Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926913 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #630 on: January 01, 2012, 10:09:37 am »

Call of Duty in WW2, portrayed in the boots of a forcefully conscripted german soldier. and, no, i don't want him to turn on his allies in the last mission (or after the first one), but i would like to see the other side's view. but i doubt that's going to happen. so i say CoD in WW2, but let's be members of various anti-occupation ressistance members!

Yannanth

« Reply #631 on: January 01, 2012, 10:27:50 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:20:46 am by Yannanth »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 01, 2012, 10:30:49 am »

Call of Duty in WW2, portrayed in the boots of a forcefully conscripted german soldier. and, no, i don't want him to turn on his allies in the last mission (or after the first one), but i would like to see the other side's view. but i doubt that's going to happen. so i say CoD in WW2, but let's be members of various anti-occupation ressistance members!
I've played an RPG (paper and dice, plus ad-hoc tabletop tableau of the 'home' village) based upon the Volkssturm.  I'd say there'd be some cross-pollination between that and the game you're suggesting.

(Can't recall much about the source materials.  Might have been an ad-hoc game, or conversion of some suitably pliable system, by the guy who used to habitually run such sessions as I was involved in, back then.)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 01, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »

I'd have actually said that Turn Left wasn't an STL, because it was more "branch and recover", while Pompeii was an STL, because he could have 'let it be different' but took part in making it adhere to History, as opposed to not stop it like in Genesis of the Daleks.

The way I understood Turn Left is that by "going right" you have a stable time loop.  Every time the loop hits that critical moment, it is repeated.  The whole point of Turn Left was to break out of that loop.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 01, 2012, 07:34:39 pm »

The way I understood Turn Left is that by "going right" you have a stable time loop.  Every time the loop hits that critical moment, it is repeated.  The whole point of Turn Left was to break out of that loop.
A different definition of STL than mine (not that I'm claiming authority), because the "Go right" loop is a loop that prompts the "Going left", but as far as the main story timeline is a universal out-budding that, apart from this vital influence, could be considered vestigial.  Like   Perhaps call it a Stable Time Pretzel?  (Still not quite right, I think.  But off-topic, still, and trying to make this shorter and sweeter than the previous derail so as not to compound it.)

edit: Bistable Time Loop!?!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:20:07 pm by Starver »

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 02, 2012, 01:40:28 am »

I want a game like Wurm, but in the future, and with single player options and DF-level complexity (Complexity on that scale is only optional for combat)...

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #636 on: January 02, 2012, 07:17:34 am »

Space station 13 + no lag + not BYOND and a stand-alone game instead.

Don't really care if the graphics are any better, but 3D graphics would be a plus.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but people over at Baystation12.net are making this.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 02, 2012, 07:40:42 am »

Well, the games, I want, I'm designing, even if I dont have the code knowledeg enough to pull it off on my own and I completely lack art skills.

I want a Civilization To Master of Orion 3x game. I want to be able take my civilization from the stone ages, to be ruler of the galaxy. It'll be very long, to the point where multiplayer probably can't be done, but I suspect it'd be very fun, and very epic. It's been very challenging to design it, as you have to marry the two features between Civ and MoO. There also been some interesting consequences, like during the Civ part of the game, you have all your traditional Victory Goals. (peace, culture, conquest and space). Though the space one different, achieving the Space Victory, initiates the MoO part of the game. If there were other countries who were also working on Space Victory, they can still exceed and also go forth into the MoO part of the game. The same can happen with the other races. If you're slow to going into space, you find yourself at a disadvantage as the other races have been into space, and depending on their placement, may even invade you. (That alien invasion thing, is not worked out, might not be feasible, but very cool.)

The other game, I want, is X-Com Meets Stargate game. Or a Stargate game, done through an X-Com engine. That one is neat, from what I've explored, as you get different options to 'win'. You can give Earth a solid standing in the galaxy, you can dominate the galaxy as a shadowy organization, or break away from earth entirely, and have Earth be an opponent.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 02, 2012, 07:41:52 am »

Space station 13 + no lag + not BYOND and a stand-alone game instead.

Don't really care if the graphics are any better, but 3D graphics would be a plus.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but people over at Baystation12.net are making this.
Another remake attempt? There's like 16 failed ones already.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 02, 2012, 07:45:23 am »

heh.
I just wanted to announce that I'm working on a (pure :P) console game, with raw-like files, in which you want to hack the game as far as possible. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 02, 2012, 08:12:50 pm »

A different definition of STL than mine (not that I'm claiming authority), because the "Go right" loop is a loop that prompts the "Going left", but as far as the main story timeline is a universal out-budding that, apart from this vital influence, could be considered vestigial.  Like   Perhaps call it a Stable Time Pretzel?  (Still not quite right, I think.  But off-topic, still, and trying to make this shorter and sweeter than the previous derail so as not to compound it.)

The "go right" loop prompting the "go left" loop is only partially correct.
Yes, one does cause the other, but there's enough opening in the prime actor's freedom of choice that allows the "go right" to continue and re-loop.  We only observed the exiting outcome.
In any case, I'll cede the point and admit that it's an unstable loop.

edit: Bistable Time Loop!?!

No, that's something else.  Can't think of what, though.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:36 am »

Something like Dwarf Fortress Adventurer mode that isn't set in a high fantasy environment. No dwarves and elves or whatever, just humans. Still fantasy, of course, but much more lightly. Also, guns. Seriously, I have had shaped this dream long before I discovered DF.

Have you tried Caves of Qud?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 03, 2012, 05:21:25 am »

Spoiler: Not on topic (click to show/hide)

Remembered the name of that game with time-travel effects in it: Day Of The Tentacle.

If there isn't anything out there with modern interface (GTA-ish, 3D full environment emulation) with the same interactive Time Travel element, I'll add that to the wish-list of this forum. :)

(Even though it would break my more favored and (to me) aesthetically pleasing "WYGBAD,YBBAD" temporal constancy principle.  But if someone can somehow get that to work in such a plot, I'd love it. :) )

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 03, 2012, 02:33:21 pm »

FireFall, but out... and... more... customizable?

I dunno...

Blockade Runner... finished?

It seems that I keep learning of my dream games coming "soon"!
I love this board!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 03, 2012, 09:40:08 pm »

A full simulator of a megacorp in a sci-fi setting. Start out small on Earth just as one randomly chosen sci-fi tech develops. Follow the tech curve and try to face out random events (That don't just disappear with a click of a mouse! If those miners rebel, you have to deal with it until you either opress them or give them that union). Eventually, you reach a technological singularity, and you may have to orchestrate the downfall of humanity to stop going out of business.

Just a general idea, though. I may come up with more.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 577