned. it's just a friggin ps3 exclusive. i'll have to buy that hell of an horrible console.

Almost every PS3 exclusive is amazing. Sad to see that you are one of "those" gamers.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2011, 07:29:48 am »

Almost every PS3 exclusive is amazing. Sad to see that you are one of "those" gamers.

don't get me wrong, what i'm angry is in part the console (i have ps2 and ps1 mind you) but mostly the "exclusive" even if it were pc exclusive i'd still be angry.
i mean, i understand it's made to cut down costs, and i understand pc is where games are the most pirated, but still, why exclusive? i just can't come to terms with modern consoles. what if the next day i buy it, pops off the ps4? or ps5?
or an announcemente is made that in three month the ps4 is going to "revolutionize" the world?
at least pcs are pcs. turn around all you want, but the difference is between linux, mac or windows. the rest is just specs.
so i'm swearing, if the ps4 gets announced the next day i buy the ps3, i'm raiding sony and burning it to the ground.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2011, 12:29:26 pm »

The hell is that supposed to mean? Only "true" gamers plunk down $300 for a console in order to play some game that is exclusive to it? Not everyone has that much disposable income.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:49 pm »

Yes. So much yes.

The Science tribe! All hail ‼Science‼
You can't customize what they look like, but consider King of Dragon Pass. It's pretty fun. You run a tribe, decide where to a lot magic points (how easily you research and prosper), decide where to raid, which councilmen to keep on your clan ring, and choose the destiny of your clan through story events. GrimithR's LP had him using "earthshakers" (Triceratops!) as beasts of burden, an awesome trickster as his clan negotiator and an etheral spike that helped him slay orcs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2011, 04:32:41 pm »

The hell is that supposed to mean? Only "true" gamers plunk down $300 for a console in order to play some game that is exclusive to it? Not everyone has that much disposable income.
I wish I could pirate a ps3 :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 29, 2011, 04:33:21 pm »

I wish I could pirate a ps3 :(

Yeah boats are expencive.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2011, 04:58:45 pm »

Somalians aren't though    :-X

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 29, 2011, 05:47:51 pm »

And coincidentally, my family owns a boat.

LET'S DO THIS SHIT

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 29, 2011, 06:38:32 pm »

And coincidentally, my family owns a boat.

LET'S DO THIS SHIT
WOOO!
*grabs 5 AK-47s*
YEAH!

FEAR THE BAY12 BATTALION! *grabs hatchet and hunting rifle*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 29, 2011, 06:41:54 pm »

I'll support you guys by forming a bandit fort in your honor.  ;D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 577